• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Marathon Weekend 2021

SAFD: So many earworms!

Some of my favorites:
--Belle from BATB...because I can always visualize this as a great Broadway number.
--Under the Sea....because even my very non-Disney DH liked to hear this when we played the Disney songs on our road trips back (to my) home from MI to MA.
--Tough to be a Bug.....You will always find me singing "and if all bugs were wiped off the face of the planet, they'd soon be no humans around here to man it" and cracking up when all the kids cry at the effects.
--The intro to Strange Things are Happening....because I was at WDW for Thanksgiving '95 with my kids and sister and we saw the debut-ish of the Toy Story parade. So cool!

SAFD:. This is a hard one. I love so many of them. I looked at my Disney playlist and this is probably the top 5 currently. It's subject to change depending on my mood. :)

That's how you know (Enchanted)
I see the light (Tangled)
The place where lost things go (Mary Poppins Returns)
Baby mine (Dumbo)
How does a moment last forever (BATB - remake)

SAFD: As others have said, there are too many to mention all of them and it would be easier to list the ones I don’t like. I’m sure that between my training journal and past answers to similar questions there is not 100% continuity to my answers, but currently:

Part of Your World (Little Mermaid) - Always and ever my #1. As someone with severe social anxiety it hits very close to home. It’s a little embarrassing but it’s incredibly emotional for me.

Belle & Gaston (animated Beauty and the Beast) - I think they are note perfect songs for a musical. Expositional and amazing at the same time.

How Does A Moment Last Forever (live action BatB) - It wouldn’t be a list of my favorite songs without Celine

Happily Ever After - I’ve detailed many times my love for HEA and the music is at the core of those feelings.

You’ll Be In My Heart (Tarzan)

I Won’t Say (I’m In Love) (Hercules)

So many more that this would get too long. Love all the music in Princess and the Frog and Frozen. I mean, I love most Disney movies and the music is a primary foundation for that love so it would basically be impossible to end this list. Outside of Part of Your World everything is in no particular order.

SAFD: In no particular order...

"Baby Mine", Dumbo (this is a love/hate, actually, because I frequently hear it on the MK-TTC ferry, and it makes my heart squeeze and my eyes leak)

"Be Prepared", Lion King

"Poor Unfortunate Souls", Little Mermaid

"I Wanna Be Like You", Jungle Book

(I'm sensing a theme here...)

"Grim Grinning Ghosts", Haunted Mansion

"This Is Halloween", the Marilyn Manson version

Can I add POTC movies 1, 2, and 3 soundtracks? I'm doing it.

EP and AK entrance plaza music.

SAFD: Does John Williams music from the Star Wars movies count? Because that's the soundtrack of my childhood, my early adulthood, and now my current adulthood.

1. Once Upon a Dream from Sleeping Beauty
2. When You Wish Upon a Star from Pinocchio
3. I See The Light from Tangled
4. I Have a Dream from Tangled
5. Evermore from Beauty and the Beast 2017 Live Action

Honorable Mention:

Let's Go Fly a Kite from Mary Poppins. Shortly after seeing mile marker 25 inside Epcot at the 2019 Marathon, I bought myself a smoothie from Morocco which had the tremendous benefit of being icy cold and tasting nothing at all like water and powerade. Shortly after getting this marvelous non alcoholic concoction into my body, this song came on. At that moment I started to quietly sing along to the song and actually felt like I was flying. This was either the elusive runners high of realizing that I was about to finish the marathon or a hallucination.

Honorable Mention:

Let's Go Fly a Kite from Mary Poppins. Shortly after seeing mile marker 25 inside Epcot at the 2019 Marathon, I bought myself a smoothie from Morocco which had the tremendous benefit of being icy cold and tasting nothing at all like water and powerade. Shortly after getting this marvelous non alcoholic concoction into my body, this song came on. At that moment I started to quietly sing along to the song and actually felt like I was flying. This was either the elusive runners high of realizing that I was about to finish the marathon or a hallucination.

That's a perfect reason to include this in your list!! Now when I'm at the finish line volunteering and everyone is crossing with food and drinks from EPCOT, I'm going to wonder if they are all feeling this way and smile to myself!

That's a perfect reason to include this in your list!! Now when I'm at the finish line volunteering and everyone is crossing with food and drinks from EPCOT, I'm going to wonder if they are all feeling this way and smile to myself!
My little sister says the same thing about the song the mice sing in Cinderella while making her dress. "We can do it, we can do it. . ." My view of Happily Ever After changed permanently after hearing Go The Distance the night after my first marathon. While I always thought the show was great as a pyrotechnic spectacular, most of its music comes from movies that don't mean much to me. While that didn't change, for obvious reasons that song hits very differently now.

And thank you for volunteering!

My little sister says the same thing about the song the mice sing in Cinderella while making her dress. "We can do it, we can do it. . ." My view of Happily Ever After changed permanently after hearing Go The Distance the night after my first marathon. While I always thought the show was great as a pyrotechnic spectacular, most of its music comes from movies that don't mean much to me. While that didn't change, for obvious reasons that song hits very differently now.

And thank you for volunteering!

That definitely is a song that's on point for race weekends. I did the same, my daughter did her first challenge this past year and we also went to watch fireworks that night and take pics with her medals and it really does hit home and take on a different meaning. I definitely teared up with her!

I love volunteering. I always think everyone on here must have passed me or interacted with me at some point! I usually run one day and volunteer the rest! I can't wait until the real races begin again. I think race volunteering might be something I've missed the most since all this started.

My view of Happily Ever After changed permanently after hearing Go The Distance the night after my first marathon. While I always thought the show was great as a pyrotechnic spectacular, most of its music comes from movies that don't mean much to me. While that didn't change, for obvious reasons that song hits very differently now.

Go the Distance is the same for. I watched Rezruns in preparation for my first marathon that was in January. I remember them playing it all through his 2018 marathon video. I did the dessert buffet + Happily Ever After with my friend who also ran as a post marathon treat - we both got emotional during that song. And everything about dreams coming true, felt so poignant after dreaming of going to Disney World (and doing this marathon) for so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter