Making FP+ with AP, but AP expires?

stitch34

DIS Veteran
We arrive July 1st - 8th. But, my AP will expire July 3rd (will renew when there) But... does this affect me making FP+ picks? Meaning... will I only be able to make them for July 1, 2 and 3 and not rest of trip as will show my AP only good till the 3rd, and am out of luck making FP+ in advance for the rest of my trip?

We arrive July 1st - 8th. But, my AP will expire July 3rd (will renew when there) But... does this affect me making FP+ picks? Meaning... will I only be able to make them for July 1, 2 and 3 and not rest of trip as will show my AP only good till the 3rd, and am out of luck making FP+ in advance for the rest of my trip?

You can now renew your AP up to 60 days before it expires.
You must renew the AP in order to make FP+ after the expiration date.

Thanks, Robo.... so can renew before.. but we're out of state... don't I have to activate a voucher when arrive for it to be effectively activated? or can just renew online/over phone (always did in person before)... and be ok doing such at 60 days? thanks!

Thanks, Robo.... so can renew before.. but we're out of state... don't I have to activate a voucher when arrive for it to be effectively activated? or

can just renew online/over phone... and be ok doing such at 60 days? thanks!

Yes.

I just went through this. Yes you are correct. You can only make selections until your pass expires. I called and renewed my AP over the phone. I then linked my will call number to my DME account and could make the additional FP selections. When I arrive later this month I do still have to go to guest relations and get my new AP. This will affect how people purchase their APs in the future esp when it comes to those who want to upgrade a ticket to an AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter