Marching Band!

i hate our school's varsity team. they don't respect us. the only time they respect us is when we introduce them while playing the fight song. they are all ignorant morons.

Hah, we can't dare do that to our home team. But when the away team drops the ball or such, we can play something like that. It's not the wah wah waaaahhhhh. But we play.....gar, how to sound it out. Hm, it's played on the trumpet as C, B, B-flat, A (while wiggling the second valve) So I guess: Wah, wah, wah, waahhh-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah? XD

Hahaha, we still (not me, but the other two people) kept doing it. They said "We'll stop playing that when you stop screwing up."

xP
We just loveee our football team. :upsidedow
When we introduce our Victory March to the freshmen we're like....."We play this when we get a touch down. We play this once or twice a game."

i hate our school's varsity team. they don't respect us. the only time they respect us is when we introduce them while playing the fight song. they are all ignorant morons.
::yes::

soooo,

I Play - Clarinet/Bass Clarinet & Sax.
Years Playing - 4 1/2
Year - Freshman
Camp - Yes

I don't even know how our football team acts around us.
there's little interaction.

Yeah, basically our whole school thinks we're a bunch of geeks. The path to the student parking lot is on the visitors side of the stadium, and they all mock sing our fight song as they walk to the parking lot. Then, when we don't react, they all get mad.:lmao:

My school is all about the band so many people are in it that a lot of the people who do sports are in the band. So it works out. There are the certain people like coughmecough who just LOVE band more than anything and are super-duper geeky about it and they make fun of them a lot. But other than that none of the football players or other sports people make fun of us too much.

I got my whistle today!!!!

It's sooooooo riddiculously loud I've been practicing it's gonna be a good year:cool1:

I joined the marching band for the credits for my diploma and I REGRET every single second I am at practice!!!!!!!!!:eek: :scared1: :eek: :confused: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

"We'll stop playing that when you stop screwing up."
:rotfl:

Yeah, basically our whole school thinks we're a bunch of geeks. The path to the student parking lot is on the visitors side of the stadium, and they all mock sing our fight song as they walk to the parking lot. Then, when we don't react, they all get mad.:lmao:
they mock our fight song too. we're just like..."yup, your supposed to hold that note for 2 measurees...DUH!"

our interaction with the football team is this:

football playing ape: dude you guys better play that song that goes "dun-dun-dun-dun" tonight!
me: yeah brad, we play that every home game......
ape: yeah well...do it.

Our band also has a terrible relationship with the cheerleaders and dance team. They always want the field for practice and we're like: "We have over 200 band and guard members, you only have 20 cheerleaders. We can take you on."

Also, the cheerleaders and dance team signed a petition last year to erase our halftime show at football games. :lmao:

Also, the cheerleaders and dance team signed a petition last year to erase our halftime show at football games. :lmao:

if that went on at our school, all of them would have gotten a detention/d-hall. that's rude and disrespectful.

Our band also has a terrible relationship with the cheerleaders and dance team. They always want the field for practice and we're like: "We have over 200 band and guard members, you only have 20 cheerleaders. We can take you on."

Wow, just to compete in marching band my school has to combine with our sister school, and two other catholic high schools (All Boys & All Girls) that my band director teaches at. And we still only have about 85-90 with guard. :earseek:

For halftime just our two schools.

We just share halftime with the cheerleaders, but I must say, I'd probably be much happier without the show. ;) It's always just embarrassing to perform considering it's only about 12 sets, not everyone knows how to march, and we use music folios and lyres. :eek: Ugh, such a disgrace to marching.....

i'm an alto sax player. i use a number 2 reed by rico. this weekend i'm going to purchase a 2 by "LaVoz Reeds" or something like that. idk the actual spelling, it's something in french, lol.

Instrument: (Marching) Trombone, (Concert) Clarinet
How long playing: Trombone- 1 year Clarinet- 5 years
Grade: 10th.
Band Camp? Yep. For 2 weeks before school starts 7:30-12:30.

Our show this year is:
Let's Get Crazy
Alive and Amplified
Crazy Train
(Fight Song)

Everyone loves the band. We're nicknamed the "Pride of (insert town here".
Our football team sucks. Last year they went 2-8. The year before they went 1-9. This year, we're going to do about the same. The team we could have beaten this year, slaughtered us.

Someone told our director that we were the highlight of that game. Haha.

We have a new director though this year. And he's changing all our traditions. I don't like it.

(Edit: If I play on wooden reeds I use 3. If I play on synthetic I use 2 3/4)

oh, that stinks. 1st period tomorrow i have marching band. sweet! for the whole month of september we do marching band music in concert band, and when weather permits, we march. (if you are in concert band you are forced to take a music elective, and be in marching band)

Marching band music takes over concert band class, or so I've heard. I actually don't go to the school I march with.

well, for the month of september all we do is marching band music. just had my first jazz band rehearsal today =)

We have block scheduling on wed. and thurs. which means i have two periods of band on thursdays. That equals four hours of playing french horn. My lips are dead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter