Magic bands

"There are 5 or 6 standard colors so your mom could choose her color at check in if it doesn't ship - it won't be personalized however."

Oh, that's good to know.

Me and my family are heading to Disney super soon but we are staying at The swan and we only can find one magic band and one with out a name but if we order them they will not come in time what should we do!!

If your flying into Orlando then just buy some new ones from the Disney store right there in the airport. If ur not flying, just stop at Disney springs when u get into town and buy them there. Then just go online to mde and link ur new magic bands.

Thanks for all the tips! so, I'm guessing there is no customer service number relating to Magic bands.

when you are using magicband, do you still do your finger too, or did they get scan your face or something

Ok do they scan your finger? I know pre Covid they did ,but what prevents someone from switching bands if they don’t now?

Magic Bands aren't really needed now that there aren't FastPasses. Aside from using it to get into the park, they're pretty much reduced to nothing but a fashion statement!

If you're staying onsite, you can still use them to charge back to your room. And I believe fastpasses will come back. Club 33 members and guests get fastpasses right now, so the system is still in use. Any Club 33 members out there looking for a new friend? 🤣

Our check-in date is January 1, so supposedly we would have to pay a fee to order Magic Bands. But when I pretended to choose colors to reveal what the fee would be, it showed up as $0. I hesitate to order them and then get hit with a belated charge later. Anyone have any solid information on ordering Magic Bands for Jan. 1 and later?

Our check-in date is January 1, so supposedly we would have to pay a fee to order Magic Bands. But when I pretended to choose colors to reveal what the fee would be, it showed up as $0. I hesitate to order them and then get hit with a belated charge later. Anyone have any solid information on ordering Magic Bands for Jan. 1 and later?
The official info available is that MBs will will no longer be free for guests whose check-in date is Jan. 1, 2021 or later.
So, I would go by THAT info and not what your current reading is in (the very glitchy) MDX software.

Regardless, you have a few more weeks before you "need" to order MBs (or not) so that's plenty of time to get more specific info.

Based on reports here and on other boards, it appears that if your trip was booked prior to the announcement that complementary bands were going away for 2021, you are grandfathered in at $0 for the plain bands.

I have a trip in May 2021, and those bands show $0 as well. My October trip (made after the announcement) show as $5.

It is highly unlikely (like 0%, imo) that Disney would ever come back and try to charge you at a later date, once the bands are ordered.

Steve

Last edited:
The official info available is that MBs will will no longer be free for guests whose check-in date is Jan. 1, 2021 or later.
So, I would go by THAT info and not what your current reading is in (the very glitchy) MDX software.

Regardless, you have a few more weeks before you "need" to order MBs (or not) so that's plenty of time to get more specific info.
Based on reports here and on other boards, it appears that if your trip was booked prior to the announcement that complementary bands were going away for 2021, you are grandfathered in at $0 for the plain bands.

I have a trip in May 2021, and those bands show $0 as well. My October trip (made after the announcement) show as $5.

It is highly unlikely (like 0%, imo) that Disney would ever come back and try to charge you at a later date, once the bands are ordered.

Steve
Thanks for the replies!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter