Magical Express from Airport to Park?

Lydia S

Canadian
Is it possible to take the ME directly from the airport to Magic Kingdom (or Contemporary - then hop on the monorail)? Or will they only bring you directly to the resort you have reservations for?

The transportation is only to the resort at which you are staying

You can always skip DME and take uber or car service from airport to MK. :) And if you go to Contemporary skip the monorail, walking will be much faster as the monorail will make stops at TTC, Poly, GF then MK after stopping @ Contemporary.

You can always skip DME and take uber or car service from airport to MK. :) And if you go to Contemporary skip the monorail, walking will be much faster as the monorail will make stops at TTC, Poly, GF then MK after stopping @ Contemporary.
Yeah, if you want to use the monorail vs. walking, go to GF instead. MK is the next stop

I took Lyft from MCO to the Contemporary this past weekend as I didn't want to spend the time waiting for the Magical Express, going to the resort and then going to Magic Kingdom. Was right around $28 FYI.

Great info, thanks.
Will DME drop your luggage off at your resort if you take Uber from the airport directly to one of the parks? My understanding is you do not need to claim your luggage, Disney picks up for you and delivers to your resort. Wondering if they verify you got on DME to have it delivered.

Great info, thanks.
Will DME drop your luggage off at your resort if you take Uber from the airport directly to one of the parks? My understanding is you do not need to claim your luggage, Disney picks up for you and delivers to your resort. Wondering if they verify you got on DME to have it delivered.
An entire thread on this exact subject is found on the Transportation board
https://www.disboards.com/threads/dme-luggage-only-dont-want-to-ride-the-bus.2015788/

Great info, thanks.
Yes

Is it possible to take the ME directly from the airport to Magic Kingdom (or Contemporary - then hop on the monorail)? Or will they only bring you directly to the resort you have reservations for?

No. You can only take it to the resort where you are staying.

I would just uber it as others have said. They scan your MB before getting in the line for resort and then again when they let you go to the bus so they can see what resort you are staying at. Plus it's probably faster anyways since ME can take awhile depending when you get in line, how busy it is or if a bus just left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter