• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

March 22-24: Anything you can eat, I can eat more of...or not...

I loved the Gods of Construction line. Here in St Louis they're in the process of shutting down an 8 mile section of the interstate for 2 years. That will be traffic He-l-l.
Still in awe of the Thackery Binx line. I had to get that movie out and watch it yesterday afternoon!!
Angela

I loved the Gods of Construction line. Here in St Louis they're in the process of shutting down an 8 mile section of the interstate for 2 years. That will be traffic He-l-l.
Still in awe of the Thackery Binx line. I had to get that movie out and watch it yesterday afternoon!!
Angela

A fellow St. Louisan! We do have good taste if we both ended up on such a great dining review thread.

And, pardon me blueangel for taking your thread off topic for a moment here, but I live in mortal fear of the highway 40 construction shut-down. It will make all of our lives in the STL metropolitan area a swirling torrent of pain and misery.

Displaying my ignorance: What is this Thackery Binx you two have been referring to? Which movie is it from? Based on the similarities in our reading habits I'm wondering if this might be a movie I would enjoy. Or it could be a movie I've seen and forgotten but would enjoy seeing again. Either way, I'm curious.

Loved your entire review by the way - highly entertaining!! :thumbsup2

Thackery Binx was the boy/cat/ghost in the movie Hocus Pocus. It's a movie that you can watch over and over again and still not get bored with it! It is a perfect film for the Halloween season and jammed packed with laughter and good times. My boys (8 & 5) can even watch it with me. It's a Disney movie so you've got to watch it! It stars Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy & Sarah Jessica Parker as 3 witches.
Blueangel does your name have anything to do with the stunt team? I saw that a plane crashed from the blue angels today at an airshow.
Angela

Blueangel does your name have anything to do with the stunt team? I saw that a plane crashed from the blue angels today at an airshow.
Angela

Yes, Angela. I'm from Pensacola, home base of the Blue Angels. We love our Angels. I'm a teacher and my school is out by the base. We can watch them practicing from my classroom windows in the mornings.

There's some really cool stuff to do and see around here if you're into military stuff. I grew up here, and for me this stuff was bonding time with my dad. He made me a nerd! Honestly, we went to Las Vegas and adored the Atomic Testing Museum. I have an Albert Einstein action figure!

Anyway, the Navy is basically why this town is as big as it is, and why a large number of us have jobs. So the Navy and the Angels are really important to us. That's life around here.

Displaying my ignorance: What is this Thackery Binx you two have been referring to? Which movie is it from? Based on the similarities in our reading habits I'm wondering if this might be a movie I would enjoy. Or it could be a movie I've seen and forgotten but would enjoy seeing again. Either way, I'm curious.

I think Hocus Pocus came out while I was in High School and the Disney Channel was still one of those newfangled things I couldn't get enough of and fried my brain. Maybe that's what's wrong with me now... But anywho I saw it about a gazillion billion times and it's burned into my subconscious, so now whenever it's on a watch in memory of my lost brain cells. It's your typical tween halloween fare- harmless. Check out Penny Marshall's appearance - you have to love Laverne!

By the way, if you haven't seen the recent movie they made of Mansfield Park you should check it out. They definitely made some changes, but Fanny isn't nearly as weak and annoying as Austen wrote her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter