• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

major accident on World Drive

Everyone else is probably seeing it this morning, but it appears that crash was very tragic. A family on their first trip to WDW together. Both parents were killed, and their daughters (8, 13) were injured. Apparently a vehicle in the oncoming lane came over the center line and they swerved to miss and hit the sign? The article said a "tree", but it sounds like a sign was involved from what's posted here.

Anyway, tragic. Prayers for the girls and the rest of their family and friends.

This I-4 crash was separate from the one that closed World Drive.

When everything was still shut down several hours later, I was afraid it was fatal. Prayers for those girls and the family.

Just to clarify the above, the tragic accident noted above that killed the parents and injured the daughters was on I-4 well northeast of Disney (it was between Orlando and Daytona Beach). Disney gets mentioned on that because they had visited and I believe they were on their way to the beach for the day.

The World Drive accident apparently hospitalized one person with non-life threatening injuries.

Just to clarify the above, the tragic accident noted above that killed the parents and injured the daughters was on I-4 well northeast of Disney (it was between Orlando and Daytona Beach). Disney gets mentioned on that because they had visited and I believe they were on their way to the beach for the day.

The World Drive accident apparently hospitalized one person with non-life threatening injuries.

Thanks for the clarification. Very sad for those two girls to lose their parents after their trip.

Thanks for straightening it out. I got confused reading through the thread.

Okay thanks for clarifying. I couldn't find anything about any deaths regarding the world drive accident so now this makes sense.

I swear I-4 is the WORST!! One day I watched a car (I was on the other side of the road) missed its exit by a quarter of a mile. They put it in reverse and proceeded to back up the interstate. Now I'm not sure what the top speed of reverse is but they were doing it. It was also slightly up hill!!! I just held my breath. Someone could have come over that rise doing 90. I just don't understand the stupidity.

Oops! Sorry! I shouldn't have been so hasty. I saw this thread in passing yesterday/last night some time, and then woke up this morning and saw the story about the fatal crash on Yahoo and wrongly assumed the two were one and the same.
Glad no one was hurt on World Drive. Terribly sad about the tragedy on I-4 though. Those poor girls.
Sorry about the wrong info, everyone!

Feeling terrible for that one family but glad to hear the world drive accident wasn't as terrible as we thought. The earlier accident was about as bad as the one that I believed happened earlier this year or last when a large family of I think 6 all died heading on their way there :(
Is the sign back up just out of curiosity?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter