Masks no longer required outdoors at WDW

Fantastic! The June trip is saved!

I see the pictures of the lanyards - that is a great idea - but the pics don't show where we can get them. Where do I get a mask lanyard?
We got ours at a local CVS. They had plain and some Disney themed ones! They had them on a little display rack right inside the door.575207

Last edited:
In reading the new guidelines, this the first time I noticed your masks had to be double layers--has it been this way all the time? If so, I really missed that one.

I was thinking..., does the new CDC guidance change nearby non-Disney hotel/restaurant mask policies? I know that Florida had opened up previously, but I’m not sure what hotels/ restaurants were actually doing. Seems that more lenient policies in nearby hotels/restaurants could impact business at Disney Springs, which might put pressure on Disney to take the next step of allowing people maskless indoors (other than in attractions/shows).

This is the right thing to do. It’s time. I went last august and the masks were brutal. Going again this august and hoping that the restrictions are lifted completely by then.

I’m going to AK today. Made a reservation last night, that was the only park I could find available for AP. My son most likely will go live on his IG. As I’m sure many other folks will too.

This is so dumb. If you can walk around without a mask then you can stand in an outdoor line 3 feet apart without one too.

Maybe because very few people stuck to 6 feet. It’s been months since people in line noticed the tape. On Tuesday I had an ecv almost hit my legs in line for Rise of the Resistance.

In reading the new guidelines, this the first time I noticed your masks had to be double layers--has it been this way all the time? If so, I really missed that one.

Always been double layer

I was thinking..., does the new CDC guidance change nearby non-Disney hotel/restaurant mask policies? I know that Florida had opened up previously, but I’m not sure what hotels/ restaurants were actually doing. Seems that more lenient policies in nearby hotels/restaurants could impact business at Disney Springs, which might put pressure on Disney to take the next step of allowing people maskless indoors (other than in attractions/shows).

Restaurants outside of the Disney bubble are 100% capacity as long as tables are 6 feet apart. (Doesn’t mean chairs are 6 feet apart. From there, owners may use stricture rules themselves.

Hair salons, restaurants, stores, pharmacies outside of the Disney bubble don’t require patrons to wear masks. But workers are supposed to.

My DIL works at Disney Springs. She’s still required to wear a mask.

Publix is no longer requiring masks for vaccinated customers or employees.
Click Here

https://www.wftv.com/news/florida/p...jrFlvpJkznwaXfY0p6IVeEGCj80QDDcskj8nNBnTuQOp4

On the one hand, EXCELLENT news and a big step back towards normality. On the other hand I'm a bit bummed that we just returned from WDW and just missed this relaxation of the rules!
SAME. We were there last week with 3 HOT days & it was miserable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter