Marathon Weekend 2022

Not planning on Marathon Weekend 2022, but I'm always hovering around the different threads. My wife is planning a Feb 2022 trip so maybe Princess 2022 if it happens.

Name: Billy
Where I Live: Cottage Grove, WI
What I Do: Vitamin D Biochemistry at UW Madison
Family: Married for 10 yrs with 1 kid DD(6), and soon to be one pup in about a month (petite goldendoodle).

Interests: Honestly, running, and things associated with running, take up a huge chunk of my time. Between the running, lifting, cycling, writing plans, coaching, etc. But outside of that, I play Xbox with my daughter (Lego, Untitled Goose Game) or by myself (COD Cold War), build Eureka Kiwi Co boxes with her, watch UW football/basketball and enjoy watching MCU movies.

Last edited:
Missed SAFD because we were at Disney until yesterday evening! I've been away from the boards for a bit but greatly looking forward to Marathon Weekend 2022 (please, please happen!). I'm in for Dopey if real races return.

SAFD:
Name: Tom
Where I’m From: Woodbridge, Virginia
What I Do: Attorney for the federal government
Family: Wife of 23+ years, 3 daughters 22, 18, 16, and 1 son, 22
Interests & Hobbies: Running, traveling to new places to run, and convincing other people to run :-)D). I head a local running club, and have enjoyed helping train friends and family for half and full marathons, especially at RunDisney events, which everyone loves. I'm also halfway to running the World Marathon Majors (Chicago, Boston and Berlin done; NYC, London, and Tokyo to go) and do the occasional ultra (2 50 milers so far, maybe a 100 miler sometime in the future?).

:wave:

SAFD:
Name: Anne
Where I Live: Montreal, Canada
What I Do: Software engineer
Family: DH of 10 years, DS8, DD5
Interests & Hobbies: Running being my #1 😁 Traveling being my #2. Star Wars being my #3. Something that combines those is ideal! I've been running for over 3 years with Princess 2021 as my goal. Started running to get back in shape after the birth of my daughter, and I've been hooked ever since.
I'm really hoping to be able to participate in Princess 2022. Hopefully the borders will be reopened by then!
10k is my preferred distance, but I also enjoy HMs. I'll train all of 2021 to participate in the Fairytale Challenge. 🤞

SAFD:

Name: Sandy
Where I Live: Las Vegas, Nevada (Originally from Southern California)
What I do: Office Manager for an elementary school
Family: Husband of 25 years, two sons (22 & 18), and two fur babies Coco (Yorkiepoo 10 ) and Emma (Lab 3)
Interests & Hobbies: Running, reading, huge Golden Knights fan and all things Disney. Oh and reading this board and daydreaming about our next trip which will hopefully be MW 2022!!

I also want to add...I ran the 2020 marathon. It was my first marathon, I had previously ran a few half marathons. I don't really know how I would have gotten through it without the help of all the people on this board. Truly. I am a huge lurker, not much of a social media person (who wants to know about my boring life, lol) but I always felt obligated to thank everybody that openly posts. So, THANK YOU ALL!

Not planning on Marathon Weekend 2022, but I'm always hovering around the different threads. My wife is planning a Feb 2022 trip so maybe Princess 2022 if it happens.

Name: Billy
Where I Live: Cottage Grove, WI
What I Do: Vitamin D Biochemistry at UW Madison
Family: Married for 10 yrs with 1 kid DD(6), and soon to be one pup in about a month (petite goldendoodle).

View attachment 551422
And the pup's name will be....... ?? :dog2:

Name: Craig
Where I’m From: Louisville, KY... born here, still here
What I Do: FP&A at a Data and Analytics company
Family: Married for 32 years. Son (29), Daughter (26), & 1 Dog (17-18 year old something)
Interests & Hobbies: Running, traveling (I think I've been to 47 states), obviously Disney, and have a basement full of pinball and video games because I never quite matured.

Name: Craig
Where I’m From: Louisville, KY... born here, still here
What I Do: FP&A at a Data and Analytics company
Family: Married for 32 years. Son (29), Daughter (26), & 1 Dog (17-18 year old something)
Interests & Hobbies: Running, traveling (I think I've been to 47 states), obviously Disney, and have a basement full of pinball and video games because I never quite matured.

I have a Louisville Bats hat that I wore faithfully for years after buying it at the park (after touring the bat factory) maybe 7-8 years ago. It's faded as heck, but still fits like a dream.

SAFD:
Name: Kim
Where Kansas City, MO --> Clearwater, FL --> Salt Lake City, UT
What I Do: Marketing for a national animal welfare nonprofit (Best Friends Animal Society - no relation to the WDW kennels)
Family: DH (married 26 years, one Muppety dog named Millie and 6 cats
Interests & Hobbies: Photography, travel (I miss it!), knitting.

Loving all the pets in this thread but please ADOPT DON'T SHOP! I promise I can help you find just about anything you want in a shelter or rescue group -- hit me up via DM any time.

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 11.48.43 AM.png

SAFD:
Name: Flavie (pronounced FLAH-vee)
Where I Live: Montreal, Canada
What I Do: Telecom Project Engineer
Family: DH of 17 years, DD15, DD13 and a Beta fish
Interests & Hobbies: Disney, running, traveling, reading. It is fun to read other people interests and realize some are shared. I did fencing when younger, played hockey for years and if my house could accommodate them I would have more LEGO too.

Same... Except that in my case, it is DD13 who is hoping for Princess 2022, she wants to run her first half-marathon then. Apparently the 5k and 10k of MW 2020 were too easy 🙃

Hi friends!

I'm Lesley from Arkansas. I'm a homeschooling, professional photographer that lives with DH (also a runner), three kids and our precious Maggie dog that my kids have spoiled rotten.

Hobbies are running races (not running in general, I only do it for the races), reading, watching every cooking show I can find, planning vacations (small or large, which has caused me much sadness the past year), and sending funny memes to my friends.

LHP_8857-2.jpg

SAFD:
Name: Melissa - I think I'm the third Melissa who's posted? I don't usually run into other Melissas.
Where I’m From: Maryland a little north of DC (originally northwest PA)
What I Do: I'm an astronomer!
Family: Married for 21 years. DH and I have three 13-yo cats (siblings that were rescued as kittens)
Interests & Hobbies: running, tennis, hiking/traveling, science fiction

So many dog photos - we need more cats! First, Zathras and Rascal showing their work-from-home technique. Second, Kali.

SAFD:
Loving all the pets in this thread but please ADOPT DON'T SHOP! I promise I can help you find just about anything you want in a shelter or rescue group -- hit me up via DM any time.

Kim,

I'm going to agree to disagree with you. There are unethical groups on both sides of adoption or shopping. The more the two sides work together on adoption or shopping responsibly, the better it will be for all animals going forward. Going with a responsible breeder who does the appropriate health testing for the breed and earns a CHIC from OFA (not just a DNA swab) is a very viable option for someone. Those dogs do not end up in shelters or if they do there is an extensive network to get the dog back to the breeder or another person in the breed to assess and rehabilitate the dog if needed. They are members of their breed club and strive to protect the breed. They know if their breed meets the lifestyle of the person that wants the dog rather than selling to anyone that gives them money. They select the puppy for the person rather than deposit order deciding picks. They prove their dogs through conformation or performance depending on breeds or lines (since some breeds have major splits between 'working' and 'show'. Not every dog in the litter will be show/performance quality but those dogs will make great pets.

Here is a good chart on types of breeders:
https://gsdca.org/german-shepherd-dogs/choosing-a-puppy/types-of-breeders

I'm more than willing to help people vet out breeders or let them know if the breed is right for their lifestyle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter