Matching family t-shirts?

We do matching color shirts but the designs are different. With exception of one Mickey shirt but it was bought, not made, and everyone just chose the same shirt. I like the way pictures look when everyone is in the same color. As long as I can get my family to agree, we will be doing matching color shirts. And of course a tie dye too! For our next trip I want to try the Mickey head spiral that someone did on here with the bleach pens. Those look fun too.

We did last trip and it was soooo easy to figure out what to wear. The cast members thought it was cool at times. Esp the day we did our "Watson Family Celebration" shirts in patriotic theme, our pirate shirts, and our MVMCP shirts.

This next trip we are just matching the boys' shirts and I'm being grumpy and just buying them. DH & I are going to just wear regular shirts (probably tanks for me, and t's for him). We might reuse some of the shirts though from the last trip for the boys (the ones that didnt ruin). We already have Star Wars shirts because we are doing starwars weekend for them. We picked them up today. So far we have them in matching mickey mouse shirts and matching star wars. I'm thinking of going to the PX and getting them matching buzz outfits, and another matching mickey outfit (the outfits are $10) so they can have shorts for this season (they outgrew their clothes from last year).

Didn't do matching shirts last year, but making them for this year.
Check out the Creative DISign forum :thumbsup2 those DISigners are amazing :worship:

Here are some of the shirts I made thus far and still working on others.

20100203_0952.jpg

20100203_0951.jpg

20100203_0950.jpg

20100203_0949.jpg

20100201_0946.jpg

20100131_0944.jpg

Would you please let me know how to do the tye-dye mkickey heads?

Thanks.

We ordered Disney t-shirts from outlet on sale. That way, we got to wear a different character each day. Well, DW, dds got to wear matching characters - they don't sell Tinkerbell t-shirts for men.

Thanks everyone for the replies. Y'all have some great ideas and I love the shirts I saw. It looks like we'll wear matching shirts on at least one day, maybe 2.

I'm a DISigner, so I vote YAY!!! Matching shirts are fun, especially for families with kids, and they'll get you a lot of positive attention from cast members.

Check out my DISign photobucket (link in signature below), and if you see something you would like personalized, send me a request on my DISign thread (link also in signature below).

Have a fun time at WDW!

I think if you are willing, matching t-shirts are great. It is easy to keep track of your group and it makes really nice pictures. My mother-in-law made ours last time. She bought plain colored t-shirts and iron-on mickey letters, put the names of all the kiddos and made little mickey ears out of black buttons and added ribbons on the girls shirts, they were so cute and we got lots of compliments.

We are are a NO family for the adults, the kids (who are just little) quite often get matching shirts (or colour) put on them.

We are not fans of Disney merchandise though so unless I am freezing and I forgot to pack my regular stuff you will never see me with a sweatshirt on with a character all over it.

With that said, we did have matching T-shirts for the MNSSHP but coming from the UK and wanting to get dressed up it seemed like the best option. They turned out quite cool I guess for something I designed and did myself.

Kirsten

I know you already got a lot of replies on this, but just wanted to say go for it!! My kids LOVED making them and we got so much attention from CMs and characters about our shirts! A lot of people in lines commented on them and asked where I bought them and everything. When we'd tell them we made them they were all very impressed!!! We were very original looking! And the fact that my 3 girls matched was super cute! My 10, will be 11 when we go, is still looking forward to it. We actually just made our first set last week for Epcot!!!

2010_0223AF.jpg

We enjoy having matching shirts for at least one day that we have either made ourselves or ordered from Disney shopping. This year for the sister trip celebrating my 40th birthday we have a picture of the Disney princesses making funny faces on our shirt. We are going to have so much fun. Can't wait. We've always gotten alot of compliments on our shirts. One time we even made one with Anastasia and Drizella on them.

For the last several years we've done matching T-shirts we've had a theme. In '07 it was our favorite character and our name's on each; '08 was our Hannah Montana theme (me, bff, DD1 & DD2) hubby refused to wear a Hannah shirt so we made him a Jo-Bro one. Last year we did Tink and her Fairy Friends. I made my youngest at the time was 4 a Tink inspired tutu and she had on a Tink t-shirt. I was Irradessa, bff was Silver Mist, DD1 was Fawn and again hubby refused to be a fairy so we made him Peter Pan. On the backs of our shirts it read:
"None of the Other Fairies Have Swagger Like Us".

We got so much attention with those shirts from CM's, other characters and guest. We even had one park guest ask us what was Swagger. I explained but then walked away and my oldest daughter said "well if he's gotta ask then obviously he doesn't have any". She's a hoot!

This year's theme is gonna be The Princess in the Frog with our 5yr DD old being Tiana, DH being Big Daddy, I'm Raymond and 12yr old DD being Charolett.

T.

Oh, forgot to mention that last years and this years were made by yours truly.

I love the matching/coordinating shirts, especially for families. DBF and I don't have children yet, but you bet we'll be one of "those" families! He agreed to wear polos/tee's for our next trip that have his favorite characters (Rescue Rangers, the Great Mouse Detective, etc.), so we won't be matching, but coordinating (I'll have different characters).
I'd say that so many people at Disney do the matching shirts that no one would make a "snarky comment," but if they did, who cares? You're just having fun with your family-- not hurting anyone!

If ya'll are having fun, who cares what others think!

We love matching shirts!

Yay!! We got matching shirts last year and loved it. The pictures turned out great & we got a lot of comments. We are going to wait and get them at DTD this time. We're going to go make and design them at Disney's Design A-Tee. We'll probably wear them a couple times.

We got so much attention with those shirts from CM's, other characters and guest. We even had one park guest ask us what was Swager. I explained but then walked away and my oldest daughter said "well if he's gotta ask then obviously he doesn't have any". She's a hoot!

I must not have any either because I have no idea what that means. :lmao:

swagger
1) How one presents him or her self to the world. Swagger is shown from how the person handles a situation. It can also be shown in the person's walk.
2) A person's style- they way they walk, talk, dress.
3) Swagger is to to move with confidence, sophistication and to be cool.
Swagger is to conduct your self in a way that would automaticaly earn respect. To dress in a very stylish and quirkily fasionable way would suggest one is swagger.

T.

Didn't do matching shirts last year, but making them for this year.
Check out the Creative DISign forum :thumbsup2 those DISigners are amazing :worship:

Here are some of the shirts I made thus far and still working on others.

These look awesome! Where do I get the creative design link?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter