Mask up buttercup! We're going to Walt Disney World! A 15 day trip like no other! UPDATED x lots 9/10!

All caught up! I love your reports. Y'all are so dang cute!

I'm so sorry about your sweet dog. We lost our Buster, a year ago. He was 15. We had him since the day he was born. It's not easy. It does get easier, a year later, but sometimes it does sneak up on you.

The easy cheese made me :rotfl2: . I live in lower AL and I always have easy cheese especially during hurricane season. A few months ago, I had an extra leftover from hurricane season. My DD11 decided she was going to help herself, in her room, with my easy cheese. Well the same little mishap happened, except it came out super fast, in a big glob, all over her bed. Once I found out what happened, it took all I had not to :rotfl2:, but I was a good parent and kept my composure. I can just imagine the look on her face and the thought of oh crap that happened.

I can't wait to hear more about y'all's trip!

Lisa I haven't been on DIS in ages but always love your reports so I'm following.
Judy

Judy! You are back on the Dis!!!! I am honored!

So happy to see you posting again. I'm enjoying your relaxing day in the MK.

Well, the posting slacked again but the lapse wasn't as long as before.

All caught up! I love your reports. Y'all are so dang cute!

Aww thank you!

I'm so sorry about your sweet dog. We lost our Buster, a year ago. He was 15. We had him since the day he was born. It's not easy. It does get easier, a year later, but sometimes it does sneak up on you.

Buster (and my Oddball) had long lives and I am sure that he was as pampered as our pups are.
The easy cheese made me :rotfl2: . I live in lower AL and I always have easy cheese especially during hurricane season. A few months ago, I had an extra leftover from hurricane season. My DD11 decided she was going to help herself, in her room, with my easy cheese. Well the same little mishap happened, except it came out super fast, in a big glob, all over her bed. Once I found out what happened, it took all I had not to :rotfl2:, but I was a good parent and kept my composure. I can just imagine the look on her face and the thought of oh crap that happened.

That's soooo funny! I would not have been able to keep my composure and I'd have posted it all over Facebook.

I can't wait to hear more about y'all's trip!

More coming up!

20 something trips to Walt Disney World and we've never done this before? What are we? Nuts?

By the time we went through the temperature screening tent, bag check and the tapstiles, the sun had set. Magic Kingdom was beautiful!

IMG_7443.JPEG

as was Cinderella Castle even if it weren't dripping in gazillions of icicles. This picture makes it look really crowded but it wasn't that bad. The castle had just changed and folks had stopped to take pictures.
IMG_7444.JPEG

Y'all, I have never been good at selfies. I couldn't hold my phone right and not make my arm look like it was sticking up (it was but I didn't want it to look like it in pictures). I also had problems with where we were looking when I snapped the button. So, lots of pictures turned out like this: :sad2:
IMG_7445.JPEG

When we were finally looking at the semi-right spot, we were blurry. Oh goodness sakes, let's skip the darn picture.

IMG_7448.JPEG

I had better things to take pictures of anyway. Look at this beauty!

IMG_7449.JPEG

We walked through the castle and I waited for just a few people to pass before I could take pictures of the murals.

IMG_7450.JPEG

IMG_7451.JPEG

**Continued in next post

20 something trips to Walt Disney World and we've never done this before? What are we? Nuts? Continued

Tonight, we were going to be doing something that we've never done before. 20+ trips to Walt Disney World and we'd never dined in the castle. I had reasons though. Lacey was never ever a princessy girl. She had no desire to dine with the characters there. Hunter was a boy and, well, he had no desire to dine with the Princesses either. (maybe when he was a teenager...insert the wink wink smiley here...but....)

One day when I was in the throes of planning, I started wondering why we hadn't been inside the castle. If we were ever going to do it, we needed to do it when I was paying for just two people 'cause y'all know it's a fairly expensive meal.

We got to the check-in area and a cast member greeted us. At that same time, I received a notification on my phone saying that I needed to check in for our reservation. Even though the cast member had already done it for us, I still did it on the app just in case I needed to. John sat down on a small bench near the entrance and I wandered around close by and took more pictures.

IMG_7452.JPEG

The columns were so cute!

IMG_7453.JPEG

IMG_7454.JPEG

IMG_7455.JPEG

Not long after, I received a notification on my phone that our table was ready. I was excited! John even said that he was excited. We followed our hostess up the stairs and she chatted with us on our way up.

IMG_7457.JPEG

IMG_7458.JPEG

IMG_7459.JPEG

Once we were upstairs, we were greeted by another hostess and we were seated. Guests were seated at every other table so that we were socially distanced. Our server was at our table almost immediately and we placed our drink orders and he explained how to access the menu with the QR code on the table. I'll go ahead and say this, while I didn't mind using the QR codes, it wasn't the easiest for John and I since I was the only one who would pull up the menus. John isn't the most tech savy so he liked to view the menus on my phone. We were scrolling up and down and back and forth during the process. For tables that had multiple guests using the QR code, it probably isn't a big deal.

Our orders placed, we waited and really looked around.

It felt amazing to be IN the castle. Was it everything I thought it would be? Maybe not. However, we were also traveling during COVID so things weren't "normal". We heard a trumpet sound and out came Cinderella! She was doing her pageant wave to the guests and posing for picture from afar. At that same time, our server came with our salads which was so good.

IMG_7460.JPEG

As we were finishing up our salads, our entrees were delivered to the table. John ordered the steak with mashed potatoes and asparagus.

IMG_7461.JPEG

My entree was the chicken with roasted potatoes and green beans.

IMG_7462.JPEG

Neither one of us left a morsel on our plates. It was that good. So good that I didn't even take a picture when Cinderella made another appearance. I thought the trumpet was sounding to recognize the perfection of the food.

**Continued in next post

Last edited:

20 something trips to Walt Disney World and we've never done this before? What are we? Nuts? Continued

Our plates were taken by our server and our dessert orders were placed. We both ordered a pumpkin flavored something or other. It was the only part of the meal that was just meh. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. (sorry about the sideways picture)

IMG_7463.JPEG

Our server brought out our ticket when we were almost done with the dessert. We paid the bill and handed the tip to the server when he came back to the table.

If it seems like the meal went semi-quickly, it did. You could tell that the servers had been trained to get guests in and out more quickly than before the pandemic. We didn't feel rushed though. How would we score Cinderella's Royal Table? A solid 9 out of 10. It would have been a 10 had the dessert been a little more moist and not meh.

Before heading back into the park, we made a stop at the restroom. I thought it odd that they had urinals in the ladies' restroom. So odd that I took a picture. After some thought, I realized that they were probably there for the moms who took their younger boys into their restroom instead of sending them into the men's by themselves.
IMG_7466.JPEG

These temporary signs were located in the majority of the restrooms that I used. If you've read any of my previous reports, you know that I visit the restrooms a lot....like a whole lot. My eyes see a RESTROOM sign and my bladder says "You must go".

IMG_7467.JPEG

Don't think that I was being intrusive when I took the pictures as there were no others there.

When I came out, I took a few pictures while waiting on John.

IMG_7468.JPEG

IMG_7469.JPEG

IMG_7470.JPEG

Now that the fabulous meal and "new" experience was over, we needed to figure out how we were going to spend the rest of our evening.

**Up next: What to do? Oh bother!

After some thought, I realized that they were probably there for the moms who took their younger boys into their restroom instead of sending them into the men's by themselves
That actually sounds like a really good idea although I think if it was anywhere else people would be concerned about it. That being said some places are now making restrooms be available for both sexes to use.

Those urinals, um, no, I do not want to see that in a women's bathroom. Little boys pee in a toilet at home, they can do the same in a restroom with mom. Is it possible this was formerly a men's room? There should have been hidden. Disney hides so many other things with fake facades, surely they could hide urinals easily.

Great updates! Loved reading about your dinner in the castle. We've eaten there once (or twice) but it's been a long time. Glad your food was good. I sometimes read so-so reviews. I'd love to visit in Nov - I think that would be a great time to go.

Magic Kingdom was beautiful!

Yes it is!

Y'all, I have never been good at selfies. I couldn't hold my phone right and not make my arm look like it was sticking up (it was but I didn't want it to look like it in pictures). I also had problems with where we were looking when I snapped the button. So, lots of pictures turned out like this: :sad2:

I have the same issues. My daughters are sooo much better.

One day when I was in the throes of planning, I started wondering why we hadn't been inside the castle. If we were ever going to do it, we needed to do it when I was paying for just two people 'cause y'all know it's a fairly expensive meal.

Perfect timing to try CRT.

We followed our hostess up the stairs and she chatted with us on our way up.

My youngest was a hostess/seater at CRT when Covid shut the parks down. She loved it.

Neither one of us left a morsel on our plates. It was that good.

Your food does look delicious. We ate here in October 2020. I had the salmon, one DD had the steak and the other had the chicken.

We both ordered a pumpkin flavored something or other. It was the only part of the meal that was just meh. It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either.

Sorry this wasn't good. We had something different.

I thought it odd that they had urinals in the ladies' restroom.

When we were there in October the restroom were under refurbishment. When I walked in and saw the urinals I walked right back out and checked the sign again. While I was still in there another lady did the exact same thing. I wonder if there are still like this now?

My eyes see a RESTROOM sign and my bladder says "You must go".

SAME

Now that the fabulous meal and "new" experience was over, we needed to figure out how we were going to spend the rest of our evening.

So happy you enjoyed your experience.

That actually sounds like a really good idea although I think if it was anywhere else people would be concerned about it. That being said some places are now making restrooms be available for both sexes to use.

I can see mothers with younger boys needing the urinals so they wont' have to send their little ones into a men's restroom alone.

This was a really awesome post!

Thanks you!

Those urinals, um, no, I do not want to see that in a women's bathroom. Little boys pee in a toilet at home, they can do the same in a restroom with mom. Is it possible this was formerly a men's room? There should have been hidden. Disney hides so many other things with fake facades, surely they could hide urinals easily.

I was quite surprised when I saw the urinals and thought I was in the wrong restroom.

Great updates! Loved reading about your dinner in the castle. We've eaten there once (or twice) but it's been a long time. Glad your food was good. I sometimes read so-so reviews. I'd love to visit in Nov - I think that would be a great time to go.

November is a great time to go, especially during the first and second week.

Yes it is!

I have the same issues. My daughters are sooo much better.

I take terrible selfies!

Perfect timing to try CRT.

My youngest was a hostess/seater at CRT when Covid shut the parks down. She loved it.

Your food does look delicious. We ate here in October 2020. I had the salmon, one DD had the steak and the other had the chicken.

Sorry this wasn't good. We had something different.

When we were there in October the restroom were under refurbishment. When I walked in and saw the urinals I walked right back out and checked the sign again. While I was still in there another lady did the exact same thing. I wonder if there are still like this now?

I almost did the same thing! I wondered if I had gone in the wrong bathroom!

SAME

So happy you enjoyed your experience.

Joining in! We were last at WDW in late September/early October of 2020. We ate at CRT in the first seating the day they reopened.

Love this story!!! Thank you for sharing! Look forward to hearing about your adventures.

What to do? Oh bother!

We left the castle and entered Fantasyland with no plan in mind other than to walk around and see what attraction had a short line. We turned to our right and saw that Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh had a minimal wait so we hopped right in line with the other guests. Before we knew it, we were asked how many were in our party and shown to out numbered queue.
IMG_7472.JPEG

Here comes our honey pot!
IMG_7473.JPEG

Waitin'...

IMG_7474.JPEG

Selfin'....

IMG_7477.JPEG

Annnnd we are off!
IMG_7478.JPEG

IMG_7479.JPEG

IMG_7482.JPEG

IMG_7483.JPEG

IMG_7492.JPEG

IMG_7494.JPEG

That was fun even if it is an attraction geared more towards the younger kids. We may not be kids but we are kids at heart.

As we neared the exit, we could see that it was raining and when we got to the store, we ran into a wall of people who were waiting out the rain.

**Continued in next post

What to do? Oh bother!

Four days before we left for Disney, my niece gave birth to a little boy, Leon, and I wanted to buy his first Mickey Mouse. The store there isn't very large but they did have a nice selection of merchandise for babies and young children. As I said, there were quite a few people in the store so it was a little hard to get to the racks but I navigated my way through the people and over to a wall that had the majority of the baby merchandise.

We found a cute Mickey Mouse that had a rattle inside and was super soft. He was adorable and would be perfect for little Leon. The cast member wrapped him up tightly in a large bag and I tucked him into my backpack.

The rain hadn't let up and had actually started raining a bit harder. Lacey had bought me a cute little polka dot poncho and I put that on. When we visited Branson, Missouri, John had bought a rain jacket from the Titanic Museum but he had never even worn it or taken it out of the zipper pouch. Once he pulled it over his head, we knew that his jacket was not going to keep him dry at all. It was shorter than we thought and only came to a little below his waist. So, he was going to be soaked and his mask had stretched out and started drooping down his chin. Yeah, he was about to be miserable!

IMG_7496.JPEG

We stopped on Main Street USA and grabbed a quick picture with the castle and light show as our backdrop. Now my hood was dropping low. We were looking a mess! By the way, he kept the mask pulled up except for that one picture.

IMG_7497.JPEG

Knowing that we were just going to have to make a run for it. Actually, we didn't run. We walked. Briskly walked all the way to the bus stop. It was still raining hard when we made it to the covered bus stop.

IMG_7498.JPEG

IMG_7498.JPEG

IMG_7499.JPEG

Our bus came and there were very few of us on the bus. Maybe five or six. The bus driver gave us our seat assignment and we were off to Disney's Caribbean Beach. Because there were so few of us, the bus driver asked us which village we needed. We were Jamaica and the other folks were Aruba. It was still raining but it was more of a light shower and not a downpour. The Skyliner was still running despite the fact that it was raining.

IMG_7500.JPEG

As soon as we got to the room, John changed into some dry comfy clothes while I shook out the rain jacket and poncho. I didn't shake them on the walkway around the building but a little further out on a pathway off to the side of the building. Back in the room, I hung them on the back of the chairs so they'd dry out and then changed clothes as well. Over the bathtub, there's a retractable clothes line and we put our wet clothes on the line so that they could dry as well.

John's ill fitting mask went in the garbage.

Y'all, look at this adorable Mickey Mouse that we bought for Leon. Isn't he the cutest?!?! My niece sent me a video last week of Leon talking and playing with Mickey. He and Mickey are pals. I see a trip to Walt Disney World in Leon's future.

IMG_7501.JPEG

**Up next: John look at this! I don't know what it is but it's cool!

That was fun even if it is an attraction geared more towards the younger kids. We may not be kids but we are kids at heart.

Winnie the Pooh makes me feel young at heart. I love the bouncing.

The store there isn't very large but they did have a nice selection of merchandise for babies and young children.

This is a good store for baby things. I will be stopping in here next month.

Y'all, look at this adorable Mickey Mouse that we bought for Leon. Isn't he the cutest?!?! My niece sent me a video last week of Leon talking and playing with Mickey. He and Mickey are pals. I see a trip to Walt Disney World in Leon's future.

So Cute! My middle child is expecting her 2nd child so I'll be looking for this.

Sorry for the rainy night! At least you had some fun before you had to make a run for it. Hope your next day is a better weather day!

Hope you and your family are safe after the storm! Finally got all caught up with the last instalment. Thanks for keeping us entertained!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter