• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Main Street Confectionary closing for a refurb!

I just saw this on Twitter! I sure hope they are planning to sell the caramel apples some place in MK. (I think this was the only MK location for them?) We are going in May and we’re looking forward to dessert!

Does that mean they are not expecting massive Easter week crowds? Seem odd to not wait until around April 11 unless their numbers say crowds will be lesser following this crazy next week.

Well darn, I'm going mid-April and love stopping by to see what treats they have in the counter. Oh, well better for my waistline I guess.

Does anyone know if Big Top Souvenirs is still a good alternative for sweets? That’s where we bought our Easter goodies a few years back.

Does that mean they are not expecting massive Easter week crowds? Seem odd to not wait until around April 11 unless their numbers say crowds will be lesser following this crazy next week.

I think it moreso has to do with the fact that if it will take almost two months to refurb they will be guaranteed to miss memorial day and a good chunk of the summer crowds in June. Almost definitely better off missing Easter than those crowds

I think it moreso has to do with the fact that if it will take almost two months to refurb they will be guaranteed to miss memorial day and a good chunk of the summer crowds in June. Almost definitely better off missing Easter than those crowds

Not sure your logic. The two weeks around Easter is the second busiest stretch in the year for Disney. It is much busier during those two weeks than early June summer crowds.

Not sure your logic. The two weeks around Easter is the second busiest stretch in the year for Disney. It is much busier during those two weeks than early June summer crowds.

I would imagine they are trying to get as much done before the 50th more than worrying about Easter or summer.

It's the busiest in a normal year, the further we go into the year the more likely we are to have loosened health restrictions and increased capacity. Regular crowd trends at peak times do not really apply right now

I would imagine they are trying to get as much done before the 50th more than worrying about Easter or summer.

I agree and not disappointed it is closing. I am just wondering if closing it roughly two weeks earlier and not waiting a bit is a sign of Easter Crowds being lower than anticipated.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it. More than any real "refurb," I'd like to see more variety out in the shop. Aside from cotton candy, flavored popcorn, rice crispy treats, and Goofy's candy, there isn't much available for self-service. The best stuff is in the back and you have to wait in a line for it; it's hard to even crane you neck over or through the crowd to see if there's something there you feel like you want to wait in line for. I wish they'd package more of those specialty treats and put them out in the store for self-serve.

I also hope they open the Big Top before they close Main Street. I currently prefer it anyway.

Right now its not open and I miss it! Its actually my favorite shop in MK.

Thanks! I’ve been so out of the loop as to what’s open or still closed. I did just see on WDWNT that the plan is for Main Street Cinema to temporarily sell sweets, likely only prepackaged though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter