major first world problem (I am kind of embarrassed)

karasmom

Mouseketeer
So we are leaving September 3rd for a 6 night stay at the Tower Club at the Contemporary...Our absolute favorite resort and Clublevel...

And I CANT get into the Disney "mood". We always go that time of year and I am (unreasonably) worried about much higher than usually crowds... We never did room only so I am worried about paying out of pocket for TS (sticker shock - with the DP it was out of sight out of mind)...All the talks about less than stellar cast members and cut backs at the resorts and Clublevel as well as the park...
I usually go in the boards several times a day months before we go... Can't even manage that...
What is wrong with me? I feel like a little kid complaining about having received a whole cake instead of just a slice...

I just need some DIS support telling me it won't be Christmas crowd crowded and to get myself into check...

Sounds like a great trip! Seems to be the general consensus is that crowds are down, and probably won't be on the upswing until at least later in September.
Regarding OOP for dining, you'll order only want you want, which might include some sharing among the kids. You may find you'll spend less on food without the dining plan--it works for some folks, never for us. I think you'll get in the mood, just wait till you get there. :earsboy:

We are out of pocket right now at the Poly and we love it. Have a drink. It works great! :thumbsup2
We are having so much fun here we haven't made it to the parks yet. :hyper:
Everyone has been super nice and we stopped at the Contemporary last night. :)

If it helps any, I always read the boards before my trips. There always are all those same posts major crowds, bad customer service, cutbacks. But never once do we not have a great time. I still fall into the trap every trip though.

Also hubby and I went without the dining plan for our first time last trip. We do prefer to have it, but price wise it turned out to be about the same either way.

We just got back from a 9 night stay and had one of our best trips yet! WDW is still the awesome place you think it is.

This was our first trip paying OOP, and didn't mind it one bit (but I did budget well for food). Crowds were moderate and weather was great. The parks were in great shape.

Enjoy!

Dan

thanks everyone... 5 more days and we will be there... hoping for the best. I appreciate everyone's encouragement :)

I have always had the free QS dining on our trips so we paid OOP for all TS. To make sure I budgeted enough I would go online and look at the menus and put together a sample order for us, just to get an average of what that meal would cost so we didn't have that "sticker shock" you talked about. And budget high. Add in everything you might want....specialty drinks...apps...desserts....even if you don't get them you are prepared if you decide to.

Most cast members are super nice, the crowds won't be nearly as bad as you fear....and you are going to be in DISNEY!!! Get hyped!!! hahaha

If you actually crunch the numbers, depending on how much you eat, you may do better OOP than on a dining plan. Also, some of the child's portions are large enough for an adult. CHeck into that.
I just returned about a month or so ago, and had NO negative experience with cast members and the place was gorgeous, so I wouldn't worry. Get excited and enjoy your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter