Magicbands & Credit Cards

LexiDanceFly

Earning My Ears
Can I only link a credit card on my magicband if Im staying at a Disney resort? What if Im staying off site? Ty!

If you're staying offsite you won't be able to charge things using your Magic Band. Magic Band charges are linked to your room reservation, not directly to a credit card.

Can anyone tell me how to take my credit card off my magic band. I would rather not have anything linked to it anymore. It gives me the option to change it but I didn't see anything on deleting it.

Can anyone tell me how to take my credit card off my magic band. I would rather not have anything linked to it anymore. It gives me the option to change it but I didn't see anything on deleting it.

Nothing is on your magic band.
You could probably remove the credit card linked to your account if not online yourself then by calling.

My question is HOW to remove it online. I can change it but not delete it. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Would rather just do it online and not have to call.

The magic band is just a chip linked to your MDE account. You would have to log into MDE to remove any payment information.

My question is HOW to remove it online. I can change it but not delete it. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong. Would rather just do it online and not have to call.
It just takes a little bit of looking.
I just went to my profile and then to payment method and next to my credit card it says delete.

Thank you for your help! I was going into my reservations and trying to delete it which was incorrect. I went to my profile and took care of it! You guys are wonderful!

Thank you for your help! I was going into my reservations and trying to delete it which was incorrect. I went to my profile and took care of it! You guys are wonderful!
Just know that if you want to do online check in or make dining reservations they will require your credit card info anyways.

Yes thank you I do know that. Now...I check my profile and it has been deleted but when I go to my room reservation details it still shows it there. Does it need to catch up somehow to the change? My other question you answered. My card needs to be there in order to do online check in. I've been many times and have always had a card on file, but for some reason I always had to wait for my room. (Once until 6:00!). So I was going to go this route without the card. I guess I'll have to put one on when we get closer to our arrival.

Yes thank you I do know that. Now...I check my profile and it has been deleted but when I go to my room reservation details it still shows it there. Does it need to catch up somehow to the change? My other question you answered. My card needs to be there in order to do online check in. I've been many times and have always had a card on file, but for some reason I always had to wait for my room. (Once until 6:00!). So I was going to go this route without the card. I guess I'll have to put one on when we get closer to our arrival.

The card has nothing to do with whether or not your room is ready, though. If you wait for your room it's because they don't have any rooms cleared out and cleaned until the time they send your room assignment.

As PP said your credit card has nothing to do with your room being ready.
Your room should be ready before 6pm for sure so if its not then you need to talk to a manager.
Your credit card info may show in your reservations because you have reservations currently.
I guess I am not seeing why its such a big deal that your credit card info is there.... You trying to go off grid or something lol?

Again thank you all for your help. We are doing this trip strictly gift cards/cash so just trying to tie up my ends. Off grid....bwahaaaaa! Like I could escape my hubby, kids and grandkids that easily NOR would I want to! Love going with all of them to our favorite place!

Magic Bands are so easy yet so scary for some. There truly is no need to worry about a linked credit card.
1.Your room reservation is charged to your credit card not your MB.
2. The MB gives you easy access to your room.
3. If you link your credit card, or another one, to your MB NOTHING
gets charged with it unless you SWIPE your band and ENTER YOUR PIN.
4. MB use in the parks is actually SAFER than using a credit card because of the pin number. Lost credit cards are a simple swipe and fake signature. Credit card loss can make a mess of your vacation.
5. MB swipe/pin screens are TOTALLY BLOCKED from view unlike grocery, gas stations or ATM's.
6. If you lose your MB no worries unless you gave a stranger your pin number-hopefully not. Just go to Guest Services, they disable the MB, and give you a new one. Much easier than a lost credit card.
7. In the end the best thing is the total accounting on your hotel bill of everything you spent money on, or perhaps the scariest! Great for future planning.

I understand your concerns and peace of mind but for me the MB's give me just that-simple, easy, no worries. No need to remove the link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter