Married, no kids right NOW thread!

Hey, I gotta ask. When does my booklet, I don't know what it's called. I've paid off my pkg and when does the stuff about DME and all that show up? I leave June 2. :confused3

Gabbie

Looks like this thread has been busy while I was in Italia!! Just got back (well, Monday, but am now finally through emails and calls and all that at work). We had a pet sitter at our house for the 3 weeks and thankfully the dogs & kitties were fine but I've never seen our house dirtier :mad: so I also had to take an additional day off just to clean.

Italy was awesome though...so amazing!! I always get a little afraid of planning vacations because DH and I can disagree on a LOT which can easily turn into some lovely fights...but thankfully none of that on this trip and we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!! :cool1:

What was your favorite part of the trip? Any good stories?

ramatae, thanks for taking over as the official welcomer :goodvibes

:thumbsup2

Hey, I gotta ask. When does my booklet, I don't know what it's called. I've paid off my pkg and when does the stuff about DME and all that show up? I leave June 2. :confused3

Gabbie

I'm interested in the response to this too. Anybody know? This will be the first time I've used ME, so I'm getting anxious waiting for the packet of info :rolleyes1

Gabbie

When we went last year, we received all of our paperwork about a month before we left, and I'm pretty sure that's when they told us to look for it. Hope that helps!

What was your favorite part of the trip? Any good stories?

Oh jeez I'm awful with stories!! But I think the scariest was the Amalfi Coast drive as well as driving on side roads in Sorrento that were literally 2" wider than the car itself with the mirrors pulled in...and somehow these were 2-lane roads.

The best was Lake Como - we spent 3 nights in Varenna and had a magnificent terrace looking out over the lake. So peaceful there!

Oh jeez I'm awful with stories!! But I think the scariest was the Amalfi Coast drive as well as driving on side roads in Sorrento that were literally 2" wider than the car itself with the mirrors pulled in...and somehow these were 2-lane roads.

:eek: I would be so nervous about that!

Great thread! DH and I are 33 (will be 34 next week) and 36 and we are leaving for WDW in 2 days!! We don't have any kids yet either, I had 2 miscarriages bace a few years ago and we put everything on hold for a little while. But we are hoping to start a family sometime soon (maybe we'll bring home a "little souvenir" LOL). We met online in 2000, and got married in 2003. The first year and a half we were long distance, he was in VA and I was in PA, that was hard but we got through it and now we are married about 6 1/2 years. DH likes Disney but this will only be his 2nd trip. I love it way more than he does! We do have a cat named Tigger (he's a gray and white striped tabby)but he's an old man (12 years old LOL)

ALMOST married....No children for a little while! I am 30 on the 9th :eek:
FH is 34.....Disney loving NY'ers!! Look forward to chatting with everyone!! ;)

Got my packet yesterday! Now, I'm just trying to figure out what to take with me and not the whole house. LOL.

Anna

:welcome: rndmr2 and BLTLDZ!

Good to hear you got your ME packet Anna! Just curious, how are the waits in early June?

Great thread! DH and I are both 26. He asked me to marry him at Tokyo Disneyland and ever since we've been Disney lovers. Well I've been a Disney lover and he has jumped on the band wagon!

We are planning on having kids within the next two years. But that is ultimately out of hands when it happens. We have been married for 3 years and coming up on the 4th year. It's been great without kids however and I wouldn't trade this first few years for anything. :) And if it's not meant to be yet it's not meant to be.

Going to the world in 12 days!!!

I'm so excited to find this thread! My hubby and I are 30 and 32, (yes, I'm the older one lol), and we've been married for 5 1/2 years now. I've really been feeling the pressure from everyone to have a baby, but still am unsure if we are ready. We really do want kids, but have wanted to travel and enjoy being a couple. Now we are feeling like it's soon time to start since we recently just bought our first home. Do any of you ever get that feeling that you want kids, but you have a small part of you longing to stay in a "honeymooner" stage? I know that it's selfish, but I am going to miss riding the Disney Mountains and staying out as late as we want in the parks, etc. Also nice is when they announce that they need a party of 2 for a ride, that we can go ahead of others and ride. lol Love those Disney perks!

I have had very irregualr menstrual cycles, missing months at a time, never the same time of the month etc., and we are getting married june 12 so I figured it is about time I go to the doctor and see what is going on with my since I haven't had a menstrual cycle since we were at Disney last, in January. Sorry if this is tmi but I was kind of hoping for some support from this board. I think it seems to be a few people on here may be dealing with these issues. ...So we would love to have kids whenever the good man above blesses us with them but we are just wondering if that will be possible.

I have had very irregualr menstrual cycles, missing months at a time, never the same time of the month etc., and we are getting married june 12 so I figured it is about time I go to the doctor and see what is going on with my since I haven't had a menstrual cycle since we were at Disney last, in January. Sorry if this is tmi but I was kind of hoping for some support from this board. I think it seems to be a few people on here may be dealing with these issues. ...So we would love to have kids whenever the good man above blesses us with them but we are just wondering if that will be possible.

This is a bit OT, but PM me if you need someone to talk to. I was just diagnosed with PCOS (I have the same cycle issues) and what I was told was it will be very hard for us to have children. Hard, but not impossible! Have hope.

I'm so excited to find this thread! My hubby and I are 30 and 32, (yes, I'm the older one lol), and we've been married for 5 1/2 years now. I've really been feeling the pressure from everyone to have a baby, but still am unsure if we are ready. We really do want kids, but have wanted to travel and enjoy being a couple. Now we are feeling like it's soon time to start since we recently just bought our first home. Do any of you ever get that feeling that you want kids, but you have a small part of you longing to stay in a "honeymooner" stage? I know that it's selfish, but I am going to miss riding the Disney Mountains and staying out as late as we want in the parks, etc. Also nice is when they announce that they need a party of 2 for a ride, that we can go ahead of others and ride. lol Love those Disney perks!

Totally know what you mean! :thumbsup2 I'm really going to miss my wine, too. :rotfl: Definitely am getting to the point where we're both very excited and ready though, which is a fun stage to be in too.

So where have you two traveled to? That is a huge thing of mine, and we've done some travelling, but I definitely plan to continue doing big trips even once we have kids. In fact, if things go to plan (which I'm sure they won't...) we hope to head to Holland/Belgium/Germany when our first is about 6 months old. Can't let it stop us from living IMO!

JennaWest & iheardpluto - sorry to hear about both of your problems (or potential ones) with conceiving - never give up though!!

Totally know what you mean! :thumbsup2 I'm really going to miss my wine, too. :rotfl: Definitely am getting to the point where we're both very excited and ready though, which is a fun stage to be in too.

So where have you two traveled to? That is a huge thing of mine, and we've done some travelling, but I definitely plan to continue doing big trips even once we have kids. In fact, if things go to plan (which I'm sure they won't...) we hope to head to Holland/Belgium/Germany when our first is about 6 months old. Can't let it stop us from living IMO!

Love the attitude of "can do - will do"! It's not that I've traveled a lot out of country. However, there IS a trip to Italy coming up this October.:thumbsup2 We do quite a bit of traveling between GA., Fl., and all the states in the Northeast. Just got back from Savannah GA. and that was so much fun! A walker's paradise is what I call it. We really are at the stage now where we are ready, and I guess it's just time to find the perfect stroller for traveling, right?!:rotfl: I think it's wonderful that you're planning a great trip like that! I think Disney has been very good about teaching us one major point, and I think you'll agree with me on this one. We learn our bodies, and know when not to keep pushing. Those moments when you just sit down and take a breather are some of the best, and then........On to the next ride! Don't you wish they made fast passes for real life at home as well?! Long lines at the grocery store, waiting at a long red light......etc.

Great thread! DH and I are both 26. He asked me to marry him at Tokyo Disneyland and ever since we've been Disney lovers. Well I've been a Disney lover and he has jumped on the band wagon!

We are planning on having kids within the next two years. But that is ultimately out of hands when it happens. We have been married for 3 years and coming up on the 4th year. It's been great without kids however and I wouldn't trade this first few years for anything. :) And if it's not meant to be yet it's not meant to be.

Going to the world in 12 days!!!

Great proposal story! I'm so excited for you on your upcoming Disney trip! Nothing like those last days before the trip and knowing all the fun that's just ahead of you. What are some of the details, your resort, length of stay, etc.?

Great proposal story! I'm so excited for you on your upcoming Disney trip! Nothing like those last days before the trip and knowing all the fun that's just ahead of you. What are some of the details, your resort, length of stay, etc.?

Well DH and I are both the USAF. We are going to stay at the Shades of Green in 9 days! I can't wait! We are only going to go for a week. But that's more than enough time for us to spend one day at each park. It should be a nice break from the Arizona heat! We are really excited since last year due to military obligation I had to be away from home and we missed our anniversary again. Haha we joke that we aren't meant to spend our anniversary together ever! Because every year we've been married we never spend it together because one of us is always away. This year DH has to leave during our anniversary so we have to make it up again later on. :P

So this is our make up anniversary trip for our third year of marriage. I don't know yet what we are going to do to make up for our forth year cause like I said we are going to miss it.

We plan to hit just one park a day. Which is good because sometime the swarm of people is just overwelming and we are by no means the comando types with it comes to going to the parks. We do wing it as far as rides go but not food. :P We are happy just being there and can accept that we won't get on all rides when we get there. We are going to do Cindy's Castle for the first time. It's going to be our first Character Meal too so hopefully it's not too too crazy!

And then not a big surprise cause, DH asked me what I wanted to do from my Birthday we are going to DL. I can't wait for that either it's still a few months off but I'm really excited I get to go to both parks this year! Disney is really good to the military so we have to take advantage of what they give us when we can. :P

Still planning a future baby. Who knows when that will happen. I'm baby crazy right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter