Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios

pearljammer

DIS Veteran
Okay, here a ? for the masses. We've never been to WDW so I'm curious as to your thoughts on something. We've decided to go to WDW after the end of our cruise and to keep it affordable, we're only doing 1 day at the park. Our DS is 4 and loves superheros and stuff so I'm wondering which should we go to: Magic Kingdom or Hollywood Studios. I'm not sure if there's enough to do at HS for a full day with a 4 yr old. Any thoughts?

I will add this. We're headed back next year as a surprise to my DH for b'day so I may do one day before cruise at that time and may do the opposite park of that which we don't do this trip. Any ideas?? I have an idea of what MK has to offer but not so much on HS. Again, 4 year old attractions.

Thank you.

I can't really think of any superheroes at either MK or HS - they got rid of the Power Rangers, right? I guess maybe Buzz would qualify as a superhero? If so, go to MK for his attraction - it's much more Buzz-centric than TSM.

If you only have 1 day, then by all means Magic Kingdom! If you plan on eating at a sit-down (table service) restaurant, don't forget to make a reservation right away! They can be booked 180 days in advance and typically do! Have fun!!

if youve never been then you have to go to mk hs really isnt tht great and is not a full day park

While I love HS and can make it a full day park in October, there is no doubt in my mind that if you only go to one park it has to be MK. :thumbsup2

I thought as much but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything over at HS. Thanks all!! WOOHOOOOOOOO

For a 4 year old MK is the best bet. But if he watches the Disney Chanel he may see more of those characters in HS. But you cant let him miss seeing the castle for the first time and there are more rides for a 4 year old.

For your situation, I would go with Magic Kingdom. We love Hollywood Studios, but the Kingdom is THE theme park to go to.

Although I agree that you should do Magic Kingdom if you only have one day, I'm curious as to why EPCOT or Animal Kingdom were never a possibility. If you do go to MK try to get there before opening so that you can see the opening song. It's a must when we go and my daughter is 15. I

Magic Kingdom especially if it is your son's first trip. I love all the other parks, but MK is the heart of WDW.

We've been to Disneyland but he was just turning 2. But what is this opening song that someone mentioned? And I'm sure we'll be there as early as we can since he's up at the crack of dawn anyway!! Thanks all.

Hollywood Studios is my least favorite park out of them all so I would choose the Magic Kingdom even if I didn't have a small child with me ;)

If I were you I would choose the Magic Kingdom for this trip and then do EPCOT on your next trip. Hollywood Studios only gets done if we have 4 or more days.

The opening song is so sweet, (search MK opening on Youtube) the characters ride in on the train and then sing...they pick a family to be the "family of the day". I still cry everytime I see it. My daughter and I love it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter