• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic bands at Alauni

We managed to use our older (Magicband 2.0) Magicbands a few weeks ago. The CM at check in said that as long as your Aulani reservation is linked to your MDE account you should be good to go. She linked all of our bands to our reservation and we were able to use them in lieu of room keys all week. Definitely very helpful with how often you’re in and out of the pool and/or sea!
The old, original Magic Bands work as well.

Sorry to ask again, but can someone clarify the MDE link for using MB's at Aulani?

PP's have mentioned that the MB's need to be set-up with the reservation in MDE, but we just booked today, and found out that you can't link an Aulani reservation in MDE. It's only for WDW resorts.

So, does the MB just have to be linked to a specific guest in your MDE profile? Otherwise, how does it work?

Thanks.

Sorry to ask again, but can someone clarify the MDE link for using MB's at Aulani?

PP's have mentioned that the MB's need to be set-up with the reservation in MDE, but we just booked today, and found out that you can't link an Aulani reservation in MDE. It's only for WDW resorts.

So, does the MB just have to be linked to a specific guest in your MDE profile? Otherwise, how does it work?

Thanks.
Here's what worked for me: Ensure your that your Aulani booking is linked to the same Disney account that you use to sign-in to MDE with. You won't see the Aulani booking *in* MDE, but as long as they're both linked to the same Disney account, they are still linked behind the scenes. Ensure the magic band you want to use at Aulani is linked to the same MDE account, and the magic bands will then just work for you.

If they don't work, front desk will be able to fix things up, but all of this worked for me automatically.

Here's what worked for me: Ensure your that your Aulani booking is linked to the same Disney account that you use to sign-in to MDE with. You won't see the Aulani booking *in* MDE, but as long as they're both linked to the same Disney account, they are still linked behind the scenes. Ensure the magic band you want to use at Aulani is linked to the same MDE account, and the magic bands will then just work for you.

If they don't work, front desk will be able to fix things up, but all of this worked for me automatically.
Thanks very much for the explanation. Will do.

The packaging on the new band says they can’t go in the water. Do they last if the are used in the pool?

Hmm.. I don't see that on the packaging that I have. Not sure about the MB+, but I used a MB in the pools for a week and it seems to be ok. Maybe the MB+ is not sealed and the battery and charging contacts don't play well in the water.

New and old magic bands work. We have a mix in our family. New magicbands work in water as well, the charging accessory for them does not 😜.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter