Marathon Weekend 2020

Attention C Section! We need to add @MommaoffherRocker and her drink stop to our planned goofiness. @DopeyBadger any chance you can add a calculation to your spreadsheet o' fun for leaving C corral in the last wave, running a 14 min/mile with stops, and let us know how much faster or slower we need to be to meet up with her?

On it! The Goof Troop Roving Road Party() is estimated to hit the @MommaoffherRocker character stop at 11:11am based on a 15 min/mile and 24.2 miles to Boardwalk. I'll add it to the spreadsheet as well.

Does anyone know what the temperatures were for the star wars half? I am trying to compare that to the predictions for the marathon. I don't like the heat, and I'm starting to getting worried. Star wars was hot enough that I will never go to Florida in April again.
Here's the big thing to remember when comparing FL weather in April to January: in April, we hit the daily high much earlier in the day, and it stays that high for a longer period of time. In January, we don't usually hit the daily high until around 2pm, and it lasts an hour or two, at most. As a FL runner, I always look at the hourly forecast before dressing for a morning run in winter: that's far more valuable than the forecast high for the day.

Here's the big thing to remember when comparing FL weather in April to January: in April, we hit the daily high much earlier in the day, and it stays that high for a longer period of time. In January, we don't usually hit the daily high until around 2pm, and it lasts an hour or two, at most. As a FL runner, I always look at the hourly forecast before dressing for a morning run in winter: that's far more valuable than the forecast high for the day.
Good to know! Thank you!

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules. Just wanted to post these transportation questions in here because I haven't gotten any responses elsewhere and this thread is pretty active. Unfortunately we have something else we have to be at so I have to miss this year's marathon weekend. Anyways this isn't really specific to any particular race weekend, but is something I figured someone had experience with in this group...

Has anyone ever taken an Uber from MCO straight to the Expo? My wife is going with a friend Princess Weekend and they are doing the 10K (Saturday) and Half (Sunday). They land at 5:10p on Thursday and the expo closes at 8pm. Rather than take DME to PoR and then catch another bus to the Expo, they thought it would be a safer bet to go straight to expo. The reason for trying to cram expo in Thursday is so that they can go to MK on Friday instead of Saturday... it just would work out better. So questions for anyone in the know...
  1. Is luggage permitted at the expo?
  2. Have you ever done this or seen others with luggage at the expo?
  3. Can you even take luggage bus from expo to the hotel (holding in lap if necessary) or would they need to do another Uber to hotel? Not an issue, just checking in advance.
  4. Is anyone willing to admit they've let just their luggage go via MDE (is this a sensitive topic?) while taking their own transportation from MCO?
Looking for any input that might help these 2 out. Thanks in advance.

Starting to see a bit of a cooling trend starting this upcoming weekend and the days leading up to the races but Thurs-Sun for now have remained consistent. The cooling trend might be something to watch this week to see if it starts to spill into race weekend.

AccuWeather 12/30/19

Wed 1/8 - 68°/52° Sunny
Thu 1/9 - 72°/58° Plenty of sunshine
Fri 1/10 - 78°/60° Cloudy
Sat 1/11 - 79°/62° Mostly cloudy
Sun 1/12 - 79° / 61° Mostly cloudy

12/30/19 Weather.com

Wed 1/8 - 62°/55° Partly cloudy
Thu 1/9 - 72°/61° Partly cloudy
Fri 1/10 - 76°/64° Partly cloudy
Sat 1/11 - 77°/64° Partly cloudy
Sun 1/12 - 78°/64° Partly cloudy

12/29/19 AccuWeather:

Wed 1/8 - 69°/53° Sunny
Thu 1/9 - 74°/58° Cloudy
Fri 1/10 - 77°/59° Sun then clouds
Sat 1/11 - 78°/61° Cloudy
Sun 1/12 - 78°/61° Cloudy

12/29/19 Weather.com

Wed 1/8 - 66°/56° Mostly sunny
Thu 1/9 - 70°/61° Partly cloudy
Fri 1/10 - 75°/63° Mostly cloudy
Sat 1/11 - 78°/64° Partly cloudy
Sun 1/12 - 77°/64° Partly cloudy

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules. Just wanted to post these transportation questions in here because I haven't gotten any responses elsewhere and this thread is pretty active. Unfortunately we have something else we have to be at so I have to miss this year's marathon weekend. Anyways this isn't really specific to any particular race weekend, but is something I figured someone had experience with in this group...

Has anyone ever taken an Uber from MCO straight to the Expo? My wife is going with a friend Princess Weekend and they are doing the 10K (Saturday) and Half (Sunday). They land at 5:10p on Thursday and the expo closes at 8pm. Rather than take DME to PoR and then catch another bus to the Expo, they thought it would be a safer bet to go straight to expo. The reason for trying to cram expo in Thursday is so that they can go to MK on Friday instead of Saturday... it just would work out better. So questions for anyone in the know...
  3. Can you even take luggage bus from expo to the hotel (holding in lap if necessary) or would they need to do another Uber to hotel? Not an issue, just checking in advance.
  4. Is anyone willing to admit they've let just their luggage go via MDE (is this a sensitive topic?) while taking their own transportation from MCO?

I've done the fourth option and had no issues. Uber to the expo and luggage went via MDE and showed up in my room. Of course the disclaimer is that this could obviously change at any time.

I have seen people store stuff such as a stroller under the expo buses so I don't think that part would be an issue if they go that route.

Attention C Section! We need to add @MommaoffherRocker and her drink stop to our planned goofiness. @DopeyBadger any chance you can add a calculation to your spreadsheet o' fun for leaving C corral in the last wave, running a 14 min/mile with stops, and let us know how much faster or slower we need to be to meet up with her?
If you want I can track you guys to make sure I’m out there and keeping an eye out

Also late, hope it can still be included @DopeyBadger

RACE - 5K
NAME - Baz
DIS'er Name - Basil Fox
Costume/Clothing - No Costume
Corral - TBA
Pre Race Meet Up - No
Early/Late - Early
Front/Middle/Back - Back
Expected Pace: 15:30 min/mile

RACE - 10K
NAME - Baz
DIS'er Name - Basil Fox
Corral - TBA
Pre Race Meet Up - Maybe
Early/Late - Late
Front/Middle/Back - Front
Expected Pace: 15:30 min/mile

RACE - Half Marathon
NAME - Baz
DIS'er Name - Basil Fox
Corral - F
Pre Race Meet Up - Yes
Early/Late - Early
Expected Pace: 12:30 min/mile

RACE - Marathon
NAME - Baz
DIS'er Name - Basil Fox
Corral - H
Pre Race Meet Up - Maybe
Early/Late - Early
Expected Pace: 12:30 min/mile

I've done the fourth option and had no issues. Uber to the expo and luggage went via MDE and showed up in my room. Of course the disclaimer is that this could obviously change at any time.

I have seen people store stuff such as a stroller under the expo buses so I don't think that part would be an issue if they go that route.

While I've never done number 4 I would in a heartbeat if I needed to. While I think "officially" Disney says you aren't supposed to do this, there is no way they cross check luggage to riders and it's different people who handle the bags versus checking people into MDE.

2020 Marathon Weekend DIS List v2019_12_30

Alright, attached you will find the current version of the 2020 Marathon Weekend DIS List! Please review your information for mistakes/errors. Also, please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. If I get more runners info, I'll update it again.

There are a few small tweaks. Including the addition of the @MommaoffherRocker Marathon Character stop, and a picture of a blinking hat I'll be wearing for the pre-race marathon meet to make me easier to spot. Currently we have:

5k - 37 runners (28 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
10k - 45 runners (36 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
HM - 55 runners (45 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
M - 63 runners (53 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)

Excited to share the race course with you all!

Attachments

• MW 2020 DIS List 2019_12_30 r.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 94
2020 Marathon Weekend DIS List v2019_12_30

Alright, attached you will find the current version of the 2020 Marathon Weekend DIS List! Please review your information for mistakes/errors. Also, please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. If I get more runners info, I'll update it again.

There are a few small tweaks. Including the addition of the @MommaoffherRocker Marathon Character stop, and a picture of a blinking hat I'll be wearing for the pre-race marathon meet to make me easier to spot. Currently we have:

5k - 37 runners (28 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
10k - 45 runners (36 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
HM - 55 runners (45 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)
M - 63 runners (53 yes/maybe to the pre-race meet!)

Excited to share the race course with you all!

I’ll put up a pic within the next week so you all know who to look for.

Okay, with LSU now locked in to play for the Nationl Championship on Monday, Jan 13 I'm super glad we moved our flights up a few hours so now we have time to land and make it to the Superdome for kickoff BUT I cannot find a male LSU running singlet (size small) to race in. Does anyone have any Etsy suggestions for someone who can make me something like this?

s-l640.jpg

Okay, with LSU now locked in to play for the Nationl Championship on Monday, Jan 13 I'm super glad we moved our flights up a few hours so now we have time to land and make it to the Superdome for kickoff BUT I cannot find a male LSU running singlet (size small) to race in. Does anyone have any Etsy suggestions for someone who can make me something like this?

s-l640.jpg

Rawthreads does custom designs I believe? Not the only option and not sure how they would respond to an inquiry involving a sports team but there the first ones I could think of that have a tank/singlet

I’ve been thinking about ROTR again after going through the file from DopeyBadger. And the more I think about it the more I’m thinking the only real viable option is to buck over the cash for a Lyft/Uber. Here’s why the free bus is probably not a good one. Even if you get on the first Boardwalk or whatever bus your probably looking at a good 5-10 minutes to get to the hotel. And from there it’s still a 10-15 minute walk to DHS. So 15-20 minute for free option. Uber/Lyft you have to walk over to the pickup area but that’s what maybe at most a 5 minute walk? And then a 10 minute car ride. It just seems like the Uber/Lyft option is much faster as long as you make sure to call for a ride as soon as you start walking to the pickup.

I’ve been thinking about ROTR again after going through the file from DopeyBadger. And the more I think about it the more I’m thinking the only real viable option is to buck over the cash for a Lyft/Uber. Here’s why the free bus is probably not a good one. Even if you get on the first Boardwalk or whatever bus your probably looking at a good 5-10 minutes to get to the hotel. And from there it’s still a 10-15 minute walk to DHS. So 15-20 minute for free option. Uber/Lyft you have to walk over to the pickup area but that’s what maybe at most a 5 minute walk? And then a 10 minute car ride. It just seems like the Uber/Lyft option is much faster as long as you make sure to call for a ride as soon as you start walking to the pickup.

That’s my plan. I don’t like my chances of pulling it off, but like Han said, “Never tell me the odds.”

RACE - Full
NAME - Nicole
DIS'er name - princessbride6205
Costume/Clothing - Boo (Monsters Inc.)
Corral - E
Pre-Race Meet-up? - Maybe
Early Bird or Late Arriver - Late
Front, Middle, or Back of corral - Front
Expected Pace - 13:00

Hoping to see Mike and Sully!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter