Marathon Weekend 2021

I'm sad there's not a Challenge for the 5k, 10k, and half (yet!).

:idea:

That's it. I'm calling it the Pluto. Don't worry. I fully intend on making shirts and a hashtag. It'll be a thing in no time...............no time at all..........

#toplutoandback

....or something.

Many years ago they had tier pricing. So the earlier you booked the "cheaper" it was. But then the races and challenges began to sell out on day one so tiers were unnecessary. Something that I do miss is the percent full indicators for the races. Again unnecessary for the events that sell out almost immediately but it could drive sales and revenue at or around tier pricing changes.

Looking at the updated information for 2021, the Marathon is once again starting at 5:30. That can change of course but I have to think the transportation problems that delayed the start this year had to be a factor.

I'd be surprised if they kept the same course. Inevitably construction zones will be different by then, and crossing the course to stage caused a lot of issues.

I'm sad there's not a Challenge for the 5k, 10k, and half (yet!).

:idea:

That's it. I'm calling it the Pluto. Don't worry. I fully intend on making shirts and a hashtag. It'll be a thing in no time...............no time at all..........

#toplutoandback

....or something.
Pluto has a race though...

Looking at the updated information for 2021, the Marathon is once again starting at 5:30. That can change of course but I have to think the transportation problems that delayed the start this year had to be a factor.
Didn’t even notice but yeah unless they plan on changing up the course again.

They could always change the time again though - wasn't the 5AM start time announced after registration last year?

I'm sure the transportation challenges will change the course along with probably make certain people wake up even earlier to get on their way. My husband didn't even want to risk the buses next year and if the resort monorail has issues (like it did during the inaugural Dark Side 2016) we know now we can walk/drive him to the TTC to get straight on the EPCOT line.

My family stayed in a family suite for Marathon Weekend 2019. It was nice having two bathrooms with multiple runners. If you’re using both of the beds out in the main room it can be kind of cramped, but it worked well for us. Buildings were a little old and musty at the time (I don’t think carpet was ideal for the ventilation in the building and the heat/humidity of Florida); not sure if there have been any changes to the rooms since then.

For MW specifically buses to expo and races functioned the same for us there as it has at any other resort. No issues, but nothing great.

Thank you! This is great feedback on the rooms. We have stayed there twice, once right after it opened and then two years later, and they were definitely looking a little worn then. I can only imagine now. I have heard they are "renovating" them and replacing the carpet with another flooring. So maybe that would help. I feel like those buildings always had issues with staying cool and being humid because of that. (The whole you need a balloon to move by the AC thing...) I think with 5 of us we'd benefit from the two bathrooms, and I'd love to be able to not have to move around completely in the dark getting ready while the kids sleep. We used both beds and space was ok for us, but we'll see. Our oldest is 20 now so who knows? I can't decide if I'll miss the convenience of being at a deluxe or not. (My husband complained about staying at Beach Club instead of Contemporary for most of W&D weekend, but says he's open to AoA????) Decisions, decisions.

I noticed this, but how quickly are things selling out these days?

“Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race on a USATF certified course reflecting results between January 1, 2019 and September 29, 2020”

I forgot how generous runDisney is with their POT timeline. I was thinking I was going to need a new race, but apparently one can have enough time to have a baby and for him to turn 1 during the time allotted ;)

Natchitoches, LA

73Womens Novice 8+Tulane University3:34:47
74Womens Open 8+Tulane University3:24:09

Go Green Wave! Did undergraduate there ('96) and came back for law school ('00) while my wife finished up at the business school. I like to say that I spent 9 years in NOLA but my liver spent 15.

Despite not being able to start the Marathon this year I was looking forward to the earlier start. If their solution to transportation problems is to list the start at 5:30 rather than 5:00 and keep everything else the same I have serious questions about rD’s connection to reality and problem solving abilities.

If they want to go back to a 5:30 start I have no issues with that; but the problems this year had nothing to do with the start time and everything to do with poor planning and miscalculating the volume of traffic and effect of road closures. They should easily be able to start a race at either time with minimal issues if their planning is effective.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter