Making WDW Special for a 6 year old

Take her to the water feature behind Imagination in Epcot and let her play as long as she likes. (You may want to bring a change of clothes).

Does she like Princesses? If so, which ones? If you want to let me know when you’ll be there I can see what I can do with my Princess friends ☺️
I second this. Mags was so great at helping to make our visit to the princesses extra magical and we can’t thank her enough for it

I didn't know about pick a pearl and will keep that in mind for our kiddo lol.
One thing to make princess and human character experiences extra fun besides getting autographs is to encourage her to ask the characters questions. My daughter asked Merida to show her how to shoot a bow and arrow, she asked Cinderella what she does to keep from losing her shoes now, and she had a really long discussion with princess Tiana about beignets. My sister several years back had her daughter see Flynn Rider and asked what was in his satchel. He pulled her aside and opened the satchel and only showed her what was in it and not any of the other kids in line who didn't ask about it. Rapunzel's tiara was in a satchel. Little special moments like that make the experience and the interaction with the characters super memorable.

Lots of great ideas and I have one more to add and that is leave room for her to be spontaneous and follow what catches her eyes. Some of my favorite memories of my kids from that age (they are now 19,17, and 15) were the things that were not planned that just happened. My all time favorite video is of my then 3 year old just dancing in the hub eating popcorn by the handful.

Lots of great ideas and I have one more to add and that is leave room for her to be spontaneous and follow what catches her eyes. Some of my favorite memories of my kids from that age (they are now 19,17, and 15) were the things that were not planned that just happened. My all time favorite video is of my then 3 year old just dancing in the hub eating popcorn by the handful.
You're so right- I remember the first time we went with my daughter age 6 at the time and her and my wife just dancing in the rain at Epcot. I'll never forget that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter