March 2022 Car Rental Thread

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
I did not find a thread for March yet and wanted to share my experience :)

I've been keeping an eye out for movement in the exorbitantly high car rental rates for our spring break, the last full week in March. $70/day for an economy rental from Budget or AVIS was bananas!

Today was the first time in at least two weeks that I ran some searches. Many companies and and third party sites remain high but have come down a bit. UCT however has now loaded great discounts if you qualify for their car rental rates due to a previous ticket purchase. I just got an economy car from AVIS, March 12-28 for $30/day. In addition to saving money, AVIS will allow me to link a UCT reservation to my account so I can go straight to the garage.

Now if only the airlines would lower their prices for March :sad:

UCT = Undercover Tourist. A website that has traditionally sold discounted theme park tickets. They now also sale discounted hotel rooms and car rentals. They also seem to really like frogs.

Hmm.... I guess it is "a name that cannot be said". Anyway if you are really curious search discounted disney tickets and it will pop up. You will also see it abbreviated as UT.

biochemgirl, that is a great rate. I just booked a full size for 3/12 - 3/19 for $616.

Thanks for starting the thread.

I'm looking for a larger SUV or Mini-Van for the week of 3/5-3/13. Prices are outrageous right now. UT is showing me $1356 for a mini-van. OUCH!

I'm booked in with Fox at $478 for a compact SUV 10 day rental. Fox is not my first choice due to having to take a shuttle but at this point I might have to take it if its the only one that has a reasonable price. I was watching January rental prices because we had a trip booked for then and re-scheduled to March. They did come down quite a bit from what they were a few months ago so it gives me a little bit of hope.

I'm looking for a larger SUV or Mini-Van for the week of 3/5-3/13. Prices are outrageous right now. UT is showing me $1356 for a mini-van. OUCH!

My exact dates...except flying through TPA instead of MCO. The rates are jarring! I'm here for some help. I might even need to consider Turo!

Just book with UCT for a premium car from Mar 13- Mar 22 (9 days), total was $465. Pretty happy with that deal, with the cost of rentals these days. This was about 1/2 the cost of Costco’s rates.

Just book with UCT for a premium car from Mar 13- Mar 22 (9 days), total was $465. Pretty happy with that deal, with the cost of rentals these days. This was about 1/2 the cost of Costco’s rates.
Don't you have to buy park tickets through UCT in order to book a car at this lower rate? Thanks!

Don't you have to buy park tickets through UCT in order to book a car at this lower rate? Thanks!
It appears that the ticket purchase requirement is not in the same order as your car rental. For example I have not bought a ticket from them in years and still qualify for the discounted car rates. Others have posted that the ticket requirement is also smaller than you might imagine. Even a movie ticket might qualify for the discount.

I had to book a hotel room through them and I needed to book one anyways, so it worked out for me. Only booked a room for 1 night and was able to get the discount for the full rental, so in theory you could book the cheapest room you can find and not show up. It would add a bit to the cost of the rental, but with prices sky high for cars right now, it could be worth it.

I had to book a hotel room through them and I needed to book one anyways, so it worked out for me. Only booked a room for 1 night and was able to get the discount for the full rental, so in theory you could book the cheapest room you can find and not show up. It would add a bit to the cost of the rental, but with prices sky high for cars right now, it could be worth it.
So you HAVE to book a hotel or would any purchase (like tickets) qualify you for their discount?

Thank you for the info on this. The prices for car rentals for our trip are outrageous and I don't want Fox. We are going 3/25 to 4/1.

I just went on UCT and put in our dates for a rental and prices were outrageous also. Not sure how people got cheaper prices. Any help appreciated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter