Matching Shirts in WDW

DanceMomCG

Earning My Ears
Am I the only mom who tries to get the family to wear something that matches while in the parks in each day?:rolleyes1

I'm excited to do it for our August trip!!! We got 'noticed' by CM's left and right and we loved it!!! Not to mention it was easy to find everyone when/if we split up.

For our last trip to WDW - in 2009 - we made matching tye dye Mickey shirts which we wore on our Epcot Day. Yes, all 4 of us!!! My husband had even helped in making the shirts. :hug: such a good man!;)

My 2 DD's and I wore "Fairies" shirts on a MK, Cinderella shirts on the other MK day....We all wore a character shirt that was a similar color to DHS...

Yes, we are THAT family! :)

Any other families out there???? ;)

We are another one of those families. It’s become a fun addiction for me. On our first trip I limited it to 3 shirts for our 6 day trip. One for Chef Mickey’s, one for Crystal Palace and one Happy Thanksgiving shirt since that was when we were going. I made them for each of us. It’s just me, my dd and my ds. My dd likes wearing them and my ds is too young to care. The hostess did notice at Chef Mickey’s and it did make for cute pictures. At Crystal Palace we could barely get to our table for the staff stopping us to look at them. I also made us sweatshirts since it was November, but we were never cold enough to wear them.

From Thanksgiving week 2010 (RustManFan)

2010DisneyVacation005-1.jpg
2010DisneyVacation007-1-1-1.jpg
2010DisneyVacation009-1.jpg

Last October we went to Sea World and I found someone on the design forum to make us shirts for that trip. It was a shorter trip so we did have a shirt for each day. We got a lot of compliments on these, especially the purple one.

From October 2011 (Amy_Mickey)

DSCN3505.jpg
DSCN3503.jpg
DSCN3502.jpg
DSCN3501.jpg

In June we are headed down again for 10 days and I’ve downloaded lots of designs and gotten all of my requests. I’ve already got my order from jiffy shirts waiting. Our first two trips were surprises, but this time dd got to look at designs and pick out some things that she wanted for shirts, so we’ll have some that match, but won’t match every day. The shirts are my project for May. This month I’m finishing my printing projects, activity books and character meal autograph books for each child, and a journal for me.

Funny! Your not the only one. . .I created t shirts for our all adult party of 6 for the entire week we are there. And everyone is totally on board. .. I think it's so cool to see matching groups in the parks. And you right it sure make someone easier to find.

We are in the matching shirt club too! It does make it easy to find your family and looks good in all those vacation photos.

I am in the throws of making our shirts for our June trip.

My sister and brother-in-law joined us for a few days of our May 10 trip, and my BIL was adamant that he would not be participating in the matching shirts b/c he hates drawing attention to himself.

All day long, every CM asked him why the family didn't let him have a matching shirt. He says he'll wear whatever I give him next time.:rotfl2:

My sister and brother-in-law joined us for a few days of our May 10 trip, and my BIL was adamant that he would not be participating in the matching shirts b/c he hates drawing attention to himself.

All day long, every CM asked him why the family didn't let him have a matching shirt. He says he'll wear whatever I give him next time.:rotfl2:

:lmao:

Anyone ever seen this picture on from Awkward Family Photos?
2762972005.jpg

Yep, that's my family. I'm the teenager. I was almost 14 in this picture. I was SO embarrassed! :mad: I actually wrote a story about the "fashion monster" (aka, my mom) for my English class when we got home.
Luckily, I outgrew the embarrassment and can't wait to do matching shirts at WDW :thumbsup2 Thought I did tell my mom (my parents are coming with us) NO tie dye!! :rotfl:
However, my husband is not as big on the whole matching shirt thing
(he's a bit embarrassed by me and my family :snooty:), so we have found some awesome shirts that say "I don't do matching shirts!" They're perfect for him!

Not that it is the greatest picture but if you look at my avatar you will see that we are one of those families as well :)

We have never all matched, but the DDs and I have bright t-shirts that I appliqued rainbow stripe Mickey heads on. It didn't seem appropriate for DH, so he wore a bright orange shirt that day to at least match the tone. DH and DD13 have matching Goofy shirts, and the DDs have had several matching shirts over the years.

DH would not be above matching us, if I found something non-gender specific.

We try to dress the kids all alike whenever possible, but we don't make special shirts.
When we went when it was cold, DW found matching fleece pullovers. That made it super-easy to spot the 4 kids.

(turns out, they were the same style as the Canada cast members wear)

182.jpg

Thanks to Cast Member Hannah for posing for this picture!

This is from 2008 when we went with DH's family. It was really hard to convince my BIL (far right) to wear it but he did!

family.jpg

We are another one of those families. It’s become a fun addiction for me. On our first trip I limited it to 3 shirts for our 6 day trip. One for Chef Mickey’s, one for Crystal Palace and one Happy Thanksgiving shirt since that was when we were going. I made them for each of us. It’s just me, my dd and my ds. My dd likes wearing them and my ds is too young to care. The hostess did notice at Chef Mickey’s and it did make for cute pictures. At Crystal Palace we could barely get to our table for the staff stopping us to look at them. I also made us sweatshirts since it was November, but we were never cold enough to wear them.

From Thanksgiving week 2010 (RustManFan)

2010DisneyVacation005-1.jpg
2010DisneyVacation007-1-1-1.jpg
2010DisneyVacation009-1.jpg

Last October we went to Sea World and I found someone on the design forum to make us shirts for that trip. It was a shorter trip so we did have a shirt for each day. We got a lot of compliments on these, especially the purple one.

From October 2011 (Amy_Mickey)

DSCN3505.jpg
DSCN3503.jpg
DSCN3502.jpg
DSCN3501.jpg

In June we are headed down again for 10 days and I’ve downloaded lots of designs and gotten all of my requests. I’ve already got my order from jiffy shirts waiting. Our first two trips were surprises, but this time dd got to look at designs and pick out some things that she wanted for shirts, so we’ll have some that match, but won’t match every day. The shirts are my project for May. This month I’m finishing my printing projects, activity books and character meal autograph books for each child, and a journal for me.

Off topic but would you mind telling me where you found the blue ringer t-shirts??!!

We just bought 2 sets of matching shirts for our upcoming trip...the ones from our last trip looked great but our kids outgrew theirs...on to the next set! LOVE THEM!!

A coworker of mine has a "color of the day" designated for each day of the trip so everyone is wearing the same family of color and the pictures look great because no one clashes with what someone else is wearing.

Last trip my boys had matching shirts everyday, and our whole group (2 grandmas, myself, DH, and 2 boys) did matching shirts one day. We got SO many compliments from CMs and other guests. People were actually running up to us in the streets to ask where we got them. It was super fun! We're doing the same thing this time, and I've got our disign for the family shirts all ready to go!

Off topic but would you mind telling me where you found the blue ringer t-shirts??!!

Sure, I get all of ours at www.jiffyshirts.com.

On the home page, if you look to the left under Search and Compare, you see Style. In that list is the link to the ringer shirts.

ETA: I see you have toddlers. The toddler shirts by Rabbit Skin are great, soft and comfortable. But they run a size small. Several of the reviews mention it. My son is 2, but I got him a size 3T in his shirts this year from Wal-Mart so he has room. I ordered him a 4T in his shirts I'm making. When I compared his shirts from Jiffy to his Wal-Mart shirts they were the same size.

Yep! Big dorks here! I made over 60 shirts last year for our trip! We took 12 people, so it was awesome!

This is what our tie dye shirts looked like! We all tie dyed, then I bedazzled around the Mickey heads for the girls!

This is my hubby's tie dye shirt. He messed his Mickey head up, so I slapped an Epic Mickey transfer on, and away he went!

We all had to have Epic Mickey shirts then, so this is what the rest of them looked like! We did spray dyeing!

These next four pics are of our main t-shirt we wore on the first day and the first day my brother got there with his kids. On the front each Mickey is personalized with each separate family's names inside the Mickey, they have what we were celebrating, and on the back is each individual person's top ten reasons for visiting WDW. They were pretty funny. I wanted to brighten them up, so I added the balloons with everyone's names in them. And of course, my shirt had the Diser mickey head!
Dis1.jpg

Dis2.jpg

Dis10.jpg

Dis11.jpg

These next two are a design I came up with and call my "Linked for Life" shirt. Each person in my immediate family has a Mickey or Minnie and are linked in birth order. Then I made hats for everyone matching the colors of their Mickey or Minnie to what was on my shirt. I added a bow to my Mickey head after this picture was taken.
Dis8.jpg

Dis12.jpg

Here's the shirts my mom made with the girls.
Akershus.jpg

Here's a pic of the kids on our first day wearing our matching shirts!!!
Epcot2.jpg

Sorry, lots of pictures, but I love doing it! We also all had Star Wars Weekends shirts that were individualized. We love being Disney Dorks!!!

Sure, I get all of ours at www.jiffyshirts.com.

On the home page, if you look to the left under Search and Compare, you see Style. In that list is the link to the ringer shirts.

ETA: I see you have toddlers. The toddler shirts by Rabbit Skin are great, soft and comfortable. But they run a size small. Several of the reviews mention it. My son is 2, but I got him a size 3T in his shirts this year from Wal-Mart so he has room. I ordered him a 4T in his shirts I'm making. When I compared his shirts from Jiffy to his Wal-Mart shirts they were the same size.

Thank you for the info! I'll make sure to order them big!

Here's a pic of the kids on our first day wearing our matching shirts!!!
Epcot2.jpg

Sorry, lots of pictures, but I love doing it! We also all had Star Wars Weekends shirts that were individualized. We love being Disney Dorks!!!

We have the same shirt! The Mickey made up of the family names! Gotta love the DISigners :)

That is HILARIOUS!

I get my son Disney Tees to wear every day of the trip to coordinate with what park we'll be at. I usually match a few days, and then the other days, I try to wear the same color.

Hooray!!!! So glad I'm not the only one!!!

I need to figure out how to post pics here....I'd love to share what we did last time.

But we plan on doing the Mickey Head Tye- Dyes againt his time but we'll each do our own color. Last time we all had the traditional rainbow colors. After that....I need to get creative.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter