Magic bands and split reservations

I just booked a room only at allstar movies before our package starts at Caribbean Beach (which there was no availability for the day I wanted to add). The CM told me 3 times I will not be able to use my tickets until the start date of my package. Is that true??? If so its OK with me but it seems like conflicting reports. Thanks

The CMs you speak to on the phone will consistently say that you can't access your resort package park tickets prior to resort check-in. BUT YOU CAN!

Go to Park Guest Relations at the front gate of any of the 4 theme parks (2 locations in DTD). Have your resort info with you, and photo ID. You can pick up your package tickets up to 3 days prior to check-in. WDW Guest Relations has been doing this for years.

The CMs you speak to on the phone will consistently say that you can't access your resort package park tickets prior to resort check-in. BUT YOU CAN!

Go to Park Guest Relations at the front gate of any of the 4 theme parks (2 locations in DTD). Have your resort info with you, and photo ID. You can pick up your package tickets up to 3 days prior to check-in. WDW Guest Relations has been doing this for years.
I talked to Guest Services last night and was informed that they are supposed to tell people who call in that they can't use their tickets before they check in but you can get your tickets still up to 3 days prior to check in.

What you can't do, which really aggravates me, is book any fast passes for the days before your package starts. So for me we check in on Sunday and I won't be able to do anything with fast passes until we get there on Saturday when I activate them at Guest Service. Honestly it is silly that offsite can book 30 days in advance but onsite cannot even if they have enough ticket days if doing a split stay.

If you have two consecutive split-stay packages (both with park tickets), can you book all fast passes 60 days prior to the first resort check-in? Both are on property.

I talked to Guest Services last night and was informed that they are supposed to tell people who call in that they can't use their tickets before they check in but you can get your tickets still up to 3 days prior to check in.

What you can't do, which really aggravates me, is book any fast passes for the days before your package starts. So for me we check in on Sunday and I won't be able to do anything with fast passes until we get there on Saturday when I activate them at Guest Service. Honestly it is silly that offsite can book 30 days in advance but onsite cannot even if they have enough ticket days if doing a split stay.

I was able to work around this using our MNSSHP tickets. For our situation, we check in on Oct. 17, but our FD package begins on Oct 19. We will pick up our package tickets on the 17th using "early package ticket pickup". We will go to EPCOT on the 17th and MK on the 18th. Since we have MNSSHP tickets, I was able to use those to set up FPs for the 18th because the system just recognizes the MNSSHP ticket as a one day ticket to MK. I will use the package tickets to actually enter MK on the 18th, not the MNSSHP tickets. So we just don't have FPs for arrival day, but we just plan to do Future World and have two other full EPCOT days planned.

Yes, if you can share your experiences when you return, I would greatly appreciate it! Good luck to you! :-)

So here's the scoop. After our room only reservation, I was able to use all three bands per person since we had the triple split stay. However, you CAN NOT get your tickets activated three days prior IF they are part of a package. Otherwise you can with no problem. When I explained to the front desk I read over and over and told by CM reservations I could with a package, she then proceeded to activate the tickets for the parks the next day for the YC club reservation(we were at AoA). She printed me the validation that the tickets were active and said if we had any issues the next day to show the paper. The tickets were for seven days and linked to the second reservation. So no problems there needing to activate for third resort stay.

As for dining credits...they activated after the check in at YC.(as told) We finished them the morning we checked out(fortunately). Meaning if you do not use credits, you can't start the next reservation dining plan. That plan even though checked in at the third resort can not activate credits until midnight of the check in date or until all previous credits are used. Sounds confusing but quite simple. If we wanted to use them and the others weren't finished then you have to ask the front desk to manually do it the next day. The desk at WL was not prepared to handle this situation of a split stay and did not add the dining plan to my bands when checked in. I checked them at Roaring Fork and had each band scanned to review credits. The concierge handled it quickly and efficiently and made sure all bands were activated so we could switch out colors if we wanted. I felt the front desk at AoA and YC were far more prepared to handle questions than WL, which surprised me.

All in all a very painless situation all around. I personally love the bands as did my kids(my 8 year old loved the charging privileges, using for photopass, fast pass etc.) and the whole FP+ system. I guess for an over planner like me and asking so many questions helped a lot too! :rotfl2:

So here's the scoop. After our room only reservation, I was able to use all three bands per person since we had the triple split stay. However, you CAN NOT get your tickets activated three days prior IF they are part of a package. Otherwise you can with no problem. When I explained to the front desk I read over and over and told by CM reservations I could with a package, she then proceeded to activate the tickets for the parks the next day for the YC club reservation(we were at AoA). She printed me the validation that the tickets were active and said if we had any issues the next day to show the paper. The tickets were for seven days and linked to the second reservation. So no problems there needing to activate for third resort stay.

As for dining credits...they activated after the check in at YC.(as told) We finished them the morning we checked out(fortunately). Meaning if you do not use credits, you can't start the next reservation dining plan. That plan even though checked in at the third resort can not activate credits until midnight of the check in date or until all previous credits are used. Sounds confusing but quite simple. If we wanted to use them and the others weren't finished then you have to ask the front desk to manually do it the next day. The desk at WL was not prepared to handle this situation of a split stay and did not add the dining plan to my bands when checked in. I checked them at Roaring Fork and had each band scanned to review credits. The concierge handled it quickly and efficiently and made sure all bands were activated so we could switch out colors if we wanted. I felt the front desk at AoA and YC were far more prepared to handle questions than WL, which surprised me.

All in all a very painless situation all around. I personally love the bands as did my kids(my 8 year old loved the charging privileges, using for photopass, fast pass etc.) and the whole FP+ system. I guess for an over planner like me and asking so many questions helped a lot too! :rotfl2:

I do not understand what you mean about your package tickets and not being able to get them early. Can you clarify? As I understand it, you can pickup package tickets up to 3 days early at guest services at the parks OR at your resort if both parts of the split stay are at the same resort. I'm not understanding what you did/were trying to do exactly.

I do not understand what you mean about your package tickets and not being able to get them early. Can you clarify? As I understand it, you can pickup package tickets up to 3 days early at guest services at the parks OR at your resort if both parts of the split stay are at the same resort. I'm not understanding what you did/were trying to do exactly.

Sorry to confuse! Our first night at AoA was a room only. Our tickets began the next day with a package reservation at YC. The tickets were for seven days on that reservation. The FD at AoA said they could activate but then management came over for another question and told me no. They can only activate if they weren't part of the package. She did it anyway and the top of the document printed reflected them as tickets for the YC reservation. My guess is they can for the package they just don't want the word out there it can be done.

I understand I will have two magic bands for our upcoming trip - one for a one night room only and one for a 4 night room, meal plan, and park tickets.
1) Will the bands be interchangeable?
2) Do I need to check in hotel #2 before my park tickets and meal plan are activated? Or can I just got straight to the park from hotel #1 and check in to hotel #2 later that evening?
Thanks for any help you can offer! :-)

We had a split DVC stay in March, and while they DID have another bracelet for us, the cast member asked if we just wanted to keep the one we had. It wasn't a problem.

Sorry to confuse! Our first night at AoA was a room only. Our tickets began the next day with a package reservation at YC. The tickets were for seven days on that reservation. The FD at AoA said they could activate but then management came over for another question and told me no. They can only activate if they weren't part of the package. She did it anyway and the top of the document printed reflected them as tickets for the YC reservation. My guess is they can for the package they just don't want the word out there it can be done.
juliehoey, there is a procedure in place at Park Guest Relations for early package ticket pickup. Usually resort CMs don't know about it. Any phone CM you speak to will say there's no way to get package tickets early. I suspect Disney doesn't want to create chaos by volunteering this info.

smitch425, it sounds like juliehoey is not aware of the ability to pick up package tickets 3 days early at the theme park Guest Relations outlets. juliehoey was lucky to have encountered a CM at AoA who knew the procedure. As she posted, others employed at AoA didn't know about it. Confusing, right?

juliehoey, there is a procedure in place at Park Guest Relations for early package ticket pickup. Usually resort CMs don't know about it. Any phone CM you speak to will say there's no way to get package tickets early. I suspect Disney doesn't want to create chaos by volunteering this info.

smitch425, it sounds like juliehoey is not aware of the ability to pick up package tickets 3 days early at the theme park Guest Relations outlets. juliehoey was lucky to have encountered a CM at AoA who knew the procedure. As she posted, others employed at AoA didn't know about it. Confusing, right?

I know there is at GR. That was why I asked at the hotel desk. The CM said absolutely and they could do it right there. Management frowned upon it. The look of 'you're not supposed to know about that':rotfl: I did have a few CM's on the phone in the recent weeks leading up to the trip telling me I could activate at the hotel(AoA) as well without checking in(YC). I do think it depends on the individual you are speaking with at the time(either in person or on the phone). Information is not consistent in regard to things such as this at times.

I know there is at GR. That was why I asked at the hotel desk. The CM said absolutely and they could do it right there. Management frowned upon it. The look of 'you're not supposed to know about that':rotfl: I did have a few CM's on the phone in the recent weeks leading up to the trip telling me I could activate at the hotel(AoA) as well without checking in(YC). I do think it depends on the individual you are speaking with at the time(either in person or on the phone). Information is not consistent in regard to things such as this at times.
That's so true! When Disney CMs say something to me that doesn't sound like the answer it's supposed to be, I ask another CM, and another CM, and another. I'll eventually find someone with enough know-how to answer the question correctly. But it's frustrating!

Could someone clear up a question that I have please? We have a split stay at ASM and AOA. Our tickets were purchased through a 3rd party vendor. Does this make our tickets linked to either of the room only reservations? I was under the impression that they are not tied to either room, but just wanted to clear it up in my head. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Could someone clear up a question that I have please? We have a split stay at ASM and AOA. Our tickets were purchased through a 3rd party vendor. Does this make our tickets linked to either of the room only reservations? I was under the impression that they are not tied to either room, but just wanted to clear it up in my head. Thanks!!

No, your 3rd party tickets aren't tied to either resort stay. Only if you booked a package with dining and tickets, you would have been required to purchase tickets from Disney which would be linked to one of your resort stays -- and that's not the kind of reservation you made.

No, your 3rd party tickets aren't tied to either resort stay. Only if you booked a package with dining and tickets, you would have been required to purchase tickets from Disney which would be linked to one of your resort stays -- and that's not the kind of reservation you made.

Thank you so much! Like I said, that's what I thought, but it's always good to be sure! I don't end any surprises when we get there! This question is a little OT, but since our tickets are will call, do we still have to go to guest services? I have our tickets linked to our MDE account, so again I assume that we are good in that area. I just don't want to drop the ball in any form or fashion!

Thank you so much! Like I said, that's what I thought, but it's always good to be sure! I don't end any surprises when we get there! This question is a little OT, but since our tickets are will call, do we still have to go to guest services? I have our tickets linked to our MDE account, so again I assume that we are good in that area. I just don't want to drop the ball in any form or fashion!

It's my understanding that if tickets show up in the MDE account, you are good to go. It's good to bring along some record (photocopy or camera pic) of the ticket serial numbers and a ticket description, just in case of a system glitch. I can't give a more official answer, but others have posted that MDE link was enough. I'm confused - what third party tickets are picked up at Disney Will Call?

It's my understanding that if tickets show up in the MDE account, you are good to go. It's good to bring along some record (photocopy or camera pic) of the ticket serial numbers and a ticket description, just in case of a system glitch. I can't give a more official answer, but others have posted that MDE link was enough. I'm confused - what third party tickets are picked up at Disney Will Call?

We got them through Orbitz back in February when Ebates was doing 20% cash back.

We are planing to pick up our tickets three days before we check in for the on-site portion of our stay. I know we have to go to GR at a park. The twist is my son is assigned to my mother's room for our on-site stay, but she will not be coming early with us. We will have his MB, all of our reservations were made together and we are linked in MDE. Is it going to be a problem getting his tickets early? Is there some documentation I can bring with us from my mother to smooth things along?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter