Marriott Grande Vista Review

shoes99

DIS Veteran
Just on our way home today. We stayed 5 nights at the Marriott Grand Vista off International Drive South with my sister and brother-in-law. They traded their Aruba Ocean Club Week for Orlando and invited us to stay in their 3 bedroom villa. We got the lockoff with an attached foyer. They had the full 2 bedroom. It was beautiful. No problems other than the grounds are quite big. We stayed in a villa on the 3rd floor. We had a rental car and drove to the Disney parks each day.
Very nice.

Hi there - can you tell me if you think they would allow early check in? We are staying for a week in May! We are excited - is there a lot to do there? How far of a drive is Disney / Universal / Seaworld etc???

Thansk!

Vester

So glad to hear you enjoyed it! We're staying there over Thanksgiving week using Marriott points. Forgive the ignorance, but what did you mean when you said lockout? Any advice on a particular building / location etc we should request? Our reservation is for 2BR/2BA villa. How was the drive?

Thank you!

A lockout is when the other bedroom (not the master) has it's own door to enter/exit from. It is exactly the same as a two/three bedroom room which only has one door to enter/exit from, it just has it's own right off the bedroom. Good for different families, not good for kids in bedroom alone (I think).

Hi there - can you tell me if you think they would allow early check in? We are staying for a week in May! We are excited - is there a lot to do there? How far of a drive is Disney / Universal / Seaworld etc???

Thansk!

Vester

I've stayed there before. They probably will allow early checkin. I'd call now and ask if they allow it at all, and then the day of to confirm.

It's right around the corner from SeaWorld and only a few minutes from Disney and Universal.

Glad you enjoyed your stay, and that the property is still great. We stayed 2 years ago, and absolutely LOVED it!

We rented a 3 bedroom, but got a separate 2 bedroom and a separate 1 bedroom studio. I liked that better for our family, two sisters travelling with their husbands. We had our own studio with king bed and kitchenette. My Sister and BIL had a hugh kitchen, dining room, bedroom with jacuzzi tub and covered lenai porch and even a second bedroom with
large screen tv.. If we wanted to eat with them, we just walked across the inside foyer and used our key to open their door. It was fine.

We just returned from 5 nights at Grand Vista. We stayed in a 2 bedroom lockout with my parents and brother and his family. 8 of us in total. We stayed in the 9000 building on the 3rd floor. It was just across the parking lot from the back pool. We had a beautiful view of the golf course.Two things really impressed me. First, I could not believe how quiet it was. We never heard the usual resort noise. We sat out on the patio at night and just listened to the frogs. Very peaceful. Second, the service was excellent. From the front desk to housekeeping. Everyone was plesant and helpful. I was also impressed with how clean the rooms were. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. Believe me, when something impresses my dad, it must be good. Sea World is located about 1 mile away. We also went to Downtown Disney a few nights. We have stayed on Disney propery several times before. Now, I am a Disney fan to the end but this property was just as nice. Im sure we will stay on Disney property again but this is a great alternative.

We just came back last week. I did not notice any obvious renovations. I did read that they are remodeling the game room and childrens indoor playground. It's a very nice resort. We enjoyed our stay very much.

Thanks for the update! We're going this fall and very much looking forward to it based on what we've heard. It sounds like a pretty big place. any recommendations as to a particular building or part of the resort we should request?

We stayed in building 9000 called San Augustin. It was located in the back of the property. It is a long walk to the main building. There is a pool just across the parking lot. Sorry I cant recommend a certin building. There are several pools on the property so your never far from swimming. Also, there are staff members always driving around in golf carts. They gave us rides to the main building several times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter