March 2022 Car Rental Thread

What prompts? I put a ticket in my basket & nothing happened. It's just wants my credit card info so I can click purchase. How can I bundle the ticket purchase with a car rental?
Ok so put a ticket in your cart then you go back and try to add a rental car when you do that it will show you the discounted rates you can add what you want to your cart and then purchase. It will show the discounted rates once you have the ticket already in your cart (I tried the other way around and it didn't work). I don't know how long the sale is good for. TP FB page has really good visuals on how to do it.

Ok so put a ticket in your cart then you go back and try to add a rental car when you do that it will show you the discounted rates you can add what you want to your cart and then purchase. It will show the discounted rates once you have the ticket already in your cart (I tried the other way around and it didn't work). I don't know how long the sale is good for. TP FB page has really good visuals on how to do it.
kandb, put a ticket in your basket then follow the prompts to add a car with a discount. Their prices are high, too, until you bundle it with a hotel or ticket purchase. Then, the horrifying price drops to about half of the original price on a few vehicles...still horrifying but less so.
It is a website that I believe is not allowed to be posted. It's abbreviated to UT or UCT. Below Bedding Person who travels?
Thank you all so much!!! I'm a single mom with a 9 day spring break trip booked, and was really balking at the crazy prices. Thanks to you I saved SO MUCH MONEY! I paid $351 total (including the movie ticket lol) for a 9 day standard car Avis rental in mid-March from MCO. AND it's refundable. Wow. Really, I can't thank you all enough. The very cheapest other rates I'd seen online (pay ahead rates with no cancellation, etc.) were $300 more, and the flexible terms rentals were at least $400 more, $500 more for my preferred company. Just crazy prices. Thank you again.
party:

Last edited:
Thank you all so much!!! I'm a single mom with a 9 day spring break trip booked, and was really balking at the crazy prices. Thanks to you I saved SO MUCH MONEY! I paid $351 total (including the movie ticket lol) for a 9 day standard car Avis rental in mid-March from MCO. AND it's refundable. Wow. Really, I can't thank you all enough. The very cheapest other rates I'd seen online (pay ahead rates with no cancellation, etc.) were $300 more, and the flexible terms rentals were at least $400 more, $500 more for my preferred company. Just crazy prices. Thank you again.
party:
I'm so glad it worked for you! I'm a single mom taking my 4 yr old for his 5th birthday and the $600 rental car price was giving me so much anxiety almost the same price as my VRBO. I had already budgeted Disney Parking and I planned on $350ish for a rental car but my normal channels for cheap rentals were failing me. It's such a relief to have something booked within budget....I don't even care at this point if rates drop!

I'm a single mom taking my 4 yr old for his 5th birthday and the $600 rental car price was giving me so much anxiety almost the same price as my VRBO.
That's the mental comparison I made, too. The rental car (booked at prevailing rates) would have cost way more than a night at my hotel. I looked at those prices, thinking, an ordinary rental car should not cost the same as a non-discounted night at the Grand Floridian!

I also wanted to thank those that suggested UCT for car rental - I just reserved a minivan with Avis for 9 days in March and it was roughly a third of the cost of going elsewhere. I did what others had done and added a movie ticket to my cart to have something in there, and the savings were HUGE! I added the confirmation number to my Avis app so everything is paid, set and ready to go. Thank you again!! 🤗

It looks like Avis has cracked down on trying to skip the counter with the discounted UCT rates. Adding my wizard number to the prepaid UCT reservation doubled the cost!

It looks like Avis has cracked down on trying to skip the counter with the discounted UCT rates. Adding my wizard number to the prepaid UCT reservation doubled the cost!
Hmmm… I mean, sounds more like some kind of glitch in their system, but regardless, the discount is probably worth losing the benefit of skipping the line!

Hmmm… I mean, sounds more like some kind of glitch in their system, but regardless, the discount is probably worth losing the benefit of skipping the line!
Unfortunately not- I called Avis and they confirmed the new rate to add my wizard number. Totally agree the savings are worth waiting in line for!

I booked a rental through UCT and now need to cancel. There was no button to automatically do this, so I contacted them via their website on Thursday afternoon but haven't heard back yet. Has anybody had any experience actually cancelling? I can wait a few more days before following up, but this is not the usual cancellation procedure I'm used to for travel plans so I was just curious.

I booked a rental through UCT and now need to cancel. There was no button to automatically do this, so I contacted them via their website on Thursday afternoon but haven't heard back yet. Has anybody had any experience actually cancelling? I can wait a few more days before following up, but this is not the usual cancellation procedure I'm used to for travel plans so I was just curious.

I had the same experience using the email contact - but after a day, I went back on the website and used the chat, and was able to cancel easily.

THANK YOU to everyone who mentioned the UCT discount. I needed to buy Disney park tickets for our spring break trip anyway, so I got a 9-day car rental for $259 at Budget! The lowest price I could find anywhere else was $632 at Costco. I wasn't willing to pay that much, so I was planning on doing this trip without a car, but this will give us more options!

I just went on their website and added a movie ticket for $11 and was able to see the 50% off deals.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:cheer2: We're not going to May, but this gets my rental down to 324.00 for 10 nights. Were staying at Saratoga and there is an AMC in Disney Springs so a win-win if we want to see a movie while we're there. Do you think prices will come down closer to May, or should I book? I think it's refundable. I think I'll just go ahead and book it. We are going to be there over memorial day weekend so this may be as good as it gets.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:cheer2: We're not going to May, but this gets my rental down to 324.00 for 10 nights. Were staying at Saratoga and there is an AMC in Disney Springs so a win-win if we want to see a movie while we're there. Do you think prices will come down closer to May, or should I book? I think it's refundable. I think I'll just go ahead and book it. We are going to be there over memorial day weekend so this may be as good as it gets.
Sounds like a great rate. For 16 nts in mid June, I'm seeing $522 for a intermediate size car...which is still saving me $800 over what I've seen direct.

Sounds like a great rate. For 16 nts in mid June, I'm seeing $522 for a intermediate size car...which is still saving me $800 over what I've seen direct.
I went with the economy "bubble car" "as I like to call it" for 296.00. It's just me and my son so we can throw the luggage in the back seat if we need to. I wouldn't have rented a car, but we're going to Universal and then doing a split at WDW. I like the freedom of being able to pick up water, wine, and snacks and travel between three sorts at my leisure. I can offset the parking fees with cc points. It still costs more to rent a car than Lyft everywhere, but a good car rental rate makes it worth the extra cost. One of our resorts is DVC rental so at least we'll avoid the parking fees there.

I'm so glad it worked for you! I'm a single mom taking my 4 yr old for his 5th birthday and the $600 rental car price was giving me so much anxiety almost the same price as my VRBO. I had already budgeted Disney Parking and I planned on $350ish for a rental car but my normal channels for cheap rentals were failing me. It's such a relief to have something booked within budget....I don't even care at this point if rates drop!
I'm not a single mom, but I have an older son in college and a husband who sometimes likes Disney and sometimes would rather stay home and play golf. My youngest son at 17 is a Disney fanatic. Enjoy your son at this age. I'm sure you've heard this a million times, but it goes really fast.

Anybody have experience with Avis or Budget at MCO? I want to use UCT for discount which is about 1/2 of what I would pay elsewhere. But, all the reviews for these two seem to be horrible. The discount for UCT only applies to these two rental companies.

Anybody have experience with Avis or Budget at MCO? I want to use UCT for discount which is about 1/2 of what I would pay elsewhere. But, all the reviews for these two seem to be horrible. The discount for UCT only applies to these two rental companies.
We used budget last spring break out of MCO and had no issues

I use the UCT method at MCO/Budget several times a year. No problem at all. Sometimes the line is 15 minutes or so, but it moves quickly. They also try a hard upsell of insurance, fuel, etc. I've always rented the cheapest economy car possible, I usually end up with a small SUV. My March trip is picking up at MCO, but dropping off at Daytona Beach(flight much cheaper). There was no increased cost for dropping at another airport.

We used budget last spring break out of MCO and had no issues
I use the UCT method at MCO/Budget several times a year. No problem at all. Sometimes the line is 15 minutes or so, but it moves quickly. They also try a hard upsell of insurance, fuel, etc. I've always rented the cheapest economy car possible, I usually end up with a small SUV. My March trip is picking up at MCO, but dropping off at Daytona Beach(flight much cheaper). There was no increased cost for dropping at another airport.
Thank you for the info. It’s such a good deal but was worried about all the negative reviews. 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter