March Break madness ~crowds, craziness and cocktails! A March '22 PTR! TR link 03/22

I hope they get rid of it but I sadly think they will keep it.
Right??? If we were travelling with the boys it would be an extra $200 per day for Genie+ and ILLs. It's just ridiculous!
I am on tenterhooks for the official announcement this week!
Welcome and thanks for joining in! We will be in the same parks the same days! I am always up for a Dismeet if our paths cross. :)

Sadly, we didn't get Space 220 Lounge as yet but I have a couple of alerts set on it. How about you?
I do! I actually have an extra reservation I won’t need, but I don’t know yet which one it will be. If you want, I can touch base if you’d like me to coordinate a drop once I know which one will not work.
One is dinner on the 14th.

I do! I actually have an extra reservation I won’t need, but I don’t know yet which one it will be. If you want, I can touch base if you’d like me to coordinate a drop once I know which one will not work.
One is dinner on the 14th.
Thank you! We would only be going up for drinks as we are planning on F&G booths for dinner.

Thank you! We would only be going up for drinks as we are planning on F&G booths for dinner.

Okay, i will touch base. One is like 5:30, and the other is 8:30ish. I am nervous our flight may be delayed, which is why I am waiting… But 830 is really late for us to eating. My plan was just to give the late reservation away to who a random family in Epcot If our flight is on time. I’ve done that before at BOG, and always made their day.

Disney just announced DVC after-hours nights. One is on March 17, so that might work out for you...
:scratchin
Thanks so much for thinking of me. :) We are resale members so unfortunately we don't get access to these events.

St Patty's Day.....Disney style!

After a late night at Magic Kingdom, we are going to enjoy a leisurely morning. There is only one thing foiling our plans....the need to go for Covid testing required for our flight home. We are looking at Curative as they have a location super close to our resort AND it's free! Once we get that over with, it's time to head to Disney Springs for a yummy lunch at Jaleo! With the tapas style menu, it will give us an opportunity to try lots of different things. My must try items are the endive with goat cheese, the chicken fritters, the potatoes bravas and the tomato bread. Have you dined at Jaleo before? What are your favourites?

After lunch we will head back to the resort to enjoy a bit of pool time before heading to the Poly to begin our monorail bar crawl! We are hoping to start with Trader Sam's. If we can't easily get in, we may put our names on the wait list and head to Enchanted Rose first. We might try for the Steakhouse 71 lounge as well. We will definitely want to end the night at Geyser Point! Even though it is not a monorail resort, it is a MK area resort and definitely one of my favourite spots on Disney property!

Must try drinks~

Raspberry Gin Sour @ Steakhouse 71 lounge
Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Rum @ Trader Sam's
Lavender Fog @ Enchanted Rose
Huckleberry Punch @ Geyser Point

Of course, there is no way I would be able to drink all four so I can see one of us grabbing a mocktail or sparkling water and and sharing. Plus Disney drink prices are not cheap, especially with the Canadian exchange. We will be sampling some bar food along the way too with the crab cakes at Steakhouse 71, the truffle fries at Enchanted Rose and my favourite cheesy brisket dip at Geyser Point being top of the list!

What are your favourite Disney bars and lounges? Any drink recommendations? Best nibblies? Let me know!

There is only one thing foiling our plans....the need to go for Covid testing required for our flight home. We are looking at Curative as they have a location super close to our resort AND it's free!
Ah yes... Maybe by then we won't have to? Would be nice.
In the meantime...
"Travellers entering Canada will no longer have to take a pre-arrival molecular test — such as a PCR — as of Feb. 28, Health Minister Jean-Yves Duclos announced Tuesday.

Travellers will still be required to take a pre-arrival test, but they can instead opt for an authorized rapid antigen test taken no more than one day before their scheduled flight or arrival at the land border.

Molecular tests will still be accepted, but antigen tests are typically cheaper and can provide results within minutes." (CBC News · Posted: Feb 15, 2022 12:19 PM ET)

Have you dined at Jaleo before?
Nope. But have heard good things.
Of course, there is no way I would be able to drink all four
How do you know if you don't try?

:rolleyes1
Plus Disney drink prices are not cheap, especially with the Canadian exchange.
Ah yes... there is that.
Then again, with the exchange, everything in the US is not cheap.
What are your favourite Disney bars and lounges? Any drink recommendations?
Sorry, not much of a drinker and it's been too long so don't have nibblies recommendations either.

I love your plans for St Patrick’s Day ( well minus having to get a test but fingers crossed that need either disappears or goes smoothly).
You’ve picked out some really good drinks and snacks- not that I’ve actually tasted any of them but I have read a lot about them over the last two years while dreaming away the lockdowns and shielding times of 2020/21. I like the idea of tapas at Paleo though I don’t think my family share my enthusiasm ( 2 sons both big burger/steak fans). The goats cheese endive looks delicious. Trader Sams looks like a really fun place and sure you can’t go wrong ending at GP. Sounds pretty perfect to me.
Can’t wait to hear how you get on.

Ah yes... Maybe by then we won't have to? Would be nice.
That would be fantastic! I think if the US dropped the rapid antigen test requirement for flights, Canada would follow suit. The UK no longer has any testing requirements and I wish Canada would follow their example.
Nope. But have heard good things.
Same here! @Steppesister raved about her meal there and her review made me put Jaleo on my list.
How do you know if you don't try?

:rolleyes1
Hahaha......I don't think anyone would want to see the results of that! 2 is pretty much my limit.
Sorry, not much of a drinker and it's been too long so don't have nibblies recommendations either.
Well you will be able to remedy that in August when you can try ALL the snacks and nibblies!

I love your plans for St Patrick’s Day ( well minus having to get a test but fingers crossed that need either disappears or goes smoothly).
You’ve picked out some really good drinks and snacks- not that I’ve actually tasted any of them but I have read a lot about them over the last two years while dreaming away the lockdowns and shielding times of 2020/21. I like the idea of tapas at Paleo though I don’t think my family share my enthusiasm ( 2 sons both big burger/steak fans). The goats cheese endive looks delicious. Trader Sams looks like a really fun place and sure you can’t go wrong ending at GP. Sounds pretty perfect to me.
Can’t wait to hear how you get on.
Aww, thanks Moira! I am currently watching the Friday night live at Animal Kingdom by Resort TV1 and imagining myself walking those paths. We leave three weeks from today and I am beyond excited! Jaleo would not be on the list if my boys were traveling with us but Bill is pretty willing to try anything.

That would be fantastic! I think if the US dropped the rapid antigen test requirement for flights, Canada would follow suit. The UK no longer has any testing requirements and I wish Canada would follow their example.
I didn’t know that about the UK. It would sure be nice!
Hahaha......I don't think anyone would want to see the results of that! 2 is pretty much my limit.
Okay!

We loved our progressive dinner at Jaleo
My favorites were the chicken croquettes, tomato bread, garlic shrimp, and the potatoes, delicious!
I’m going to try the brisket cheese dip and punch at GP in April, we will e staying at WL so I’m very excited.
We love Baseline Taphouse and Nomads (you probably already know this lol!)
We want to try getting in Trader Sams one of these trips!
Jock Lindsey’s has great empanadas and the Cool headed monkey is my favorite drink there!

Your trip looks great! You are going the week we were originally scheduled to go and I die a little inside when I think that we could have less than a month to go on our countdown lol. But I enjoy our summer trips and June really isn't that far away.

I love that you're planning a more relaxed trip. I can't bring myself to do that just yet, but one day. I have already pre-purchased G+ for each of our park days (9!!) and maybe that's actually the thing that makes me die a little inside. I'm trying to withhold judgment until we actually experience all of these changes, but I'm not happy with any of them. I think the way you have your trip planned yields the best chance of actually feeling the magic as it was before since you're not super focused on the parks and have some fun experiences planned.

I didn’t know that about the UK. It would sure be nice!
Fingers crossed!
We loved our progressive dinner at Jaleo
My favorites were the chicken croquettes, tomato bread, garlic shrimp, and the potatoes, delicious!
Mmmmmm! They all sound delish! Except for the shrimp...shrimp and I are not friends. Although Bill loves it.
We love Baseline Taphouse and Nomads (you probably already know this lol!)
Two of my favourites as well!
Cool headed monkey is my favorite drink there!
Thanks for the recco!
Your trip looks great! You are going the week we were originally scheduled to go and I die a little inside when I think that we could have less than a month to go on our countdown lol. But I enjoy our summer trips and June really isn't that far away.
I know you had joined our March group and was sad to hear when you rescheduled your trip. You are right though, June is not far away at all!
I love that you're planning a more relaxed trip. I can't bring myself to do that just yet, but one day. I have already pre-purchased G+ for each of our park days (9!!) and maybe that's actually the thing that makes me die a little inside. I'm trying to withhold judgment until we actually experience all of these changes, but I'm not happy with any of them. I think the way you have your trip planned yields the best chance of actually feeling the magic as it was before since you're not super focused on the parks and have some fun experiences planned.
You are a brave woman with 9 park days! June will probably be a lot less crowded though. I am pretty happy with my park plans although it will be a bit weird to only have 2 days. I didn't think my DH could do 4 or 5 days in the parks with the high crowd level. We will have fun I'm sure!

Last edited:
The big 2!

Today is the day we are going to tackle both Hollywood Studios and Magic Kingdom! I am going to go against my principles and purchase Genie+ for this day. I am not a fan of Genie+ but with spring break crowds, I'd like to actually experience some attractions instead of waiting in line all day. I haven't bought park tickets or made reservations but the days are wide open. Why are they even doing park reservations? It doesn't seem to be anything about capacity so I really don't get why it is still a thing?

Currently we are planning on starting the day at Hollywood Studios. We will do our best to be at the park by 8:00 at the latest and try to take advantage of the extra 1/2 hr for resort guests. We will make ILLs for Rise and MMRR as much as it pains me to do so. So we will be looking at $80 USD for 2 ILLs and Genie+ for the two of us!! What would we do if it was the whole family???

The plan looks like this....

Rope drop Smugglers Run
ILL for Rise
ILL for MMRR
Lightening Lane for Toy Story Midway Mania
Lightening Lane for Slinky Dog (maybe?)
Frozen show?
Once we hit 11:00 we will start trying to stack Lightening Lanes for Magic Kingdom. Bill doesn't do Tower of Terror or RnRC so those are off the list.

Lunch plans are possibly at Docking Bay 7 OR if we have a big gap between Lightening Lanes, hopping on the SkyLiner to the Riviera to have lunch at Primo Piatto. There are two must try snacks for me..... the Wookie Cookie
View attachment 646858
AND the 50th anniversary Glimmer Shimmer blondie.....
View attachment 646859
As well, I've been eyeing the Margarita flight at the HBD lounge. It looks so good!
View attachment 646860

We are planning on heading back to Old Key West for a bit before our dinner reservations at Steakhouse 71. We went for an early ADR at 5:40 pm and will head to MK via the walking path after dinner. This evening is extra hours for deluxe guests which will currently give us to 11 pm. I am hoping park hours get extended but nothing has been announced as yet. I will try to have rides booked at 5:30, 7:30 and 9:30 if possible. Must do's are...
Haunted Mansion
Big Thunder Mountain
Pirates
Splash
as well as People Mover, CoP and the Tiki Room.

We will give Enchantment a try but honestly I am not hoping for much. We will probably try to watch from Fantasyland and avoid the area in front of the castle. Yes, I am still bitter about them taking away my beloved Happily Ever After.

If it seems too tight to have dinner at Steakhouse 71, we may hop over to Geyser Point instead. You know I am always down for time at GP!

In happy news, the Canadian government is looking at removing pre arrival PCR testing for returning to Canada. This would take a huge load off my mind so please cross your fingers!

Coming up next... St Patrick's Day shenanigans!

I agree with the HEA bitterness. I completely boycotted Enchantment last trip. I may watch on our upcoming trip, we shall see.
I am happy about the PCR test removal, but we still need a rapid test. I can't wait for all of it to be removed.

Also, where do you find the Wookie Cookie?

I agree with the HEA bitterness. I completely boycotted Enchantment last trip. I may watch on our upcoming trip, we shall see.
I simply can't understand their decision to replace HEA with such an inferior show.
I am happy about the PCR test removal, but we still need a rapid test. I can't wait for all of it to be removed.
Same! Covid is spread primarily through community transmission in Canada with travel accounting for 1% of cases. So why are travelers being penalized?
Also, where do you find the Wookie Cookie?
Backlot Express! :)

You are a brave woman with 9 park days! June will probably be a lot less crowded though. I am pretty happy with my park plans although it will be a bit weird to only have 2 days. I didn't think my DH could do 4 or 5 days in the parks with the high crowd level. We will have fun I'm sure!

Yeah, we went in March one time way back in 2015 and it was definitely crowded, but was also one of our best trips. The parks opened and closed earlier because of the high expected crowds and we took full advantage of that - enjoyed watching the sunrise over the Magic Kingdom while waiting for the 7:00am EMH. And the weather is MUCH better in March, which I think helps the crowds feel more tolerable.

And I'm seconding (thirding? fourthing?) being irritated with the replacement of HEA with Enchantment. Of course, I have not seen Enchantment, but I'm not encouraged by what I hear. We have done the fireworks dessert party in MK every single time we've gone, but planning to change that this year. It makes me sad to lose that tradition, but I don't want to pay all that money for what sounds like it may be pretty disappointing.

the need to go for Covid testing required for our flight home. We are looking at Curative as they have a location super close to our resort AND it's free!

Now that it's just the antigen test it hopefully will be easier to coordinate?

What are your favourite Disney bars and lounges? Any drink recommendations? Best nibblies? Let me know!

I love lounges...sigh. I always seem to be at Disney with people who want a real sit down meal, whereas I would love to just nibble at a couple different lounges....solo trip maybe lol!!

Now that it's just the antigen test it hopefully will be easier to coordinate?
That's what I am hoping for! I think when the US drops their requirements for testing to enter by air, Canada will too. It can't come soon enough for me.
I love lounges...sigh. I always seem to be at Disney with people who want a real sit down meal, whereas I would love to just nibble at a couple different lounges....solo trip maybe lol!!
You definitely need a solo trip!! You can eat really well at lounges too with so many interesting items. I love making a meal out of different appies so it is perfect for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter