magic band shipping question

Melissabo

Mouseketeer
If I pay for my trip balance early, will the magic bands arrive earlier? Our balance is due December 21st but I would like to have the bands to put under the tree Christmas a.m. If I pay now or within the next few days will they ship the bands in time?

I don't think so. All of our stuff was paid in full months in advance, but our bands didn't ship until after the customization cutoff date (one month out).

Your bands won't ship out until about 3 to 4 weeks before your trip regardless of when you make your final payment.

If you really want to put MBs under the tree at Christmas and don't mind spending some $$, you could purchase some now from the Disney Store and link those to your account.

Ok thank you for the replies. Anyone know how long it takes them to arrive? If its 4 weeks out they may arrive in time. If not, I better get thinking of another way to surprise the kiddies.:scratchin

Ok thank you for the replies. Anyone know how long it takes them to arrive? If its 4 weeks out they may arrive in time. If not, I better get thinking of another way to surprise the kiddies.:scratchin
We're doing a split stay in early December, so we get two sets. Our first set arrived 4 days after we received notification of shipping. The second set hasn't arrived yet and it's been 6 days since they were shipped.

There is a customize by date on the MagicBands & Cards page. That date is 30 days out from check-in. As soon as that date has past, they will customize and ship the MagicBands. The customization process takes a couple of days and shipping is currently by USPS.

I assume you have a package. Isn't that payment due at 45 days out? Since the bands won't ship until you're 3, maybe 4 weeks out (check in the MB area on the website, it will tell you EXACTLY when the last day is, and you can assume they'll ship a day or so after that), I can't see you getting them for 12/25.

I get there on 12/9 and my final day to customize my bands was 11/9. They shipped on 11/11 with an estimated arrival date of 11/15-17 and I got them this past Saturday 11/14. In my three trips using the bands now, they have always arrived pretty quickly! They have never shipped earlier than about 28-29 days out from my trips though.

ETA: I am in Philadelphia and the package said it shipped from FL so if you're across the country I would think it might take a few days more since it's via USPS. It also comes in a nice, unmarked box (with the Incredibles-themed box inside) so the kiddos won't know what's in it!

no.
magic bands will not be shipped before the customization deadline which is 1 month to the date prior to arrival.
most people receive them at about 21-25 days prior to arrival.
if you want magic bands for under the tree at christmas you'll have to buy them from the disney store website.
otherwise i'd just buy something else that pertains to disney and wrap that.

I just checked, we check-in on 1/20 our last day to customize the band is 12/20. So bands will probably get here a day or two after Christmas.

I assume you have a package. Isn't that payment due at 45 days out? Since the bands won't ship until you're 3, maybe 4 weeks out (check in the MB area on the website, it will tell you EXACTLY when the last day is, and you can assume they'll ship a day or so after that), I can't see you getting them for 12/25.

I think they changed it to 30 days. I have a package and my final payment isn't due until Dec. 3rd and my arrival date is Jan. 2nd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter