Make a Wish (and other organizations) - Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume SIX!

Looking forward to knowing more about upcoming and/or current wish trips. Can you stay at Disney the entire time as my sons wish is to meet Mickey and he wants to go to Disney. The other parks do not interest him. Has anyone gotten to do Disney the entire trip?

Looking forward to knowing more about upcoming and/or current wish trips. Can you stay at Disney the entire time as my sons wish is to meet Mickey and he wants to go to Disney. The other parks do not interest him. Has anyone gotten to do Disney the entire trip?
You will get 3 days at Disney, 2 at universal, and 1 at sea world. We wanted to do all Disney but they wouldn't let us. The 3 days at Disney ended up being plenty though; with front of line access to all characters and attractions (plus it's park hopper) you can do everything in just the 3 days. They also offer free tickets to legoland and various other attractions once you get there, and there is a lot to do at the village itself.

You will get 3 days at Disney, 2 at universal, and 1 at sea world. We wanted to do all Disney but they wouldn't let us. The 3 days at Disney ended up being plenty though; with front of line access to all characters and attractions (plus it's park hopper) you can do everything in just the 3 days. They also offer free tickets to legoland and various other attractions once you get there, and there is a lot to do at the village itself.

What MAW chapter said you couldnt? Just curious? It seems the chapters operate very differently at least in my experience.

What MAW chapter said you couldnt? Just curious? It seems the chapters operate very differently at least in my experience.

We were told that we could do whatever we wanted. HOWEVER (big HOWEVER), we'd only get a three-day ticket for WDW, so any additional days were out of our own pocket (and the ticket is not upgrade-able so the cost would be quite high for new tickets). My understanding is that all MAW chapters get the same sets of tickets, so that rule is probably pretty standard.

image.jpeg Does anyone know if (Magic Mickey) as my son calls him even exists still? This is the Mickey Character from Fantasia? This is who my son wants to meet on his WISH TRIP. Thanks for your help. I am sure I will have a million questions as his trip gets closer. (This is a picture of him I got off the internet- NOT my kid) ⭐⭐⭐⭐

View attachment 177280 Does anyone know if (Magic Mickey) as my son calls him even exists still? This is the Mickey Character from Fantasia? This is who my son wants to meet on his WISH TRIP. Thanks for your help. I am sure I will have a million questions as his trip gets closer. (This is a picture of him I got off the internet- NOT my kid) ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sorcerer Mickey can be found at Hollywood Studios at Red Carpet Dreams on Commissary Lane, across from ABC Commissary. Check out Kenny the Pirate's website for great info on characters, crowds, and park info. Happy Planning!

I made an account just to say that this forum has been so helpful. My name is Katie, and I have a 7 year old son named Adonis who has been granted a wish last month. My son was born with a chromosome disorder, which resulted in heart defects, developmental delays, and a bunch of other stuff. He is autistic and non verbal, but he loves bright lights and any kind of movement so I picked his wish for him to go to WDW!

I've met with his wish granters once, and already have our dates. We are going November 8th-14th!! They also told me we get tickets for 3 days of Disney, 1 day Universal, and 1 day Sea world. I am absolutely excited for the trip! My son doesn't talk so he won't understand everything until we get there, but I'm sure he is going to love it.

I have a few of questions if anybody is still around.

1. Has any other single moms gone on the trip by themselves with their kid/s? -For our trip it will be just me and my son. I'm pretty used to doing outings with him, like the zoo or children's museum. I am a little nervous being in an unfamiliar state just me and him though.

2. Do they have disabled bathrooms at the parks? -My son is still in diapers and also his a fascination with doors, so changing him in the stalls can get tricky. He likes to open and close the doors, and you can see how that could become embarrassing. I much prefer the single room bathrooms.

3. From GKTW did anybody use the shuttles and buses for transportation, and what was that like? -I don't drive, and planned on their hopefully being a bus/shuttle/uber or something.

4. Did anybody ship medical equipment to GKTW before flying? Did you have to pay for it or does MAW? How many days beforehand did you ship it? -My son is g-tube feed, so I was thinking of shipping his formula, feeding bags, and diapers down there beforehand to save room in luggage.

Thanks in advance!

I made an account just to say that this forum has been so helpful. My name is Katie, and I have a 7 year old son named Adonis who has been granted a wish last month. My son was born with a chromosome disorder, which resulted in heart defects, developmental delays, and a bunch of other stuff. He is autistic and non verbal, but he loves bright lights and any kind of movement so I picked his wish for him to go to WDW!

I've met with his wish granters once, and already have our dates. We are going November 8th-14th!! They also told me we get tickets for 3 days of Disney, 1 day Universal, and 1 day Sea world. I am absolutely excited for the trip! My son doesn't talk so he won't understand everything until we get there, but I'm sure he is going to love it.

1. Has any other single moms gone on the trip by themselves with their kid/s? -For our trip it will be just me and my son. I'm pretty used to doing outings with him, like the zoo or children's museum. I am a little nervous being in an unfamiliar state just me and him though.

2. Do they have disabled bathrooms at the parks? -My son is still in diapers and also his a fascination with doors, so changing him in the stalls can get tricky. He likes to open and close the doors, and you can see how that could become embarrassing. I much prefer the single room bathrooms.

3. From GKTW did anybody use the shuttles and buses for transportation, and what was that like? -I don't drive, and planned on their hopefully being a bus/shuttle/uber or something.

4. Did anybody ship medical equipment to GKTW before flying? Did you have to pay for it or does MAW? How many days beforehand did you ship it? -My son is g-tube feed, so I was thinking of shipping his formula, feeding bags, and diapers down there beforehand to save room in luggage.

Thanks in advance![/QUO. I'm a single mom with an only child, and my chapter let me bring one person as a helper for me and another child to be a playmate, so my sister and niece came along. I tried to ship supplies but they ended up not getting there in time so I had to bring it anyway, so ship as far in advance as you can. You get 2 days universal (we only used one,) plus the Disney and sea world, and there are others like Leyland available once you get there. You can call gktw to ask about the shuttle. Staff is very friendly and happy to help

redberyl my wish granters told me that the chapter could cover another adult and child on the trip, but I don't really have anybody that I would want to go with. And did maw pay for your shipping? I looked up estimated shipping costs for where i live, and how heavy everything would be, and it would come out to around $100 for ground shipping. That's kind of a lot of money for me, so I might just pack it with me. I don't own a luggage set and have to buy one anyways for the trip so I might just buy one of the bigger sets just in case.

No, maw didn't cover shipping. I have heard of some people requesting their supply companies to deliver directly to the village, but mine is so unreliable I didn't dare. Also, if you have amazon prime it might be cheaper just to buy extra supplies on amazon and have them ship it to the village. I took our wish trip with th he my sister and niece, then 2 years later did a trip just my daughter and I. I enjoyed the trip with my sister and it was nice to have help in the airport, but I enjoyed it more just the two of us :),

Hi, I hope you all don't mind me popping in, I saw this thread under 'New Posts' and didn't realise it was here. I am a Wish Visitor for Make a wish UK so this thread immediately caught my eye. It's so lovely to see the trips come together. This is a cause I am passionate about. MAW UK unfortunately doesn't send children to Give kids the world anymore as they utilise Paris for many reasons but I still love these organisations all over the world.
Parents and Guardians...you guys are superstars too never forget that.
Kiddos....you are all superheroes in my eyes

Hello!
My son just received his MAW approval that he qualifies. We have not yet heard about when we will meet with a wish granter or the rest of the process. I'm hoping it won't be too late to get a fall time. He has been in the hospital the last few years Jan, feb, March and April. We did go to disney first week of June, my oldest son has been begging for years and unfortunately due to Ethan's (wish child) health, we were not able to do any trips of any kind until June of this year. It was a short trip and we were all exhausted and sore and it was so hot we had to take lots of breaks and could not do nearly everything we hoped. Ethan loved every second of the characters and rides he could do. Never saw him so happy. That is why I know even though he is basically non verbal that disney would be his wish. Those of you that have went, if you extended your trip on your own expense, were you glad you did? I just don't waneed us to feel rushed and want the kids to be able to experience all they can in the village-gktw and still do the parks. I feel like a couple extra days would help balance out how busy we will be. Even if we don't have the genie pass or anything special from maw once we are out of gktw. Even a beach day or check out the space center or Legoland or something and then end the trip with a couple days back at wdw. Any advice or tips on this? What is suggested or not recommended? How expensive was it? Any must dos while we are on the actual wish trip?? Things you would do different or the same?

Hello!
My son just received his MAW approval that he qualifies. We have not yet heard about when we will meet with a wish granter or the rest of the process. I'm hoping it won't be too late to get a fall time. He has been in the hospital the last few years Jan, feb, March and April. We did go to disney first week of June, my oldest son has been begging for years and unfortunately due to Ethan's (wish child) health, we were not able to do any trips of any kind until June of this year. It was a short trip and we were all exhausted and sore and it was so hot we had to take lots of breaks and could not do nearly everything we hoped. Ethan loved every second of the characters and rides he could do. Never saw him so happy. That is why I know even though he is basically non verbal that disney would be his wish. Those of you that have went, if you extended your trip on your own expense, were you glad you did? I just don't waneed us to feel rushed and want the kids to be able to experience all they can in the village-gktw and still do the parks. I feel like a couple extra days would help balance out how busy we will be. Even if we don't have the genie pass or anything special from maw once we are out of gktw. Even a beach day or check out the space center or Legoland or something and then end the trip with a couple days back at wdw. Any advice or tips on this? What is suggested or not recommended? How expensive was it? Any must dos while we are on the actual wish trip?? Things you would do different or the same?
my daughter was only able to manage 4 to 6 hours a day in the parks, and only having 3 days I worried it wouldn't be enough. But you get so much done with that genie pass! 3 short days ended up being plenty. We only did 1 half day at universal and skipped sea world and legoland. My daughter was so worn out by it all, even with doing rest days, she couldn't have handled another week. It might not sound like we did very much, but we were able to fit everything in that we wanted to do. Depending how easilyyour son tires, you might want to stretch it out longer so you can do more at a slower pace, but if you decide to do only the week, you will still have a great time.

I'm so excited, my boy has been granted a wish trip to disneyworld by starlight! (We're from the uk) we haven't picked our dates yet but due to exams and tests for both his sisters we are looking at oct - jan 2017. I can't decide whether he'd enjoy Halloween or Christmas more!
We are extremely lucky to be staying at gktw. A few people have asked if I'm planning on extending the trip at my expense, it wasn't something I initially considered but the more I think about it, the more I worry we won't manage to see everything he would want to see! None of us are big thrill riders, more sensory stuff, parades, shows and characters etc. We are avoiding the school holidays and hopefully the busiest times (if we go in dec it won't actually be over christmas itself! ) There is me, my husband, our son (wish kid) who is a full time wc user, our daughters who will be 16 and 10, and our baby who will be 2 by then. It's very unlikely we will get to come back sadly, so I'd like it to be everything to them! I've seen people on here say three days is plenty, is that true? We've done disneyland paris before which I know is much smaller and three days was enough - just! I don't mind paying to stay on an extra 2-3 days, just want to know if it's worth the hassle of sorting out transport, another hotel, extra disney tickets etc? Plus I feel incredibly rude asking the charity if they would mind, even though I know it shouldn't cost them any more!
He will enjoy universal too I think, like many boys (and girls <<superhero loving mum ) he loves marvel and his sisters adore harry potter! I'm not sure about sea world though, he does like watching fish but I have to admit I'm a bit uncomfortable about it. I'm tempted to use that day as a gktw rest and exploration day? Will I regret it?
Grateful for any help and suggestions!

So our son was qualified for make a wish last week. We're waiting to be assigned volunteers then we will have the meeting on what he would like to wish for. Our son is non verbal he's almost 3 years old & his language/speech is of an 15 month old on the scales. He doesn't use sentences, two words at a time or anything like that. He's epileptic, autistic & also had a pernatal stroke (while in the womb) that's caused a lot of his issues that will not be able to repair. His right side is super weak he does 90% of his tasks with his left side.

But to jump to why I posted in the forum. How do the make a wish teams work with granting wishes to those who are unable to fully express what they'd wish for if able to talk? And how long from the time they come to the home will it take normally to grant the wish?

The things he likes are (Disney cars, minions, hot wheels, warm water, watching kids play on YouTube kids on his tablet, ninja turtles, swimming, riding carnival rides & watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse).

So our son was qualified for make a wish last week. We're waiting to be assigned volunteers then we will have the meeting on what he would like to wish for. Our son is non verbal he's almost 3 years old & his language/speech is of an 15 month old on the scales. He doesn't use sentences, two words at a time or anything like that. He's epileptic, autistic & also had a pernatal stroke (while in the womb) that's caused a lot of his issues that will not be able to repair. His right side is super weak he does 90% of his tasks with his left side.

But to jump to why I posted in the forum. How do the make a wish teams work with granting wishes to those who are unable to fully express what they'd wish for if able to talk? And how long from the time they come to the home will it take normally to grant the wish?

The things he likes are (Disney cars, minions, hot wheels, warm water, watching kids play on YouTube kids on his tablet, ninja turtles, swimming, riding carnival rides & watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse).

The things he likes are (Disney cars, minions, hot wheels, warm water, watching kids play on YouTube kids on his tablet, ninja turtles, swimming, riding carnival rides & watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse).[/QUOTE. They will take your word on what he likes. If he's into ninja turtles, you mightwant to ask if you can stay at Nickelodeon studies for at least part of the trip; they have a character meal with the turtles but you have to stay on-site to attend

Thanks in advance!
Hi Katie!
1. Since your son doesn't have any siblings, he's allowed to bring a friend, cousin, favorite aunt, grandma, etc.! If you decide you'd like someone else to join you, let your chapter know as soon as possible because you'll need to get some paperwork filled out beforehand and they'll need to make arrangements with GKTW.

2. All the restrooms we used had a drop down/diaper changing area that I used for my girls. Magic Kingdom and Epcot also have special lounges for Make a Wish families to have a little break from the heat and crowds. The packet you receive at orientation will tell you where to find them.

3. We drove, but they do have a shuttle that runs from GKTW to the parks. They also make a trip to Walmart if you need to stock up on any items for your villa. The shuttles have set schedules so if you find you'd like to arrive earlier, return early or stay later you'll need to make other arrangements. Many families have used Uber with no problems and it's a great option.

4. Our chapter made arrangements for our girls medical supplies to be delivered to the villa. We had their enteral formula (compleat pediatric), iv poles, food bags, diapers, syringes, a shower seat, and a tomato chair (for alternate seating) waiting in the villa when we arrived! They used a medical supply company in Orlando. We did bring a medical bag on the plane. No charge for medical supplies as long as there's only medical stuff inside. Our medical bag had their meds, a few syringes, 4 boxes of compleat pediatric, a few diapers, chux bed pads, wipes, and a canister of duocal. No problems whatsoever.

Be sure to call TSA cares about 3 days ahead of time. They'll meet you at the airport and make everything a breeze! Let them know you have a child going on a Wish trip to Disney. They'll ask a bunch of questions about your son's needs and will assist you however you need.

A few of us from here are also in a group on FB called Make a Wish Disney Trips. Check us out if you get a chance.
Happy Planning!!

One more thing-looking at your dates, are you planning to attend MVMCP? Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party falls on a few nights during your son's trip. I don't know if your chapter will provide any enhancements, but if so, you may be able to ask them for tickets (or just order them yourself). Also be sure to check the party dates anyway because they close Magic Kingdom to non-(party)ticket holders at 7pm.

Hi!
Some wish granters or organizations want the child to be able to tell them, some will simply ask the parent(s) what they feel would be the child's one true wish. Both my girls are non-verbal. For our first meeting with the wish granters, I made picture cards to help my oldest "tell" them what she liked. I put velcro stickers on the backs and stuck them to a felt covered board. I had pictures of her favorite princesses, rides, and Christmas decorations (we went a couple weeks before Christmas so she could see all the decorations and attend the Christmas party).
I also ordered a planning dvd from Disney and had that playing when they arrived-my daughter was so excited watching it for the first time!
We met with them in June and I gave them the dates we wanted (they asked for 3 dates). 3 weeks later we were approved and booked at the resort for our first choice of dates. Unless it's a rush wish, most people wait anywhere from 2-6 months or even longer depending on their child's health, travel restrictions, etc.
For my youngest daughter, we actually (finally) got a call just yesterday from the volunteer that is granting her wish. He asked me over the phone what I think her wish would be. I told him Disney and he said ok, cool. :thumbsup2 Happy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter