"Magic Your Way" Cool new WDW ticket options

poohj80 said:
If you plan to add the no expiration to your passes it makes most sense to buy the 10 day passes for only $24 more per pass and then you'll have even more days to use in the future.

That's not quite right. In addition to $24 more for the added days, you would also pay more for the non-expiration which seems to be about $10/day. So to go from a 4 day to a 10 day would add $60 additional dollars to the cost for a total of about $84 more, though that's still not bad for 6 more days.

I've been looking at the prices and for a regular 4 day park hopper pass for 2 adults and 2 kids would be close to $800. If I go with the magic your way option for 10 day tickets with no expiration it would be like $1,158..it looks like I'd have to pay $400 extra so that they don't expire! The Magic your way package plus w/ dining option doesn't seem like a bad option if you stay for 6 nights..

LilMamiBella said:
I've been looking at the prices and for a regular 4 day park hopper pass for 2 adults and 2 kids would be close to $800. If I go with the magic your way option for 10 day tickets with no expiration it would be like $1,158..it looks like I'd have to pay $400 extra so that they don't expire!

You don't have to buy the 10 day pass to get the no expiration, it just gets you the most days for the lowest per day price.

poohj80- Oh I know! Someone said that I be better off buying the 10 day pass. Which would be okay if I could stay for 10 days. But, if I don't want them to expire than that's $400 extra. Maybe I'd be better of getting the 4 day php.

I sat down and did the math last nite. The new tickets can be a great deal.

Current prices:

5 day park hopper: $265
If I buy 3 this year and 3 more next year (assuming no price increase), I'll spend $1590.

New prices:

10 day non-expiring park hopper: $344
If I buy 3 this year and use 5 days this trip and 5 days next trip, I'll spend $1032.

Savings with the new system: $558.
And the actual savings is probably even more since the cost of the 5 day would likely go up during the year between visits.

Sounds great to me.

Can any help me? I was going to buy the 4 day PHP tickets for 2 adults, 2 children, through Hotwire. The adult tickets were about $208 I believe. We have 6 days where we could go to the parks. What is our best option? So confusing!

Does anyone know, if you get the extra premium ticket (both hopper and plus pack) does this mean you can go to pleasure island each night you're there or only one night. Or do I have to get seperate pleasure island tickets for each of the seven nights I'm there????

I am thrilled with the new changes. We have never used "pluses" & we rarely park hop so we could get away with just using a "basic ticket"

We don't go back for another two years so I have plenty of time to read up on it & see how it all pans out.

My question though is I wonder if they are going to have 8 & 9 day passes?

soft_spell said:
Does anyone know, if you get the extra premium ticket (both hopper and plus pack) does this mean you can go to pleasure island each night you're there or only one night. Or do I have to get seperate pleasure island tickets for each of the seven nights I'm there????

I belive you will get a set number of "plusses" to use depending on the length of your ticket. The plusses can be uses at PI, the waterparks, DQ or WWS.

jacksonsmom said:
I am thrilled with the new changes. We have never used "pluses" & we rarely park hop so we could get away with just using a "basic ticket"

We don't go back for another two years so I have plenty of time to read up on it & see how it all pans out.

My question though is I wonder if they are going to have 8 & 9 day passes?

Thats what I assume from mousesavers that the option is up to 10 days of stay.
Ames

carolb3 said:
Can any help me? I was going to buy the 4 day PHP tickets for 2 adults, 2 children, through Hotwire. The adult tickets were about $208 I believe. We have 6 days where we could go to the parks. What is our best option? So confusing!

Hi! Upstate NY here too!

I think it will depend on if you plan on park hopping, visiting water parks and such. We purchased the 4 day PHP tickets already last month from Hotwire but am interested about these new options.

The way i read it, the "new" ticket for 6 days would be $196 +tax ($208.74). If you wanted to park hop it would be $231 +tax ($246.02).
If you wanted to hop AND have plusses: $276 +tax ($293.94)
Prices are not including shipping and the tickets would expire 14 days after first use.

Plusses would be 4 on a six day pass, where the hotwire has only 1.

So if your going for 6 days at the parks, its a great dela, as to park hop it will only cost you $38 for 2 additional days.

Feel free to correct my math if i ma wrong!

There are NO 10 day hoppers (or 8 or 9 day tickets) in the new plan. There are 1-7 day tickets with the option of possibly adding 2-5 PLUS days at Disney quest, the water parks or Pleasure Island.

The PLUS options will now include Disney Quest.

The adult tickets will be linked to your finger scan so you can't give them to your uncle as was done in the past.

ffys

ffys said:
There are NO 10 day hoppers (or 8 or 9 day tickets) in the new plan. There are 1-7 day tickets with the option of possibly adding 2-5 PLUS days at Disney quest, the water parks or Pleasure Island.

The adult tickets will be linked to your finger scan so you can't give them to your uncle as was done in the past.
Where did you find this info? I have been looking for info on biometrics and the new passes since they were announced.

ffys said:

The PLUS options will now include Disney Quest.

ffys

I'm confused...the OP says 10 day tickets are going to be available. So now they are not?

The 10 day passes are listed on mousesavers and Allears so I believe they will be an option. The prices is listed too. You can add no expiration but it will cost $100 for a 10 day pass. The 7 day ticket will cost $55 not to expire so you can see the disproportionate increase between the 2.

Disney wants you to have it your way today! Their way tomorrow. This pricing promotes longer single stays or you will fork over the cash to plan for the future trips.

Im glad I bought those 5+4 Park Hopper tickets a few months ago when they were offering them. That will keep us in hoppers for awhile.

For me it looks GREAT!

We just do the 4 parks and we usually hop 2 times per visit, because we can, and AK closing early (if we have no night plans) or to catch illuminations an extra time. I'd have to look at it and probably could do without hopping, but to pay $140 ($35x4) to park hop a couple of times per trip (actually doesn't sound that bad when you break it up in to 2 trips and may be worth it just for that) I was going to say that it might not be worth it, but to each his own.

HERE'S my point: I think it would absolutely work out the best for everyone who also has a couple of days of hoppers left (or if you can afford to buy some real quick) Buy a 10 day base pass w/ no expiration(the price to add a day is so dang low, even when you factor in the non-expire charge) and use them for your full days(all day at MK or EPCOT, etc...) then use one of your left over hoppers one or two days per trip.

LIFERBABE said:
Disney wants you to have it your way today! Their way tomorrow. This pricing promotes longer single stays or you will fork over the cash to plan for the future trips.

Im glad I bought those 5+4 Park Hopper tickets a few months ago when they were offering them. That will keep us in hoppers for awhile.

I'm sorry I missed out on the 5+4 PHP, but I did get good prices on 7+4 PHP from Hotwire.

I think the new tickets will be good for people who go for long, infrequent vacations and don't care about getting a non-expiring ticket. I *always* use up my plus features (and often run out!), I like to park hop, and I try to "stretch" one ticket to last several trips. I figure that a new 7+5 non-expiring park hopper ticket will cots about $40 more than a current 7+4 from Hotwire. A 10+5 non-expiring park hopper ticket will cost a tiny bit less, on a per day basis, than a current 7+4 from Hotwire. So, unless Hotwire or TicketMania are able to offer discounts, I won't be saving much. I'm happy for those who will be, though! :flower:

poohj80 said:
Where did you find this info? I have been looking for info on biometrics and the new passes since they were announced.

There are a lot of rumor threads on the Rumors board. Nothing concrete from Disney yet, but the rumors are pretty strong I would say.

ffys said:
There are NO 10 day hoppers (or 8 or 9 day tickets) in the new plan.

Yes, there WILL be 10 day tickets, to which you can add the Park Hopper Option, the Magic Plus Pack and/or the No Expiration Option.

There will be no 8 or 9 day tickets.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter