Magic Your Way "coupons"?

lmbcdb

DIS Veteran
Ok, so I got my travel documents and spiffy luggage tags in the mail today. :yay:

I wasn't real impressed with the Magic Your Way "coupons". The website made it seem like they were giving you a deal on different things. However, the vouchers are pretty lame and seem more like they are just to get you in the door at some of these places.

Am I right, or could someone tell me which of these coupons are worth our time. (first visit)

Thanks!

I use the miniature golf coupon. I like to go at night and you get a little gift at the end. Planet Hollywood is not exciting but for a lunch or dinner the voucher pays for a meal. I have not used the free arcade coupon but it is free for thirty minutes.

We played miniature golf one day and used the arcade card the last day to kill some time while we were waiting for the ME bus.

The sea racer coupon is a good one, and so are the mini golf and arcade coupons. Lots of folks on here use the Planet Hollywood voucher. But yes, they are to get you to use the services and spend money there. :)

The miniature golf coupon is only good for one person free round, but we still use it.We also use the arcade coupon..None of the others get used

I'm with you. The coupons are for things I wouldn't normally spend money on so why would I spend money on them now in order to get a discount?

I did use the arcade card one trip. It's not good for any of the games that produce tickets. Walking in there, my kids wanted to try all sorts of games that couldn't be played with the card so we ended up spending money we wouldn't normally have spent so they could play those. Yes, that is the point of the voucher. We won't use it this time because I don't want to spend the money or that much time in an arcade just to get cheap little prizes similar to those at Chuck E Cheese which IMO are garbage.

I miss the free 5x7 photopass voucher. I used that each time. I now have a Disney Visa so I'll take advantage of the DV free 5x7 at Epcot but IMO that doesn't cost Disney much to produce but it was the only one I used. I always saw others using that voucher but unlike me, I generally saw them placing other orders when they'd pick up the free one. We always buy the photopass CD so we don't buy pictures at the parks.

I did use the arcade card one trip. It's not good for any of the games that produce tickets. Walking in there, my kids wanted to try all sorts of games that couldn't be played with the card so we ended up spending money we wouldn't normally have spent so they could play those. Yes, that is the point of the voucher. We won't use it this time because I don't want to spend the money or that much time in an arcade just to get cheap little prizes similar to those at Chuck E Cheese which IMO are garbage.

DD15 used the arcade card on our August trip at POFQ. While you can't earn tickets for redemption, it did allow her to play all of the games she wanted to play. She played when we were waiting for the ME bus to take us back to the airport, so it was a good value for us.

We also use the free photopass photo coupon, sea raycer discount, and have used the miniature golf pass a few times.

My book still had the Free 5x7 voucher.Is that something that isn't offered all the time now?

I believe the photo voucher is not offered for one method of booking - either online or on the phone. I just don't remember which is which. I'm guessing online bookings get it, because that's how we always have booked packages and we've always gotten it.

There are just some minor differences between online and on the phone package perks.

We use the coupons when we book a package. We used the mini golf one last time and our arcade one (well our nephew used it). It doesn't bother me that the 5 x 7 is gone b/c we always forgot to use it! But we get the photopass CD everytime so we aren't missing out on anything not getting the photo. We planned on using the sea racyers one but ran out of time. We would not have considered the Sea Raycer's until we got the coupon and probably won't go next trip b/c we won't have a coupon (AP Discount booking). just like any other coupons they aren't worth alot unless you actually want to do those things/buy those products.

We used the arcade coupon and the photo coupon over Thanksgiving. I booked on-line.

We use the photo coupon, the mini golf coupon, the arcade coupon and the sea raycer coupon. One thing that we have discovered is that with the mini golf coupon, we have always been able to use it for 2 rounds of golf. It says one, but we have always used it twice. For the Sea Raycer coupon, we have rented 2 boats for the 90 minutes (only pay for 60) deal. Like another poster said though, if we didn't have the coupons we probably would not use the services.

I just received mine and it has the 5X7 coupon in it. I booked online also. I don't know if we'll use any of the others...maybe.

I'm with you. The coupons are for things I wouldn't normally spend money on so why would I spend money on them now in order to get a discount?

I miss the free 5x7 photopass voucher. I used that each time. I now have a Disney Visa so I'll take advantage of the DV free 5x7 at Epcot but IMO that doesn't cost Disney much to produce but it was the only one I used. I always saw others using that voucher but unlike me, I generally saw them placing other orders when they'd pick up the free one. We always buy the photopass CD so we don't buy pictures at the parks.
On the subject of PhotoPass. How many pictures do you take to make it worth the price? Or so you share with other families?

It's kind of a catch 22 with me because I am so money conscious.

On the subject of PhotoPass. How many pictures do you take to make it worth the price? Or so you share with other families?

It's kind of a catch 22 with me because I am so money conscious.

I had 102 pics last trip and wouldn't have thought to buy it ..EXCEPT the cost of one print is RIDICULOUS and I had like 25 pics I really wanted.So for me it was worth the cost.

We took advantage of the arcade coupon, which is for 30 minutes of play time rather than a set number of points. That one worked well since I used it with my DS6. Since he isn’t very good at most of the arcade games we were able to “play” tons of them in a half hour. It probably would have cost us a small fortune to play all those games if we had to buy points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter