Marmite - Love it or Hate it?

Marmite - Love it or Hate it?

• Love it

• Hate it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Even some Brits hate it! I honestly can't stand the stuff, even the smell makes me shudder! :scared:

However little British things is a good idea, Kinder eggs is something everyone seems to want to try. Watch out for the toy!

Even some Brits hate it! I honestly can't stand the stuff, even the smell makes me shudder! :scared:

However little British things is a good idea, Kinder eggs is something everyone seems to want to try. Watch out for the toy!

Ah the classic hate it response - the smell is a big part of the taste. I grew up on the stuff. Marmite on toast is my easy breakfast!

Good idea on the Kinder Eggs. Building mini helicopters was fun!

We had it for breakie today. I think DH was expecting Nutella :scared: he's not a fan of Marmite :lmao: As for me, I didn't hate it but I wouldn't order it again either :rotfl2: Actually, I'd heard of it for a long time so enjoyed being able to sample it - thx a mint Becky & Gav! :goodvibes Back to that jar of Nutella...popcorn::

cheers,
:flower3:

How could anything made of salt and used brewer's yeast be bad? :eek:
We'll probably give it a go over the weekend.

How could anything made of salt and used brewer's yeast be bad? :eek:
We'll probably give it a go over the weekend.

Good stuff!
It will be interesting to see which way the balance tips as it's currently 50/50 love it / hate it.
I appreciate it's only a small sample of voters so far.

The great thing about Marmite is that a jar lasts ages, and that's not because we neglect it by any means!

I love you, Gav and Becx, but I finally screwed up the courage to try the stuff...

IT'S VILE!

I love you, Gav and Becx, but I finally screwed up the courage to try the stuff...

IT'S VILE!

LOL thats ok Mindy, we love you too..despite your adverse reaction to Marmite

:eek:

To those who are considering it - it's not going to do you any harm, honest! Unless you have a brewers yeast allergy? :confused3

LOL

I tried it, and, well, I have to admit that it is not one of my top 10 favorite spreads. I love that you guys gave it to us to try out. I had heard about it, and now I know exactly what people are talking about when they mention it. :goodvibes

Today one of our local radio hosts, Bill Handel, mentioned Marmite, and he was pretty vocal about his thoughts on it. :laughing:

I had to go hunt this down. I was actually looking forward to trying something 'exotic'. I just tried. On toast. It was, well, not so good. For something that looked a lot like Nutella, it didn't taste anything like it. I guess I'm like Kevin and the, was it cheese balls that looked like chocolate? Anyway, I'm extremely disappointed to say that I didn't like it so good. I doubt I will be trying it again. Ever. :rolleyes1

IT'S VILE!

Totally agree Mindy!

After my years of making toast for my dad, I would say this: with Marmite less is more! You only need a very thin scraping, any more and it becomes inedible (I remember the look on my dad's face after trying to force down a well spread piece of toast on his birthday!) Maybe that will help others!

LOL thats ok Mindy, we love you too..despite your adverse reaction to Marmite

:eek:

To those who are considering it - it's not going to do you any harm, honest! Unless you have a brewers yeast allergy? :confused3

LOL

I was wondering about that.
Guess that means it is out for me.
I have gout! :eek:
So I guess it will be up to John to try!

blechhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

they sell both of them at our corner grocer...marmite and veggiemite.......to satisfy those particular tastebuds of our brit and ozzie neighbors...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

and for us yanks, the grocer carries truly wonderful delicacies: peanut M&Ms, snickers, twizzlers, etc etc etc....mmmMMmMmmMMmmmMmmmm.....

Oh dear it appears Marmite is enduring an unlawful demise with votes in favour of hate.

Come on out the peanut butter jar my other fellow Marmite lovers...where y'all hiding?

:confused:

So you said something about putting it on grilled cheese? We have an at home day (odd for us) and I will need to make lunch. Its been sitting there, looking at me with the "you know you want to try me" eyes. So grilled cheese w/ Marmite sandwiches for lunch tomorrow. And then a vote on whether or not we liked it.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter