Make a Wish (and other organizations) ~ Wish Trippers UNITE! Volume FIVE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone ever participated in Kids’ Night Out/Grown-ups’ Night Off from 5:45 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Amberville Train Station at GTKW? I will have a 4 yr old and a 5 yr old when we go. Does anyone know the age requirements? Thanks!

I just started Mackenzie's PTR but I can't figure out how to link it. Anyone have any advice to offer? TIA

Shawna :)

Has anyone ever participated in Kids’ Night Out/Grown-ups’ Night Off from 5:45 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Amberville Train Station at GTKW? I will have a 4 yr old and a 5 yr old when we go. Does anyone know the age requirements? Thanks!

Age requirements - 3-17, toilet trained or have someone to help them.

They won't spend the whole night in Amberville. They will be there until about 6:45-7ish then they will head to dinner at the Gingerbread House. Then about 7:30-7:45ish they will go to Village Idol and parents will need to pick them up at the Theatre by 9.

We have dates!!!!

Please join us in Mitchell's trip report and help me make this a great trip for him!! :goodvibes

I have a pretty big camera and have just one memory card. I have never actually used more than the one memory card before- then again we haven't had a "real" vacation anywhere I am thinking I might need a 2nd memory card.
I read a little about the photo pass which seems awesome...

I wanted to get a little in put from all of you planning and those who have experience- what do you do? How many pictures do you take outside the photo pass pics? Or is it really enough for the Disney days? Lugging the big camera around seems like a pain-but not having enough pictures for the memories is not an option of course!

Thanks in advance for your input!
Blessings,
Sarah
PRINCESS Angelinas PT Report
[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/URL]

I just started Sarah's MAW PTR, but I have to figure out how to link it in my signature...then I need to figure out to post pictures. I did see the instructions on the first page of this thread, I just need to get back there and do some reading!

Kylee

I have a pretty big camera and have just one memory card. I have never actually used more than the one memory card before- then again we haven't had a "real" vacation anywhere I am thinking I might need a 2nd memory card.

I wanted to get a little in put from all of you planning and those who have experience- what do you do? How many pictures do you take outside the photo pass pics? Or is it really enough for the Disney days? Lugging the big camera around seems like a pain-but not having enough pictures for the memories is not an option of course!

Blessings,
Sarah

I was reading somewhere on the GKTW site and I think it said they have a place you can go and download your pictures and they will put them on a disc for you...so you could do that instead of buying a new memory card. :goodvibes

Dear Sarah, NO WORRIES about the camera! You may borrow one at GKTW if you want to (it was quite small) and take both videos and stills with it (I am pretty sure it has the picture capability, Pete is asleep or I would ask him). We borrowed one for Rachel's HOB performance,even though we had our camera and video camera, didn't want to miss anything! Just turn it in at GKTW and as was mentioned they will make you CD's of everything! You will also get candid photos of activities at GKTW if there is a photographer near to take pics ie: Santa and the characters. PLUS each and every Wish child gets a Photopass CD for FREE (Maroo helped work that deal out, from what I was told. Maroo, I MISS YOU)!

How many pics did I take...well let's just say I am a bit fanatical...We have the GKTW CD's they made, plus the ones of ours they downloaded...never counted all of those. We have over 3,000 from our main personal camera and several hundred more on the back up camera and my Photpass CD (which I JUST ordered :rolleyes1, due to all of the problems when we returned home) will contain over 1000 pictures. That doesn't count our pics from CRT, Pirate's League, and don't get me started on the Discovery Cove pics....

I hope that answers your question! :flower3: Feel free to ask me any more, we had the BEST trip and it is due in part to all I learned right here on the DIS. :disrocks:

Blessings,
Sarah
PRINCESS Angelinas PT Report
[url=http://www.myvacationcountdown.com/][/URL]

I'm in the same boat! Just got a dslr for Christmas, :woohoo: but a little nerves taking it. but whats the point of having one if you dont use it right?!

I want to thank everyone for the great info here. I have a question in regards to front of line access at Disney/Universal. We are staying at Give Kids next week and plan on going to four different parks during this time. Unfortunately, our two-year-old will need a nap each afternoon which will cut our time at the parks down considerably. Our Wish child (five-year-old daughter) will get to do anything she wants... it's her trip. But I can see my wife and I wanting to ride maybe one big rollercoaster at Islands and Universal. I see they have a babyswap deal where you can take turns riding (one adult rides while the other holds the kids and then the next adult rides while holding the kids). I'm just curious if it's bad etiquette to go to the front of the line with a Wish child and then only the adults ride. I really want to play by the rules!

Of course, we may be doing this anyway a few times with my five-year-old riding with parent while the other is holding our two-year-old. I won't feel weird about that since our Wish daughter is actually riding.

This is a really small thing... just curious if anyone else has dealt with it.

Maroo....look what you have accomplished! Wow!
Y'all have been busy! We are finally getting ready for our mulligan trip. Ready to do more than half a day at MK and look at where you all are. Five volumes of Wish trippers. I guess I should have expected it. My oldest is in college, my baby girl is driving, and my wish child - my "little" 7 year old is now taller than me and has a deep voice, so time does march on. I can't wait to sit here and catch up. Great job Maroo. Thanks for taking care of everyone. ~Elisa

I want to thank everyone for the great info here. I have a question in regards to front of line access at Disney/Universal. We are staying at Give Kids next week and plan on going to four different parks during this time. Unfortunately, our two-year-old will need a nap each afternoon which will cut our time at the parks down considerably. Our Wish child (five-year-old daughter) will get to do anything she wants... it's her trip. But I can see my wife and I wanting to ride maybe one big rollercoaster at Islands and Universal. I see they have a babyswap deal where you can take turns riding (one adult rides while the other holds the kids and then the next adult rides while holding the kids). I'm just curious if it's bad etiquette to go to the front of the line with a Wish child and then only the adults ride. I really want to play by the rules!

Of course, we may be doing this anyway a few times with my five-year-old riding with parent while the other is holding our two-year-old. I won't feel weird about that since our Wish daughter is actually riding.

Sorry but the GAC is for the person with the disability. If the person with the disability is not going to do the attraction others are not supposed to take advantage.

And, in your situation, if your five year old does not meet the attraction's height requirement you will not be qualified to use the GAC for that attraction.

This question was asked in our orientation at GKTW (in November) and we were told that the idea behind the button and GAC for wish kids was so that time was not wasted waiting in any lines, regardless of whether the wish kid was riding or not.

My two oldest wanted to ride Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios and my wish kid did not. They took her button and the GAC and had no questions asked. Same thing with Rip Ride Rocket...my husband and oldest son rode it multiple times and my daughter wasn't tall enough. (We never made it to IoA but I feel it would be the same over there.)

We did the same thing multiple times at Disney for rides that she was either not tall enough or wasn't interested in riding....Rock n Roller Coaster and Kali River Rapids are the first two that come to mind.

We never had any employee at any park bat an eye at this or make us feel like we were taking advantage or doing something that was not allowed.

I shared this conversation one other time on here but there was a point during our trip where my 14 year old son said he felt bad about going to the front of the line while others were waiting. I then reminded him of the 9 (so far) times that he got up (by his own choice) at 4:30 a.m. so he could accompany his little sister to the hospital for her surgery because he "makes her feel safe." I also reminded him of the hours that he napped in the hospital waiting room on a hard plastic couch just so he could be there when she woke up.

Your stay at GKTW is not only for your daughter but it is for your entire family. GKTW understands this and goes above and beyond to make sure that everyones needs are met...not just the wish child.

Don't feel bad about using her button or the GAC to ride anything. I would be shocked if a CM or any employee will tell you can't use it to expedite your time.

And as far as napping, my kids are older but I would definitely consider getting the free strollers that are provided at the parks and see if your 2 yr old might nap while riding. I would definitely try it.

Hope you have a magical trip!!!

I was wondering the same thing! I can see it going both ways, not being able to since the wish kid is not riding, or since the wish kid would be waiting they would want you to go and come off sooner? :o\

Wanting to see what others say too.

This is a really small thing... just curious if anyone else has dealt with it

So excited. We got an email from wish coordinator this morning with our dates. Our 8 year old, Mackenzie's wish trip will be April 15-24. We are so excited for her. It has been such a rough year and this gives us something to look forward to. I will be back in soon to give more details but let the planning begin!

Shawna princess:

oh fun, We just got our dates too! april 19-27. Maybe we'll bump into each other. :cool1::yay:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter