• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magical Express tags?

ellone

DIS Veteran
When should we be getting our Magical Express tags? We got a package with luggage tags (but not Magic Express tags) and I recently received an email that our Magic Bands have shipped.

Usually about a month before your trip. If you get to the three week mark, with no DME packet, call DME and check to be sure they have you in their system.

When should we be getting our Magical Express tags? We got a package with luggage tags (but not Magic Express tags) and I recently received an email that our Magic Bands have shipped.

Ours were IN the packet we received with the Mickey luggage tags, before our MB's were ever shipped.

They are just long yellow stickers...are you sure they aren't stuck somewhere inside the booklet that came with the Mickey luggage tags? :confused3

Ours were IN the packet we received with the Mickey luggage tags, before our MB's were ever shipped.

They are just long yellow stickers...are you sure they aren't stuck somewhere inside the booklet that came with the Mickey luggage tags? :confused3

That's odd. Usually they are shipped from different offices, which is why they come at separate times and in separate mailings. You're saying you got your yellow tags with your package documents/vouchers?

OP - I'd give DME a call and confirm you're information is set up with them. You can also re-enter your DME info through the DME web site (I don't have a link handy but you can do a search and have it come up). Every time we've signed up for DME online, we've gotten our tags within a week - even months before our trip!

I just got my package documents/vouchers late last week and the yellow magical express tags were in it too.

That's odd. Usually they are shipped from different offices, which is why they come at separate times and in separate mailings. You're saying you got your yellow tags with your package documents/vouchers? OP - I'd give DME a call and confirm you're information is set up with them. You can also re-enter your DME info through the DME web site (I don't have a link handy but you can do a search and have it come up). Every time we've signed up for DME online, we've gotten our tags within a week - even months before our trip!

Yes, I thought that was strange, too. In the past they always came separate. Funny thing is, we recently dropped the first night of our package. Today I got a new packet with the new dates, luggage tags but no ME tags. Go figure!

I thought it was strange too. I got my DME packet with tags and 2 days later got my package packet that also had DME tags.

Shyjade- If you booked through a TA they sometimes come together. At least that's how ours always is since we book through a TA that does all Disney vacations. DME gets mailed to their office and then they mail everything together to us.

You should expect uour DME stuff any day now. I know a lot of people who got their DME tags very early this year. My parents booked their trip back in May through Liberty Travel and their DME tags were in the mailbox the next week for their Nov trip.

Usually about a month before your trip. If you get to the three week mark, with no DME packet, call DME and check to be sure they have you in their system.

I have the e-mail confirm when I signed up for DME about a month ago...and I am now about 3 weeks before my trip. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Edit: Called tonight. They said they sent them out on Sept 16 (when I filled in the info online) so they must have gotten lost in the mail. They'll be resending them.

Reading this forumgot me thinkn we didnt get our tags, and we fly this sunday!
So we called, and appears nobody on there end put it in the system. Weve been so involved into planning adr's and fastpasses it slipt our minds. We ask if they can overnight the tags (ohio here) or fax or email some tags we can print out?
They said nope, take your ticket stub you get from checking your bags at the departing airport to the magical express desk in orlando airport and they will go find the bags and take them to our room. REALLY! Why cant they spend 10 bucks to overnight me some tags, heck ill pay the 10 bucks. I would just feel better with the tags. Anyone have this happen? Or similar?

I had originally scheduled DME, but then decided to cancel because I wanted a grocery stop so I got a car, anyway, I called and cancelled the MDE. But, it still shows up on my account anyway. I got my package in the mail last week and it included some tags with Mickey on them, which I assume are just my regular tags and no yellow tags, but the Magical Express is still listed on the info that came in the package. Do I need to call and cancel this again or what? Will it matter if I am actually still scheduled for this and don't show up, is there a way to penalize me?

Reading this forumgot me thinkn we didnt get our tags, and we fly this sunday!
So we called, and appears nobody on there end put it in the system. Weve been so involved into planning adr's and fastpasses it slipt our minds. We ask if they can overnight the tags (ohio here) or fax or email some tags we can print out?
They said nope, take your ticket stub you get from checking your bags at the departing airport to the magical express desk in orlando airport and they will go find the bags and take them to our room. REALLY! Why cant they spend 10 bucks to overnight me some tags, heck ill pay the 10 bucks. I would just feel better with the tags. Anyone have this happen? Or similar?

We're leaving on Sunday as well (also from Ohio!) and I realized on Friday that we never got our tags. Turned out that even though I had changed our address online, somehow the DME tags got sent to our old address several weeks ago and USPS never forwarded it. But they were able to rush our tags and I got them in the mail today. :confused3

Shyjade- If you booked through a TA they sometimes come together. At least that's how ours always is since we book through a TA that does all Disney vacations. DME gets mailed to their office and then they mail everything together to us. You should expect uour DME stuff any day now. I know a lot of people who got their DME tags very early this year. My parents booked their trip back in May through Liberty Travel and their DME tags were in the mailbox the next week for their Nov trip.

I never book through a TA, only Disney.

We're leaving on Sunday as well (also from Ohio!) and I realized on Friday that we never got our tags. Turned out that even though I had changed our address online, somehow the DME tags got sent to our old address several weeks ago and USPS never forwarded it. But they were able to rush our tags and I got them in the mail today. :confused3

Thats great! Calln again this morning and talking to a different worker at magical express. Where ya flyn out of?

Talked to 3 different people from magical express today all 3 said cant get them to you on time. 1st said 10 days 2nd said 2 weeks 3rd said takes 4days to print. I used you as a example with getting your tags yesterday after realizing friday and they said "thats impossible, that poster is fibbing". Sorry threw you under the bus, weve been ran over numerous times planning this vacation....our backs are sore. But they all did say take your stub to the magical express counter and they will get our luggage, that this happens everyday. Thats encouraging.:scared:

Talked to 3 different people from magical express today all 3 said cant get them to you on time. 1st said 10 days 2nd said 2 weeks 3rd said takes 4days to print. I used you as a example with getting your tags yesterday after realizing friday and they said "thats impossible, that poster is fibbing". Sorry threw you under the bus, weve been ran over numerous times planning this vacation....our backs are sore. But they all did say take your stub to the magical express counter and they will get our luggage, that this happens everyday. Thats encouraging.:scared:

Shouldn't be a problem although I have read where people have noted it has taken longer to receive their bags when it doesn't have the yellow tags on them. I am guessing that the airport stores any "unclaimed luggage" from the carousel and then Disney/Mears cross-references the leftover bags with the bag info you provided them. This is probably why there's a delay. When the yellow tags are on them, they are pulled and re-routed to the Disney/Mears before they even reach the carousel.

If you're nervous, you can always claim your own bags and bring them to DME yourself. They can store them under the bus for you.

I would definitely try completing the DME info on the web site. Worst case would be you still don't have the tags on time. I've done it twice now and was amazed at how fast I got them - within days: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/airport-transportation-reservation/

That stinks that they weren't able to get you yours on time! I suspect that the reason why they rushed ours was because it was the fault of the USPS for not forwarding mail from the old address. Actually, yesterday morning we got two more sets of DME tags sent to us! First we had none, now we have way too many!

Good to know that you can still use the DME service, even without getting your tags on time though!

I don't understand why you feel you have been thrown under the bus. It is not their fault that you forgot about your tags. It is your responsibility and they can not get you tags now. They have given you an alternative that will work just fine. I would also suggest you take a picture of your bags to show them
Good Luck

What? No. spritna was apologizing for throwing flyergrad09 under the bus ("well, I know you can overnight Magical Express packets because I was just 'talking go's someone who got theirs this way").

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter