Magic band selection- confirmed selection then later sold out

martin33

Mouseketeer
Hi there,

Am I doing this right? Selected a magic band (themed standard band, not magic band plus), and it was confirmed as selected for the guest (with an option to edit below their name- which I did not do). Came back to site later after logging in and the magic band under that guests name is listed as sold out .....so is that one now no longer reserved for this guest and I have to choose again? Did I miss a step after I selected it and it was assigned to the guest?

Any advice appreciated

Hi there,

Am I doing this right? Selected a magic band (themed standard band, not magic band plus), and it was confirmed as selected for the guest (with an option to edit below their name- which I did not do). Came back to site later after logging in and the magic band under that guests name is listed as sold out .....so is that one now no longer reserved for this guest and I have to choose again? Did I miss a step after I selected it and it was assigned to the guest?

Any advice appreciated
Did you place the magicband order or just select it for the guest? If you didn't place the order, then yes you missed a step and they won't get the one you originally picked.

Hi there,

Any advice appreciated
Since they started charging for MagicBands, we have had to pay right after selecting them and adding names. So maybe (just guessing) if you didn't add a name, and then you never saw the screen to pay for that MB, then you possibly just aborted the transaction without securing it with payment. And is subsequently sold out.

thank you both - in researching a little more I think the issue was that there are 4 of us, and I only selected for one guest...and I now realize its an all or none transaction for everyone in the party at the time- which is lousy considering how few selections there are to choose from. Fingers crossed some of the sold out bands come back up for sale ...along with a fe more options
Thanks again

Be aware also that even if you go through the process of ordering and paying, you still may have your order cancelled before it ships if they run out of one or more that you selected. A lot of people are having that happen.

thank you both - in researching a little more I think the issue was that there are 4 of us, and I only selected for one guest...and I now realize its an all or none transaction for everyone in the party at the time- which is lousy considering how few selections there are to choose from. Fingers crossed some of the sold out bands come back up for sale ...along with a fe more options
Thanks again
I was able to order (and have already received) one for a single member of our party.

Thanks again

It is not all or none. You just have to click the decline Magic Band link for the people who don't want one, then complete check out.

It is not all or none. You just have to click the decline Magic Band link for the people who don't want one, then complete check out.
Thanks - this has been helpful- I see what you mean. Do you know if I can opt out of "decline a new magic band" later on if I change my mind if an appealing band comes up for sale. This would essentially mean I am buying magic bands for the 4 of us on different dates as new ones come of that interest each family members (just want to make sure it doesn't cancel out the ones picked for other guests in previous orders for the same trip) Thanks again

From everything I’ve read on the Dis, you have one chance to order the discounted magic bands. They all have to be ordered at the same time. Once you decline to order for someone, they will no longer be eligible for the discounted price. You can still order them bands, but for full price. It’s so unfortunate. ☹️

Thanks - this has been helpful- I see what you mean. Do you know if I can opt out of "decline a new magic band" later on if I change my mind if an appealing band comes up for sale. This would essentially mean I am buying magic bands for the 4 of us on different dates as new ones come of that interest each family members (just want to make sure it doesn't cancel out the ones picked for other guests in previous orders for the same trip) Thanks again
Once you've submitted the order, you can't go back and select MagicBands for anyone you declined new ones for.

Once you've submitted the order, you can't go back and select MagicBands for anyone you declined new ones for.
thanks - so in a sense for our family of 4 its an all or none transaction at one time, if we all want new magic bands - good to know

From everything I’ve read on the Dis, you have one chance to order the discounted magic bands. They all have to be ordered at the same time. Once you decline to order for someone, they will no longer be eligible for the discounted price. You can still order them bands, but for full price. It’s so unfortunate. ☹️
agreed - thanks for this info though

This has been ridiculous trying to order magic bands for the 6 of us. If they are going to have such a pitiful selection of magic bands, they need to make it where we can order one at a time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter