Married, no kids right NOW thread!

Oh! I'm soooo excited that there are so many others out there like me and my DH! I have been a "lurker" on the DIS boards for awhile but finally decided to join. :goodvibes

My DH and I met online like so many other young professionals. We both used to work wayyyy to much and never found "the one" while we were in college. It is so hard to find someone kind/respectful/intelligent/etc after you graduate! So...we were matched and the rest is history! We just celebrated our 6 month anniversary. :love:

We want kids someday but are happy to be "just us" for a couple of years. My DH is still getting used to our new furbaby, Bella. If he can't handle Bella Cat, he's not ready for a real baby. She's already got him "trained" on Saturday mornings and she wants to be fed. She'll do really annoying things to him until he gets up and feeds her. :rotfl:

We're going to WDW in September of next year and I cannot wait! Just like your husband, ramatae, it'll be my DH's first visit. He's not excited like I am...but I guarantee he'll understand when we get there! I've been going back and forth between staying at WL or POR. Do you all have any suggestions or input?

And, yes, I'll be lost when LOST is over.

Our wedding trip was DH's first visit. He now fully understands the magic, and is so excited to go back. We are looking at spring of 2011, but I have already started planning!
Anyone looking at that time frame?

Oh! I'm soooo excited that there are so many others out there like me and my DH! I have been a "lurker" on the DIS boards for awhile but finally decided to join. :goodvibes

My DH and I met online like so many other young professionals. We both used to work wayyyy to much and never found "the one" while we were in college. It is so hard to find someone kind/respectful/intelligent/etc after you graduate! So...we were matched and the rest is history! We just celebrated our 6 month anniversary. :love:

We want kids someday but are happy to be "just us" for a couple of years. My DH is still getting used to our new furbaby, Bella. If he can't handle Bella Cat, he's not ready for a real baby. She's already got him "trained" on Saturday mornings and she wants to be fed. She'll do really annoying things to him until he gets up and feeds her. :rotfl:

We're going to WDW in September of next year and I cannot wait! Just like your husband, ramatae, it'll be my DH's first visit. He's not excited like I am...but I guarantee he'll understand when we get there! I've been going back and forth between staying at WL or POR. Do you all have any suggestions or input?

15410.AD14082-Welcome-Bear_4.jpg

Good morning everyone!

I got into work WAY too early today and decided to drop in and say hello. We are a few days away from our departure and cannot wait!

I am currently in the process of writing a pre-trip report and I will post the link for anyone who might be interested. We are only doing 5 days at Disney, two at Universal, 1 at Sea World, 1 at Aquatica and then we are planning on doing two beach days with a Tampa Bay Rays game thrown in. I am thinking of possibly opening up a Twitter account and doing live updates as we go and then take those updates along with my pictures to write a full trip report.

As soon as I have that up and running I will let you guys know. Have a great day everyone!

I'm so jealous that you're leaving in 3 days! I hope you have the best time and the weather is great! You'll definitely have to take lots of pictures to share with us. :goodvibes

Thanks for the welcome!!

:cool1:Hi!!! I have read this thread a couple of times and feel we fit right in and should join, I am 20 and my fiance is 21 we are getting married June 12, not at Disney though, and want to wait to have kids for 2-3 years. His family hasn't caught the magic and just doesn't understand how we can go to Disney without kids. They obviously have never been lol.

Wow, I need to catch up! :laughing:

Welcome! I hope that your DH falls in love with Disney! I can't give you any advice on those resorts. But what about choosing the one with a theme that might help you lure DH into the Disney magic? Do you think he might like one of the themes better than the other?

Good morning everyone!

I got into work WAY too early today and decided to drop in and say hello. We are a few days away from our departure and cannot wait!

I am currently in the process of writing a pre-trip report and I will post the link for anyone who might be interested. We are only doing 5 days at Disney, two at Universal, 1 at Sea World, 1 at Aquatica and then we are planning on doing two beach days with a Tampa Bay Rays game thrown in. I am thinking of possibly opening up a Twitter account and doing live updates as we go and then take those updates along with my pictures to write a full trip report.

As soon as I have that up and running I will let you guys know. Have a great day everyone!

"...only doing..."? You have an amazing list! It was hard enough trying to get DH to allow me to book six nights at Disney... I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that our trip will encourage DH to want to do a schedule like yours next time. I look forward to reading your PTR and your live twitter updates! :thumbsup2 I'm excited that you're almost on your way! :yay:

Hello all! Decided this was a fun thread to join, after reading about lots of people with kids. DH 23 and me 22 got married in July (we also get questions all the time about having kids!). I am taking DH for his first visit to Disney World in August and I can't wait! I hope he loves it as much as I do!

Welcome! :wave2: It's so neat to see all of us who are taking our spouses for the first time! I hope that after all our trips are through we get to talk about how much they loved it and want to go back! :cool1:

:cool1:Hi!!! I have read this thread a couple of times and feel we fit right in and should join, I am 20 and my fiance is 21 we are getting married June 12, not at Disney though, and want to wait to have kids for 2-3 years. His family hasn't caught the magic and just doesn't understand how we can go to Disney without kids. They obviously have never been lol.

Hi Jenna! That's kind of how my DH's family feels as well (and they also have never been...). I'm hoping that when we get back they'll see our pics and hear about the fun we had and will change their minds!

Well, I'm 46 and my DH is 47, we go every year with our kid...but she's 20! This year she's going with her 21 year old DBF, and we will all continue to go at least once a year. When she was little we couldn't afford to go on a Disney trip, so I've never had the experience of going with children unless you the 2 times I went as a child. We all go year after year because it has everything you can get on any other vacation, so who needs little children?

Wow, I need to catch up! :laughing:

"...only doing..."? You have an amazing list! It was hard enough trying to get DH to allow me to book six nights at Disney... I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that our trip will encourage DH to want to do a schedule like yours next time. I look forward to reading your PTR and your live twitter updates! :thumbsup2 I'm excited that you're almost on your way! :yay:

We usually do 10 days, we haven't done 5 since our first trip in 2004, so this will be interesting.

I hope once your hubby gets a taste of Disney and Orlando he will want to continue going back.

Well, I'm 46 and my DH is 47, we go every year with our kid...but she's 20! This year she's going with her 21 year old DBF, and we will all continue to go at least once a year. When she was little we couldn't afford to go on a Disney trip, so I've never had the experience of going with children unless you the 2 times I went as a child. We all go year after year because it has everything you can get on any other vacation, so who needs little children?

Welcome!

All right so for anyone who is interested the PTR is up and there is a link to our new Twitter account where we will be updating live throughout the trip. Hope to see you guys following us :goodvibes

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2449422

Hey!! It’s great to see so many beautiful and hopeful people around. My husband and I’ve been to Disney twice. I also went as a child and have fondest memories of that time. So how many of us have done Disney as children ourselves? What is it that we want our kids to see most?

Hey!! It’s great to see so many beautiful and hopeful people around. My husband and I’ve been to Disney twice. I also went as a child and have fondest memories of that time. So how many of us have done Disney as children ourselves? What is it that we want our kids to see most?

:welcome:

I never got to go to Disney until I was around 16 or 17 but when we do have children I can't wait to take them. I really hope festival of the Lion King is still playing. It is my favorite show and I would love my children to see it someday.

My husband and I are are from MA too, both 28 y.o., and we plan on having kids but at the moment we live in a basement apt and husband just started his own web design company last year. We both LOVE Disney! Our first vacation was to Disney, we got engaged and married there, have annual passes and go as often as possible! This may we're doing the dessert party, somethig we've never done before. One of our favorite places to eat is Raglan Road and out favorite park is Epcot!

Welcome! Great questions! My family took my sister and I to Disney a few times growing up. Hmmm, what do we want our future kids to see most? That's a tough one. What I remember most is the first time I was tall enough to experience the "big kid" attractions. I still remember my first Space Mountain ride vividly. :cloud9: If I had to choose I'd say viewing Spectro or MSEP, but honestly I don't think I can pick one single attraction or show. I just look forward to walking them up Main Street at the Magic Kingdom for the first time... :)

My husband and I are are from MA too, both 28 y.o., and we plan on having kids but at the moment we live in a basement apt and husband just started his own web design company last year. We both LOVE Disney! Our first vacation was to Disney, we got engaged and married there, have annual passes and go as often as possible! This may we're doing the dessert party, somethig we've never done before. One of our favorite places to eat is Raglan Road and out favorite park is Epcot!

:wave2: I saw another thread with pictures of the dessert party. The desserts look heavenly! When in May are you going?

Hi everyone, so glad to have stumbled upon this thread! I haven't been on the boards in a while, but I have missed it. DH and I were married last June, and we went to WDW for our honeymoon. DH wasn't big on Disney before, but I have always been a HUGE Disney fanatic. We ended up having so much fun on our honeymoon that DH is actually considering DVC membership!! We are going in January with one of our friends (potentially more of our friends, but nobody else is sure yet) to celebrate DH's Master's Degree and I can't wait!

We recently found out that I have something called PCOS, which means getting pregnant will be difficult for us, if it happens at all, which was very hard to hear. :( We're dealing with it, though, and hopefully we can get some pixie dust mixed with baby dust sprinkled on us at WDW! So glad to have found this thread, and can't wait to hear more from all of you.

We have a cat (Siamese mix) that we adopted from the Michigan Humane Society, and a 1 1/2 year old Border Collie Mix (also from the Humane Society) who is such an awesome girl! Her name is Lola, and we just started doing Dog Agility, which is another major addiction (although maybe not quite as big as Disney, but it's definitely close!)

PS: Tips that helped DH enjoy WDW: we did a fireworks cruise, which was SO romantic... and walking along the beach by Grand Floridian and Polynesian to watch the light parade was really nice too! Also, I LOVE getting pics with the characters.. DH wasn't too keen at first, but then we found Buzz Lightyear and he loves that pic! :) They make some of the best memories! Also, if there's any characters they like, pin collecting can be dangerously addicting too.... :laughing:

Well, I have my flights picked, pkg taken care of, dining ressies done! Now.....

I just have to make it through a root canal tommorrow. :headache::eek:

I leave June 2 and come back June 7. I'll be asking for sedation and dreaming of Mickey and POP! :cloud9:

Gabbie (The Travel Writer formerly known as Anna)

Hi everyone, so glad to have stumbled upon this thread! I haven't been on the boards in a while, but I have missed it.

Welcome! :) Thanks for joining in!

Well, I have my flights picked, pkg taken care of, dining ressies done! Now.....

I just have to make it through a root canal tommorrow. :headache::eek:

I leave June 2 and come back June 7. I'll be asking for sedation and dreaming of Mickey and POP! :cloud9:

Gabbie (The Travel Writer formerly known as Anna)

We'll be at POP right after you! June 6 - 11 - We're getting so close! :woohoo:

Looks like this thread has been busy while I was in Italia!! Just got back (well, Monday, but am now finally through emails and calls and all that at work). We had a pet sitter at our house for the 3 weeks and thankfully the dogs & kitties were fine but I've never seen our house dirtier :mad: so I also had to take an additional day off just to clean.

Italy was awesome though...so amazing!! I always get a little afraid of planning vacations because DH and I can disagree on a LOT which can easily turn into some lovely fights...but thankfully none of that on this trip and we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!! :cool1:

Anyway a big welcome to all the newbies on the thread!! ramatae, thanks for taking over as the official welcomer :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter