Malware on this site?

It's an ad. Usually the ones I see are "scan now!". If you're on a desktop, use an ad blocker.

I usually go a couple of months with no issue, then everything I try to read a page, I get the pop ups for about a week, then they go away.
I haven't had an issue this week.

I was getting it constantly. I'm getting it less often, but still pretty regularly.

Im not getting any of these
Ad blockers work on desktop versions. I get the popups when I'm using my phone or tablet. I'll have about 5-7 days where it's all but impossible to read, then everything will be fine for a couple of months.

I haven't seen any pop ups on mobile in a while but does this site load SUPER slow for anyone else on mobile? I have an Android and I use Chrome. No other site loads as slow as this one does. I think it may be due to the amount of ads.

Is there a reason why people don't install ad blockers on their computers/devices? I use them and never have these.

I haven't seen any pop ups on mobile in a while but does this site load SUPER slow for anyone else on mobile? I have an Android and I use Chrome. No other site loads as slow as this one does. I think it may be due to the amount of ads.
Try Firefox and add Adblocker+ for your mobile. I installed Firefox and use it only for the dis, Chrome for everything else. No ads, loads fast. When I used Chrome for the dis on mobile it was not usable.

I got one of those scammy warnings about being infected with viruses, not just the pop-up but also an actual ominous voice telling me about it. I had to go to Task Manager to shut down Chrome to clear it.

Try Firefox and add Adblocker+ for your mobile. I installed Firefox and use it only for the dis, Chrome for everything else. No ads, loads fast. When I used Chrome for the dis on mobile it was not usable.

I learned of this courtesy of @Imzadi

Exactly! I have used Firefox with AdBlock Plus and a different adblocker on my Android phone: uBlock Origin, on both my laptop and on my phone, respectively.

I NEVER get pop ups, malware warnings, see weird ads, etc., in all these years here.

I DO see one of these threads here on the DIS about twice a month. TWICE A MONTH. E.V.E.R.Y Month. :sad2:

Get with the program, people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter