Magic band vs a card

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
does the magic band do any more things than just having a card? I hate wearing the magic band so just put the card in my back pocket. Someone at work told me the magic bands do more than the card. If it does do more what does it do that the card can't. Thanks

does the magic band do any more things than just having a card? I hate wearing the magic band so just put the card in my back pocket. Someone at work told me the magic bands do more than the card. If it does do more what does it do that the card can't. Thanks

It automatically links ride photos and videos to your account. I don't wear mine either; instead, I loop it onto my backpack strap.

As the PP's have noted, there are only a very few features that the MB has that a card doesn't have. So far that pretty much has to do with on ride photos. You can easily get by with just the card.

Thanks I been to wdw too many times to buy photos and videos. If that's all it does more a card will still be a lot better for me.

The card and a MagicBand both have the same short distance tech. So anything you can do with one that requires contact, you can do with the other. FastPass+, park admission, room charge, etc. The MagicBand also has long distance tech, do you can do things over a long distance w/o contact. The primary advantage to this is the ability to have ride photos/videos auto linked to your account as PPs have mentioned. However, that is also the tech used to do things in the rides, for instance IASW will specifically use your name in the "Goodbye Room". Nothing that will make or break your visit, but some people get a kick out of things like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter