Magical Oct 4, 2014 Southern Caribbean

I see peanuts & gluten listed as allergies for Stacey and Angel. Does that mean Hershey's kisses or M&Ms are off limits? I'm new to DCL and FE but am doing my best to catch up and bring some good stuff!

these are both fine for me- I can't have the pretzel m&s (but who really wants them anyway?) but plain or any other variety is fine. Thanks so much for being so aware. I appreciate it.

Stacey

Hi everyone, just now hopping on the Dis board for this cruise. We booked last summer 2013 while on a Mediterranean cruise. Will be myself, DH, and our 2 younger sons (oldest cant miss that much time from HS). I see some familiar names from past cruises. This will be our 8th Disney Cruise:)

I read online that there is a duty free shop at the Pan Am Pier - so if it's true we can buy alcohol right there and walk on with it. Would love to confirm, but the most recent post I can find is from 2012.

Just booked today. We were originally on the BTB the following week. Trying to read back the pages for hotel recommendations... Any idea what pages they are on?

Not sure about the page but several are staying at the Caribe Hilton and the Mariott Beach Resort. HTH & welcome aboard

James

If you were to choose a beach day at one of our ports, which port and which beach do you think is the best either booking through DCL or privately. Thanks for your help!

So new do not know where to post room number. And this is my 6th Disney cruise. Where have I been???

Check out the first post in this thread. There, you can fill out the roll call form & there's a link to Facebook.
You can post your cabin number on this page. Just put it in your reply. You can also post it on our FB page

James

Where did time go, only one week left to pack. :scared1: I guess I'd better find tiarra, pirate stuff pirate:, fish extender and real clothes :laundy: the concept of room service cheeseburger instead of formal night is sounding good right now

Where did time go, only one week left to pack. :scared1: I guess I'd better find tiarra, pirate stuff pirate:, fish extender and real clothes :laundy: the concept of room service cheeseburger instead of formal night is sounding good right now

I usually have everything planned ahead of time, but for this trip I's so behind. I'm still trying to figure out which excursions to book, so I've been up late at night sorting through options, so I'm tired. I haven't even begun to think about packing yet! :)

Don't sweat formal night. I've learned to keep it very simple. Some folks really dress up with gowns & tuxes, but many (like me) do not. The only "rule" is to not wear blue jeans. :) My husband wears a shirt & tie without a jacket, and we've not been kicked out yet! :)

I have packed my ties, underwear and shoes. Hopefully I will find time to add more to the suitcases, or I'm gonna be working on my tan and skipping Palo...lol

Usually I'm a big planner, but I'm last minute on this trip, so I'm overwhelmed with all of the choices. I've been up late every night this week scanning DCL Port Adventures as well as private excursions via Trip Advisor, Cruise Critic to see what is available and which companies are reputable.

If anyone is willing to share companies they've booked private excursions with, I'd love to hear it! Or if you have room for a family of 3 (husband, wife, teenage daughter) please let me know!

Anyone available to join us on Friday, Oct 3 for a private tour that includes El Yunque rainforest with waterfalls, observation towers and some hiking. We can also stop at a local shack for typical food and if you wish to see some of old San Juan it can happen. This service can last 4-5 hours and is $52 pp IF we have 6 people. I need 3 folks to join us. Could also do on Sat, Oct 4, but my first choice is on Friday since we board the ship on Saturday. If interested email me at cmmtomchuk @ charter (insert dot) net

I contacted AJ Meddy (#1 on TripAdvisor) for private tour in Grenada. Tentative itinerary: Concord Waterfall which is on the western side of the island, Belvedere Spice Plantation, guided hike to Seven Sisters Waterfall & swim at the falls (we pay $4 p/p entrance fee), Grand Etang Lake and Rainforest, Sightseeing and beach time (Grand Anse I think). There will be a lunch stop (not included in price). This tour will take 7 hours to complete. Pickup time 8:15 am and return @ 3:00 pm. Still working out details on pricing, but I think it will go like this: Tour Price 1- 4 persons US $180 Any extra per US $35 each. Is there a couple who would like to join us? If so, I think it will cost $47 each + lunch. Please email me at cmmtomchuk@charter (insert dot) net.

We are using Stan with JnJ tours for Granada. I wrote him an email to confirm this last week and he said meetup time was 7-7:30, not 8-8:30 like my original bookings. Just wanted to give everyone else a heads up to confirm if you are using him too.

WOW! I cannot believe that tomorrow we will be in San Juan!

Save travels to everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter