Marathon Weekend 2025

Not sure how I feel about the artwork yet. Love the retro theme but not crazy about the Dopey one. I really liked the artwork from this year.

Question about the cost…it says it includes the platform fee. I’m guessing they would have to charge tax too? So the $688 for Dopey would be more if I’m correct. If they charge tax, what’s the percent?
My charge for the W&D 5K was exactly $112, which is the cost listed on the website, so that amount includes whatever taxes and fees there are

My charge for the W&D 5K was exactly $112, which is the cost listed on the website, so that amount includes whatever taxes and fees there are
Thanks! Wasn’t sure since I’ve never signed up for a RunDisney race and I don’t pay attention when I’ve registered for my local races.

This on a ringer t-shirt or 3/4 length baseball t-shirt or a baseball hat…like with the “WDW Marathon Weekend” part as-is with M&M over top of it…🥰🥰🥰 I am not as into merch as I used to be but they’re getting me with the vintage sporty vibes.

View attachment 843202
PLEASE let it be a navy hat, anything but black, I have too many black rD hats and I've not even been doing this that long :laughing:

Anyone considering for trying for a POT who would historically have not submitted one? Looking at the POT post, it appears Billy has already updated it with the new standards and it's looking like a 2:22 HM would be the equivalent for the marathon/challenges.

I'm something like 20min off of that for a PT in the half, but I've also never trained for a race for time. So now I have to evaluate all of my life choices for the next 3 months and decide if I should upend everything to try for one.....

(And I definitely haven't considered muling my 16 year old for a POT. :rotfl2: )
I have never been fast enough for a POT.... i am going to try though. I have a 10 miler in may... but my fastest is a 2:50 half marathon... and i have been trying to get faster but it has not been working...

I also have a race in June which is a half marathon downhill. I may kill my knees but worth it for a POT... lol.

I just wish we had more than July 1st. I feel like early fall I could have gotten it.

Last edited:

Anyone considering for trying for a POT who would historically have not submitted one? Looking at the POT post, it appears Billy has already updated it with the new standards and it's looking like a 2:22 HM would be the equivalent for the marathon/challenges.

I'm something like 20min off of that for a PT in the half, but I've also never trained for a race for time. So now I have to evaluate all of my life choices for the next 3 months and decide if I should upend everything to try for one.....

(And I definitely haven't considered muling my 16 year old for a POT. :rotfl2: )
I’m thrilled about this because I have a 2:09 HM time from last fall when I just missed the old cutoff. Going to try to get sub 2:08 in May to hopefully get B corral but I’m much less stressed about it now.

I am definitely getting anxious about POT, luckily I expected the early deadline given the last couple races and so I am signed up for a 10 miler in both April and May. I just need to repeat my 2021 PR to sneak back into B corral for the marathon. Knock on wood but in training I was able to PR my 10k by about 30 seconds/mile this weekend so I'm feeling hopeful. Just need the snow/ice to stay away, and obviously to stay healthy. If it weren't for POT I probably would never race "fast" as I do not like the feeling of my heart beating so fast! :hyper:

I like the themes, but the 10k and half are giving me major vibes of the bobo Mickey mural from Animal Kingdom.

Animal Kingdom | by fisherbray

I am definitely getting anxious about POT, luckily I expected the early deadline given the last couple races and so I am signed up for a 10 miler in both April and May. I just need to repeat my 2021 PR to sneak back into B corral for the marathon. Knock on wood but in training I was able to PR my 10k by about 30 seconds/mile this weekend so I'm feeling hopeful. Just need the snow/ice to stay away, and obviously to stay healthy. If it weren't for POT I probably would never race "fast" as I do not like the feeling of my heart beating so fast! :hyper:
🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼 I hope you’ll be in B with me!!!

nyone considering for trying for a POT who would historically have not submitted one? Looking at the POT post, it appears Billy has already updated it with the new standards and it's looking like a 2:22 HM would be the equivalent for the marathon/challenges.
Will they still take a 10k POT for the HM? If so, I've got an April one that I think I have a good shot at. Negative elevation gain and fairly straight. I did some digging to make sure it was USATF certified and it's on their list so ...

If not, I've got an April 10 miler, but that one is up and down and twisty turny, so not looking as good for a POT.

I'm still sort of baffled about the POT deadline but if they need the extra time to create a new POT corral that helps make the races safer it's probably worthwhile.

Will they still take a 10k POT for the HM?

If so, I've got an April one that I think I have a good shot at. Negative elevation gain and fairly straight.
If not, I've got an April 10 miler, but that one is up and down and twisty turny, so not looking as good for a POT.
Yes.

Will they still take a 10k POT for the HM? If so, I've got an April one that I think I have a good shot at. Negative elevation gain and fairly straight. I did some digging to make sure it was USATF certified and it's on their list so ...

Yes. 10k has historically been useable for "just" the HM, and according to the language on the website, it is still acceptable.

Don't sweat the USATF. As long as it's chip-timed and has results published online, you're good. (Forcing the issue with USATF would discount international runners....forcing them to run a POT in the states.)

I'm still sort of baffled about the POT deadline but if they need the extra time to create a new POT corral that helps make the races safer it's probably worthwhile.

Yes.
Six months prior to the race seems to be the new norm for the POT deadline. It's been like this for the DL Halloween race weekend (POT due March 1st) and Wine & Dine (POT due May 1st), so the July 1st due date was expected for Marathon Weekend.

Overall I don't have really strong feelings about the artwork or colors of the themes (other than being happy to see Dopey is purple). I'm happy to see Chip & Dale keep their place as 10k hosts and, other than that, it all feels pretty much "business as usual". I've got so many race shirts at this point, if I don't like the way some end up looking, they just won't see wear. I'll hold out overall judgement for the medals release.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter