Magic Bands 101

I need some info and help!!
I booked a surprise trip last week for 12/30/13 to 1/3/14 at PoR. In MDEx, under the manage bands and cards link-all that shows are the KTTK cards from us summer stays at Poly and POFQ. Those cards are old and not active. When does the MB icon show up to customize? I have read every thread but cannot seem to find out the answer.

I need some info and help!!
I booked a surprise trip last week for 12/30/13 to 1/3/14 at PoR. In MDEx, under the manage bands and cards link-all that shows are the KTTK cards from us summer stays at Poly and POFQ. Those cards are old and not active. When does the MB icon show up to customize? I have read every thread but cannot seem to find out the answer.

December arrivals are not yet eligible for MyMagic+ (MagicBands & FastPass+). If Disney holds to the same dates as for Oct & Nov arrivals, it should be enabled in the next week or so.

When you edit the individual in your 'Family & Friends' list, there is a check-box titled 'Add to Family List: This friend often travels with me.'. If checked, they are in the family section. If not checked, they are in the friends section.

Ok, thanks! I saw that check mark, but wasn't sure what it would do. :thumbsup2

Notes
  • Disney has said that guests should not try to link tickets for hard-ticket events to their MDE/MDX accounts. These include Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party, Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Night of Joy, etc. Guests should use the tickets provided to them to enter the park for these events.
  • All information in this post is subject to change as MDE/MDX and My Magic + are fully rolled out.

This has probably been said by someone else but I linked my MNSSHP tickets to my account and had no issues.

If I book a room for this upcoming Friday, will I still get MagicBands and FastPass+? That is only a few days from now.

Ethan

If I book a room for this upcoming Friday, will I still get MagicBands and FastPass+? That is only a few days from now.

Ethan

If the resort is included in MyMagic+ testing, you will probably receive Grey bands without any names embossed on them when you check-in.

If the resort is included in MyMagic+ testing, you will probably receive Grey bands without any names embossed on them when you check-in.

Where can I find a list of resorts currently doing Magic Bands?

Ok, I've been away from the Disboards way too long - too much to catch up on!
If someone could answer some of these, I'd appreciate it!
We rented DVC points and we're arriving 11/14 at the AK villas. I haven't bought tkts yet, but when we check in will we get the bands and can we add tkts to them, and what is FP+ and will we be eligible?

Thanks!

Linda

We rented DVC points and we're arriving 11/14 at the AK villas. I haven't bought tkts yet, but when we check in will we get the bands and can we add tkts to them, and what is FP+ and will we be eligible?

Thanks!

Linda

If you haven't already, setup an MDE account and link your room reservation. All Disney Resorts are included in MyMagic+ (MagicBands & FastPass+) testing as of 10/23. FP+ is a new version of the FastPass system. With FP+, you can pre-schedule return times for three attractions in one park per day. You need to have park admission linked to MDE in order to make FP+ selections.

Thanks!

Linda

You should be able to customize your bands now. Make sure you have a MDEx account with your resort reservation linked to it. Some have had to do on line check in to get access to band customization, others haven't. There is a link on the main MDEx page that says "Manage Magic Bands". If you have access to customization it will change to "Personalize Magic Bands". Again, you may have to go through on line check in.

I would do this today as you are right at the end of your customization window. If you have missed the window your bands will be waiting for you at check in. The only difference is that they will all be gray.

This has probably been said by someone else but I linked my MNSSHP tickets to my account and had no issues.

Thank you for your feedback. :)

Yes, there have been many that have had no issues. The problem comes with those guests entering between 4:00 and 7:00 who have not used a day on their regular pass. There were some issues with a day from that pass being used instead of their MNSSHP ticket. Since Disney is still recommending that guests not link their party tickets to their account (and, thus, to their bands) I am going to leave the original post the way it is for now.

December arrivals are not yet eligible for MyMagic+ (MagicBands & FastPass+). If Disney holds to the same dates as for Oct & Nov arrivals, it should be enabled in the next week or so.

Thank you! I thought there was something I was missing in MDEx!

We loved using the MB's during our split stay, we had a set of MB's for our 4 night stay at POR. We used them for our package that included free dinning and 4 day park tickets. We had a 7 day cruise on the Fantasy and then returned with another set of MB's for a room only stay at AOA. We used the first set from our POR stay for everything we did, including charging. We had no problems with it, had everything set up before we left on My Disney Experience for FP+ and dining etc. After returning from the cruise we had one day in the parks with FP's set up, left on our first set of MB's and wore both MB's on our one night at AOA. They were all different colors. I decorated my bands with the add-on's sold in the resort stores. We had only one time where we could not use the MB to pay for something and that was because the reader was not working. I advised the cast member that they should not use the register if they wanted to have positive feedback for the test. Later I saw that they had closed that register. They gave us the cards as a back up, and to use where the MB readers were not being used.

We are doing something similar...2 days at PORS, 4 days on the Disney Magic and then 4 nights in the Cabins at FW. We are traveling in January, so I've heard rumor that everyone might be getting them by then, but for now I hear it's just select resorts. So if they are all rolled out, would I assume that we too would get two sets of bands?

We are doing something similar...2 days at PORS, 4 days on the Disney Magic and then 4 nights in the Cabins at FW. We are traveling in January, so I've heard rumor that everyone might be getting them by then, but for now I hear it's just select resorts. So if they are all rolled out, would I assume that we too would get two sets of bands?

All resorts are participating as of next Wednesday, 10/23.

The only resorts not currently participating are Saratoga Springs, Fort Wilderness and the DVC villas at the Grand Floridian. Saratoga Springs and Fort Wilderness go live next Monday, 10/21 and the GF villas go live when they open next Wednesday, 10/23.

Straight to the park?
Normally we would stop by our hotel to get our tickets/kttw cards before heading to the parks even if we can't get into our room yet. Can we skip this and use our magic bands for the first time at the gate?

Straight to the park? Normally we would stop by our hotel to get our tickets/kttw cards before heading to the parks even if we can't get into our room yet. Can we skip this and use our magic bands for the first time at the gate?

Yes you can :)

Straight to the park? Normally we would stop by our hotel to get our tickets/kttw cards before heading to the parks even if we can't get into our room yet. Can we skip this and use our magic bands for the first time at the gate?

If the answer is yes I have another question. Can you use your magic band to get into the parks before your package starts. We are on the free dining package starting on nov. 11 but will be staying at POP on November 10th. We are getting magic bands for our one day at POP too for some reason. But anyhow... I am thinking about a way to do early ticket pick up... It seems like a real pain in the ..... Has anyone been able to use their mb to get into parks a day or two before their actual package starts. Or has anyone heard that you can do it?

Thanks!

Cross posting...

Has anyone else noticed the "training" video with Edna Mode on the main MDX page? It's hysterical! And it seems to indicate that FP+ will only be available to guests beginning at the 60-days-out mark. Seems to me that they're getting some of the official info posted about the new system. Finally!!

I just checked in online (I arrive 12/14) and immediately saw a change that I could personalize MB's and caught Edna's training. Too funny! I'm still trying to navigate through the whole process. Looks like we can all choose same color or each have different colors, but I wonder if 1 member of our party doesn't want a MB and prefers a card is that okay to order 4 out of a party of 6? My daughter is 2 and I'm not sure she will want to wear a band every day either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter