• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Magic Bands and Annual pass

mieuxmew

DIS Veteran
We will be going to WDW in October and getting annual passes (converting a 5 day park hopper voucher). We will be staying off site. Will we be able to get Magic Bands and/or participate in Fast Pass + once we arrive?

If we get Magic Bands, do we get to select colors/personalization?

How does parking work?

Thank you!

The PP is correct we have Magic Bands and are AP holders but we stayed at a Test Resort and that is how we got them.

There are rumours floating that AP Holders might have access to Magic Bands and FP+ from October. But they are just rumours at this stage :)

If you are staying on property and have not received noticed that you are participating in the test, you probably aren't getting them. I'm an AP holder and was notified that I will be part of the testing next month. I had to customize my bands before September 10th. I found out when I linked my reservation on the Disney experience app, and the AP website stated that as soon as the test period was over, the AP holders would be notified. So even if you don't get magic bands this time, you could possibly have them for your next trip. Just remember to make an AP account as soon as you get your AP. Have a great trip!

My friends have the magic bands and were able to just attached their annual pass to the band when they checked in to their resort... they just came home last night and loved the magic bands process

Could you please clarify if the fast pass machines are totally gone. My husband and I are coming down and staying off-site. We are AP holders. So am I understanding this as only patrons on site, regardless of AP will be entitled to fast pass? Thanks so much:goodvibes:goodvibes

Could you please clarify if the fast pass machines are totally gone. My husband and I are coming down and staying off-site. We are AP holders. So am I understanding this as only patrons on site, regardless of AP will be entitled to fast pass? Thanks so much:goodvibes:goodvibes

No the paper FP machines are not gone. MB is still in testing phase.

I live in Florida.

I have friends who also live here. THEY bought their annual pass and were given the bands. They showed me theirs. They are cute. and they have their names on them and when they went to the park they were able to buy little charms to put on them. They got to choose their choice of color and have their names printed on the back of them.

Maybe Florida people get them quicker? I am not sure how it works. I am going to buy my Annual pass in Nov. So I will find out how. I want the purple one. :lovestruc

We just renewed our APs, and we are FL residents. We did not get MBs; however, DS and I are staying at a resort that is testing the system and will be getting them that way. DH will not have one yet. We have not hear when he will get his.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter