May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!!

old poll

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don´t you find it hard to be steady on your feet again on land after the cruise?

DH and I took 3 or 4 days to get back our land legs after a 4 night cruise, this is the only thing that might dissuade us from doing DL after the cruise (oh, and our jobs too, my dad will kill me if I take more days off).

Some folks take their sea sick medication AFTER the cruise because of this. I love the feeling though, I can sit and close my eyes for days and feel like I am back on the ship! :thumbsup2

Good morning all!

I have put the Mickey Map logo in my Sig, so you can see how it looks,now, meeting the height requirement of 200 pixels.

She will be reworking the Mickey Map design as requested.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. If you wish to choose another logo, I understand completely.

Corrine

Nope! please send our thanks for all her hard work!

Pj

I just saw this link in another thread, and thought that it might help us budget enough for tips, though I don´t know if it is really accurate:
http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/

It is very accurate!!! We always use it as the starting point for our tips and then add on extra since we usually get such great service. It is also nice because it tells you what kind of bills to get if you want to pay them in cash!:banana:

There are also 2 Best Westerns directly across Harbor Blvd from the entrance to DL and DCA. We have stayed at both and both are fine - typical BW. Both have free parking. One of them is the closest hotel to the entrance, the lobby is literally at the crosswalk going across. There is then a restaurant on the south side of that BW and then the other. That is where we will most likely stay. We usually reserve thru Get Away Today because the price includes 2 adult hopper passes AND tax. You can use Get Away for any of the hotels, even the Disney ones.

On the ship, they will do whatever you ask. Tony (Aphoenix) gave me a great idea on our last cruise together. He brings his dress shirts and doesn't launder them beforehand, and then the first day on the ship he sends them out for cleaning and pressing and then they are good to go. He said the price is reasonable. That way you don't have to worry about wrinkled shirts and spending time in the laundry room on the ship! There is a bag and laundry slip in the closet and you just fill it out and give to room steward and next thing you know they are hanging in your closet.

Thanks to a tip on the Dis, DH sent his shirts out for pressing the first day. I don't remember the cost, but for pressing only it was pretty reasonable. I haven't sent laundry out. I may think about that, however, if the laundry room is as crowded as everyone says. I'm not really up for doing laundry at 3:00 am.:eek:

Now, on arriving in LA we are hoping to hire a car to drive on up to SF, but on the port site it gives Enterprise as the car rental company onsite, and they close on Sundays!! Any other ideas anyone? I told you yesterday I was worrying about it!

The Long Beach airport is approximately 10 miles from the port. Taxi fare is approximately $24. There were a couple of people from the last cruise that went over together and split the cost. Then they got their rental car, drove back over to the port and loaded up their family and luggage. (The family waited for the luggage while the DH went and got the car). At the Long Beach airport I know there is Avis, Budget, Hertz and National. The cab ride would take less than 15 minutes because you get on the 710 and then the 405 and the Long Beach airport is right off the freeway and is very small so it is very very easy to get in and out of very fast.

The National Car Rental Office is in a trailer office and you walk in, sign the papers, go out the door and walk about 10 steps to your car. Very convenient and fast.

Also, if you don't want a car you can also check on Super Shuttle via the website. You could probably arrange a group rate to get you from the port to Disneyland

It is about 26 miles to DL from the port and it is all freeway, so on a Sunday morning, unless there is an accident, it will take less than 30 minutes, generally speaking. Or as my DH would say "The way Linda drives, it will take her about 20-25 minutes to get to DL!"

Thanks for that information - we may well have to use that option. I don't think we will be going to DL, particularly with it being Memorial Day weekend and the fact that we will have been at WDW for a few days before the cruise. But, it does look like the easiest option on that day, just getting the shuttle there!

It is very accurate!!! We always use it as the starting point for our tips and then add on extra since we usually get such great service. It is also nice because it tells you what kind of bills to get if you want to pay them in cash!:banana:

How about any of our repeat repo representatives (say that 3 times fast)? Do any of you still have the tip suggestions from 2005?

Originally Posted by jellojatdisney
OK now we need a summary:

Jellojatdisney 39 on May 21
LisaG520 41 on May 20
Calmom 40 on May 16
Seaulater 29 on May ? (sorry can't remember)
NoSoLittleMermaid 59 on May 23
Granmaz 60 honorary May birthday

Anyone else?

What about 14 days before we leave???? April 27th...45yy

Um, our DD is 38 and still enjoys Disney with us. She and her DH are going to WDW and on cruise with us this Dec. Teach 'em young and the magic will live on!

My DD who is also 38 and her family are cruising with us on the Magic on12/29/07

Noel

:surfweb:

LisaG520 41 on May 20
Calmom 40 on May 16

Anyone else?

For you anything!!!

LisaG520 41 on May 20
Calmom 40 on May 16

Anyone else?

May 11 for Seaulater.....

LisaG520 41 on May 20
Calmom 40 on May 16

Anyone else?

Hey, if I can celebrate 6 weeks after mine, then 2 weeks if fine!!!

How about any of our repeat repo representatives (say that 3 times fast)? Do any of you still have the tip suggestions from 2005?

We used the cruise tip calculator and then ended up adding $5 - $40 more per person to the tip based on the service we got. Stateroom hostess was outstanding and she got all the cash we brought, and some extra on the KTWC. We hope she is working this cruise!!! Love ya Anastasia!!! :love: (she earned every dime and then some with our two sloppy tweens!!!) I also had a budget for drinks (added 20% too since some folks work harder than others) and spa budget which I added 20% too to cover tips. OH and do not forget $2 bills or lots of $1 bills for room service tips!! :thumbsup2

If you go to the tip calculator in FAQ and put in 15 days it will give you the suggestion. I think for a family of four it was 650.00-700.00. I will post the link if it is not the same one that mexican-mouseketeer used.

If you go to the tip calculator in FAQ and put in 15 days it will give you the suggestion. I think for a family of four it was 650.00-700.00. I will post the link if it is not the same one that mexican-mouseketeer used.

I believe it is the same one!!!

If I check in for just 10 minutes a couple of times a day, I might actually keep up. Although those darn west coasters always create so many posts for the rest of us to wake up to. Stop it. ;)

I got a call from school today to pick up DS5, who is sick. He must really be feeling bad because he's been sleeping ever since we got home. I'll have to drag him out of bed to pick up DS9 and the rest of the carpool soon. Poor guy.

DH gets home today, hopefully in time for dinner. :banana: He's been gone for 9 days. Yuch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter