Magic ticket vs Base Ticket

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
I am getting ready to purchase our tickets for a WDW trip for next week. My original plan was to buy the three day base tickets using the current promotion that allows us to get adult tickets at kids' prices. The total for four of us would be $1880. However, when I got on UT's site, it looks like the price for us to get 4 day Magic passes would be only about $3 more for each ticket. It is a short trip and so we only have three full park days, but if I am understanding the pricing correctly, it might be worth getting the four day pass and running over to the fourth park for a few hours the night our flight arrives. My understanding is that the 4 day Magic tickets specify that you can go to only one park per day, while the base tickets allow you to pick and choose any park each day? This would not matter to us, since we only plan on doing one day per park, but just wanted to make sure I am understanding correctly before I buy the tickets. Is that possible that there is just a $3 difference per ticket between three day base ticket and four day magic ticket?

I am getting ready to purchase our tickets for a WDW trip for next week. My original plan was to buy the three day base tickets using the current promotion that allows us to get adult tickets at kids' prices. The total for four of us would be $1880. However, when I got on UT's site, it looks like the price for us to get 4 day Magic passes would be only about $3 more for each ticket. It is a short trip and so we only have three full park days, but if I am understanding the pricing correctly, it might be worth getting the four day pass and running over to the fourth park for a few hours the night our flight arrives. My understanding is that the 4 day Magic tickets specify that you can go to only one park per day, while the base tickets allow you to pick and choose any park each day? This would not matter to us, since we only plan on doing one day per park, but just wanted to make sure I am understanding correctly before I buy the tickets. Is that possible that there is just a $3 difference per ticket between three day base ticket and four day magic ticket?
Yes, it is possible. That's just a quirk of the discounted Magic ticket. I believe (or at least suspect) there are some days that cost more to buy the 3-day base tickets. As long as the 4-day Magic Ticket serves your schedule, it makes sense to buy it.

Yes, it's entirely possible. The Magic passes were offered at a special rate, so not terribly surprised price they may be competitive, cost-wise, with the 3-day base tickets. Perhaps chat with UT via their website to get clarification on the pricing.

The primary difference is that with the 4-day Magic Ticket you can only go to each park ONE day. You can't do 2 days at MK then 2 days at DHS.

There is also a 3-day Magic ticket, if you are looking to save money you might want to check pricing on that. It would allow you to do your original planned 3 parks, but not the extra on arrival day.

ETA: my apologies -- the 3-day ticket excludes MK.

Last edited:
Yes, it's entirely possible. The Magic passes were offered at a special rate, so not terribly surprised price they may be competitive, cost-wise, with the 3-day base tickets. Perhaps chat with UT via their website to get clarification on the pricing.
Thanks! Chat isn't showing up right now on the site, but there is a phone number.

The primary difference is that with the 4-day Magic Ticket you can only go to each park ONE day. You can't do 2 days at MK then 2 days at DHS.

There is also a 3-day Magic ticket, if you are looking to save money you might want to check pricing on that. It would allow you to do your original planned 3 parks, but not the extra on arrival day.
Good to know! The three day magic pass isn't showing up right now, so maybe it is not offered at this time? Thanks for the clarification!

Prices through WDW for a start date next Mon. 5/27 (prices include tax):

3-day base ticket: $504.92
4-Park Magic: $499.49
3-Park Magic: $342.93

Prices/offerings through UT or any other 3rd party reseller will differ.

Definitely check, but I know there is a 3 day discounted one that blocks you out of MK, so make sure to read the fine print on which parks you can go to if you look at the 3 day magic.

Definitely check, but I know there is a 3 day discounted one that blocks you out of MK, so make sure to read the fine print on which parks you can go to if you look at the 3 day magic.
The 3-day 3-park ticket is the one that doesn't allow MK. I don't believe there is a discounted ticket that allows you your choice of any three parks. There is no 3-day "Magic" ticket.
EDIT: better screenshot
1716230301673.png

Last edited:
The 3-day 3-park ticket is the one that doesn't allow MK. I don't believe there is a discounted ticket that allows you your choice of any three parks. There is no 3-day "Magic" ticket.
EDIT: better screenshot
View attachment 861590
Oh, yes, sorry I forgot about that. It probably wouldn't work for the OP who mentioned going to MK. Thank you!

Prices through WDW for a start date next Mon. 5/27 (prices include tax):

3-day base ticket: $504.92
4-Park Magic: $499.49
3-Park Magic: $342.93

Prices/offerings through UT or any other 3rd party reseller will differ.
Thanks so much! For some reason, I am not seeing the 3 day magic option when I search the ticket options, but just the 4 park magic or base tickets. Did you just do a general search?

Thanks so much! For some reason, I am not seeing the 3 day magic option when I search the ticket options, but just the 4 park magic or base tickets. Did you just do a general search?
My apologies -- the 3-day ticket excludes MK. If you plan to go to MK you'll need the 4-day ticket. But as PP shows, the 3-day is offered from UT as well as WDW directly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter