Magic Kingdom After Hours coming back (DAH); Reviews: Page 18 >>

I spent a long time debating whether it was worth the cost before I booked it. Seeing pictures from the event finally tipped the scales for me. An empty MK is just too appealing.
I agree with this. We are here now for a park free trip. I'm watching the weather for Friday and will hopefully get tickets for the five of us. Just have to convince dh it's worth the $89 dvc price tag. Fingers crossed.

Can tickets for DAH be purchased at WDW ticket booths and/or hotels? The first post only mentions purchasing by phone.
I bought my ticket last year at Disney DR at HS, this year I got it over the phone so I think it should still work the same as last year, I mean Disney is pretty good at taking your money,

I agree with this. We are here now for a park free trip. I'm watching the weather for Friday and will hopefully get tickets for the five of us. Just have to convince dh it's worth the $89 dvc price tag. Fingers crossed.
We got the $89 price to since we are passholders. I think it being under $100 made it easier to swallow.

Can anyone tell us of what times you are able to get in. I called customer service and got 2 different answers. One was 4 (that would be great if true) and 7 pm.

Loving the reviews. I was gutted when they discontinued it last year as it was going to be my one special treat to myself of the trip. Hoping this gets extended to the summer...

We had an amazing experience at Disneyland Park, DLP on New Year's Day, which practically emptied after 7pm (didn't shut until 10pm) and we walked round desserted areas to walk on every ride we wanted. I would love to experience that at MK!

We did this for free (either an AP or DVC giveaway at the last minute -- can't recall which) when it debuted, and would pay for it IF they decided to offer it this coming August.

I'm actually really surprised that no dates have sold out yet, what with all the fabulous reviews and increased advertising of the event. I've decided that if the event hasn't sold out the week before, I am going to take that as a sign from God that I am meant to be there and buy tickets for February 16th. I will have my 2 year old in tow but on past trips, she has been extremely flexible when we kept her up a little late and would just fall asleep in the stroller when she's tired. It sounds like the perfect way to end our vacation!!

I'm not, it's been under 60 days since they reannounced it was coming. The fastpass system really has most people planned at the 60 day mark now and they stop looking for changes. It takes months for MNSSHP or MVMCP to get some sold out dates and while that's more people, it's announced far in advance of the ADR window start so people have time to really plan what park they will be in.. This planning and the panic that no fastpass=bad experience has really changed, in my opinion, how and how far away disney needs to announce something, especially something that is very different and not widely known about.

I would change around my schedule and risk some adrs but that's going to be different for different people.. it's just not enough time but I think the last second sales when people are told they can't ride anymore is fairly strong.

how many would risk changing their schedule this close to travel? I think the number is low, it's not like a party night where you get extras so it's not on their radar and peopel still think it's pay emh which it's not.

I'm not, it's been under 60 days since they reannounced it was coming. The fastpass system really has most people planned at the 60 day mark now and they stop looking for changes. It takes months for MNSSHP or MVMCP to get some sold out dates and while that's more people, it's announced far in advance of the ADR window start so people have time to really plan what park they will be in.. This planning and the panic that no fastpass=bad experience has really changed, in my opinion, how and how far away disney needs to announce something, especially something that is very different and not widely known about.

I would change around my schedule and risk some adrs but that's going to be different for different people.. it's just not enough time but I think the last second sales when people are told they can't ride anymore is fairly strong.

how many would risk changing their schedule this close to travel? I think the number is low, it's not like a party night where you get extras so it's not on their radar and peopel still think it's pay emh which it's not.

I have had Thursday the 16th planned as my MK day since the beginning, and I would have no problem switching it but I made an appointment for my daughter's first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop and I was unable to move the appointment to a different day because there was no availability. So if I do go to After Hours, I will be doing MK in the morning, in which I will take it easy and not stress about riding too many rides, because I would be going back at night where I can ride to my heart's content!

LOL Jenna, you sound like me. "I'll wait until after the first first party... and if it sells out, I'm clearly not supposed to go."

Bought my ticket last night. I'm thrifty, so that was a tough pill to swallow.... but I don't think I'll regret it.

Are you going to Friday's event? I can't wait to hear how your experience was! I agree, the price is steep, but it seems beyond worth it to be able to ride all those rides with no crowds with a toddler!

Was discussing this with my DH and showing him the pictures posted. He said if given a choice he would rather do this then an ADR, I felt the same way so cancelled our ADR and bought our family tickets to this. So excited for this I feel like Im waiting for Christmas morning. :yay:

It just so happened that the night we bought tickets for this event (3/2) was the same night that we had our earliest dinner ADR of the trip. We have a 5:25 pm reservation at 'Ohanas. If the ADR had been later in the evening and it was MK after Hours vs an ADR, we would've cancelled the ADR. No doubt about it.

I have had Thursday the 16th planned as my MK day since the beginning, and I would have no problem switching it but I made an appointment for my daughter's first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop and I was unable to move the appointment to a different day because there was no availability. So if I do go to After Hours, I will be doing MK in the morning, in which I will take it easy and not stress about riding too many rides, because I would be going back at night where I can ride to my heart's content!

Great time to do all the little things, street performers, parades, dance parties, riding the main street vehicles and seeing the trolley show.. I can't remember what character it is but next to rupenzels tower where the charging station and bathrooms between small world and haunted mansion there is 10 hidden statues to search for in the landscaping/trees. Do sorcerers of the magic kingdom (ask for the shorter version or it'll take 6 hours) but great way to see MK differently. There is that pirates variation as well..

so much to do and never get on a ride.

Was discussing this with my DH and showing him the pictures posted. He said if given a choice he would rather do this then an ADR, I felt the same way so cancelled our ADR and bought our family tickets to this. So excited for this I feel like Im waiting for Christmas morning. :yay:

I have a friend that loves to do ice cream for christmas once a year with the kids.. might be a good time to do that with the included in price ice cream and popcorn. :) That'll be a memory nobody will forget for a long time (and you can get food if needed or get some sammiches and leave them in the resort for after if needed).

Can anyone tell us of what times you are able to get in. I called customer service and got 2 different answers. One was 4 (that would be great if true) and 7 pm.
The email i got said 7, but there have been reports here of people being allowed in at 4 and being able to make fastpasses with those tickets starting at 4.

Speaking of which, If I am going to another park the same day as we do DAH and have fastpasses there, is there any way to also make advance fastpasses at MK using the DAH tickets? I don't think so but thought I would ask.

Speaking of which, If I am going to another park the same day as we do DAH and have fastpasses there, is there any way to also make advance fastpasses at MK using the DAH tickets? I don't think so but thought I would ask.
Yes. You'll need to link the DAH tickets to Family#2/fake people listed in your MDE. You'd need a DAH hard, plastic ticket to access the FP lines for the FPs scheduled between 4-7. 3:30-6:30 is a better timing for FPs as it was for MNSSHP/MVMCP guests.

Not sure if it was mentioned, but we were staying at WL and the resort boat was not available, but we were able to immediately get on the bus after the party.

Are you going to Friday's event? I can't wait to hear how your experience was! I agree, the price is steep, but it seems beyond worth it to be able to ride all those rides with no crowds with a toddler!

Yes, Friday. Murphy's law says it will be the most crowded one ever ;) Seriously though, I am taking a weekend getaway and was looking for something special/different. Empty MK at night is literally my favorite thing in the world so I sucked it up and shelled out. Fingers crossed it's as amazing as hoped!

Yes, Friday. Murphy's law says it will be the most crowded one ever ;) Seriously though, I am taking a weekend getaway and was looking for something special/different. Empty MK at night is literally my favorite thing in the world so I sucked it up and shelled out. Fingers crossed it's as amazing as hoped!
I just caved and bought our tickets for next month!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter