Magic Shots

gilby

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me where they have magic shots, I am aware of Tink in MK and stitch, Simba at AK, but I am looking for other locations that have magic shots.
Thanks,

My DS had his picture taken on the bridge in WS heading toward France (in front of the Eiffel Tower). The photographer had him cup his hand and when I looked at the picture Chip from Beauty and the Beast was in his hand!

last week I got stitch in AK, tink on Main Street in MK & Olaf in Hollywood studios

I always ask the photographer if they do any. They'll tell you, but they don't offer it without you asking.

I know my DD got Sebastian from the Little Mermaid held in her hand in front of Eric's castle at MK. She also got one holding balloons in her hand.

She got one holding Chip on the way to Gaston's Tavern in MK with Beast's Castle in the background.

She got another one on our way out of AK, I don't remember exactly where, with her cradling Simba in her arms.

We did balloons and one with Olaf at HS.

We got tinkerbell in my daughters hands, balloons, butterflies,stitch and Jiminy Cricket floating down at AK. We didnt ask for them, he just started posing us in all different ways. He also did one of us dancing and said that Olaf was going to be dancing with us, but Olaf didnt show up.

That's the most accurate list I've ever seen. I'm kind of impressed to be honest.

There's a few more she doesn't have listed (namely, all the memory maker ones) but still. Not bad. Even has all the Frozen ones.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
And which ones are those?

How many photos can you have done at each photographer? Is there a limit?

We are a party of seven, with three kids, I'd like individuals of the kids and myself and not to have every shot include the grandparents.

How many photos can you have done at each photographer? Is there a limit? We are a party of seven, with three kids, I'd like individuals of the kids and myself and not to have every shot include the grandparents.
It depends on the CM and if there is a line. We had one CM do four separate magic shots for us but there wasn't a line. I would think about doing the pictures at off peak times. I think you also have to help the CM by keeping the time between shots short.

Totally suprised upon looking at our Memory Maker shots and finding a Magic Shot video from DAK! Had not heard of such a thing being available. Anyone else?

Simba magic shot in AK is retired now according to a thread by a photopass photographer in the Disney World Tips section.

Bummer...we got that shot 10 years ago when my DD was 6. We are going back for her Sweet 16 and I wanted that same shot ten years later.

We got a ton of magic shots done this year! Olaf, Anna & Elsa, Darth Vader, Chip, Tink (2 different ones), Sebastian, Sven, Balloons, Prince Naveen as a frog, etc.

Any photographer that is not using a tripod may have magic shots. We were told not to be shy and just ask! Was kinda disappointed to hear the park bench shots were discontinued as well as Soarin' but the updates are nice as well.

Ask, ask, ask!

Be polite... and ask. If you sound confident, and say something like "Any magic shots you can do?" The odds are they will accommodate you.

Even if they offer a shot that you already have, go ahead and take it. Sometimes the setup or something just isn't right, and the shot doesn't work. But you won't know that until you see your photos. So unless you are checking your photos every night/morning, you won't know for sure that they worked.

They also can take longer to show up in your account than regular shots.

Magic shots are the difference maker between using your own camera or letting them take pics. (I do both)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter