Majesty of the Seas - input?

northshoremama

DIS Veteran
Looking at a 4-night Bahama cruise. Next April...dates work out perfect. It'll be on Majesty of the Seas (Vision Class). I see that the DreamWorks Experience is included.

I also see that capacity of the ship is only about 2,000 compared to the larger ships (like in the Oasis Class).

This is our first cruise, so I think a smaller ship might be better. Any feedback/input regarding Majesty of the Seas?

The Majesty of the Seas is not a Vision Class ship. MotS is a much, much older ship.

Looking at a 4-night Bahama cruise. Next April...dates work out perfect. It'll be on Majesty of the Seas (Vision Class). I see that the DreamWorks Experience is included.

I also see that capacity of the ship is only about 2,000 compared to the larger ships (like in the Oasis Class).

This is our first cruise, so I think a smaller ship might be better. Any feedback/input regarding Majesty of the Seas?
I know nothing personally about the ship. I seen the great price and done some research. It's suppose to be going thru refurbishment. The way I understand only the freedom class has the DreamWorks characters. Freedom of the seas, liberty and independence. Which I cannot get any of the dates i was looking for to workout in our timeframe. Will follow interested myself.

I know nothing personally about the ship. I seen the great price and done some research. It's suppose to be going thru refurbishment. The way I understand only the freedom class has the DreamWorks characters. Freedom of the seas, liberty and independence. Which I cannot get any of the dates i was looking for to workout in our timeframe. Will follow interested myself.

I received a brochure from RCI today with all of their sailings for this year and up to April of next year. This particular 4-night cruise indicated 'DreamsWorks Experience' above the sail dates. The other cruises on that page didn't have that. So that was nice surprise. Maybe they are doing that to entice families. My one fear of going on a non-Disney cruise is that there will not be enough entertainment on the ship.

Also, I thought oasis and allure had the DreamsWorks Experience as well...

I sailed her many, many years ago and was not impressed. Of course I did share an ocean view cabin with 2 other people and it was tiny so that was also a contributor. I hear she has had a make-over in recent years so maybe the cosmetic stuff is nicer but the ship itself was small and old and unimpressive imo. I wouldn't sail her again.

OP some not so stellar reviews out there, check out cruise critic. Professional ship reviews, deck plans and guest cabin reviews & comments in the forums.

April = possible spring breakers on a shorter cruise. Look for trip reports the same time frame from this year to get a feel for what demographic the fellow guests were.

I expect an older ship to not have all the bells & whistles. Didn't know it had the dream works on the 4 day ones.

For us, it would fall under the category of a cheap/quick add-on to Orlando vacation...just a way to get some beach time. I would expect the food to be up to RCCL's standards.

it's likely at least half the price of a disney 3 day sailing the same time period

you need to evaluate whether you are most interested in before deciding.

A friend and I sailed her about 5 years ago and thoroughly enjoyed ..
I've 24 cruises under my belt including Oasis OTS and thought she was great!
Just my 2 cents

I took my first cruise on that ship. That was back in 96. It was old then.

It's a nice ship but it's small and has very few balconies. If you've been on a modern cruise ship, you might like going on the Majesty. It's like stepping back in time.

She was only 4 years old in 96?
As I said, for me it was about 5 years ago so best thing to do would be to go to cruise critic and see current reviews perhaps. For us, at that time, it was perfect.

The Majesty of the Seas was launched in 1992.

We board the Majesty in one month from today, first cruise out of rehab. I have sailed all the disney ships (some more than once) and this will be my first RC experience. Looking forward to it

my 12 yr old son and i are planning a B2B this December, a 3N MJS with my sister and her family on their first ever cruise and then a 4N Dream (he and I) which will be our 5th DCL. Will the Majesty be decked out for Christmas 12/9? We're more interested in hanging with the family but I also enjoy the holiday atmosphere during December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter