magic band 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.0 here as well for 1/28 check in

20170106_162854_zpsedvxzczx.jpg

When i first saw them i didn't like them at all ... Now i get to see more colors and designs i don't mind them at all.
Forgive me if this has be said but can we still use the old ones once these are out and about ?

I'm not so sure I like the fit. This is my 7 year old daughter's wrist. I'm squeezing the soft part of the band. All of the top part is hard and does not bend. The older Magic Bands would hug her arm. This one does not. She didn't complain when she tried it on, but I'm thinking she's going to complain that it's uncomfortable once we get to the parks.

Attachments

• IMG_3928.JPG
    IMG_3928.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 122
I think 1/27 check in was the date... I updated the magicband post to say everyone is gettng them now.

I think you're right. We just got our first set of bands for our 1/27 check-in and they're 2.0 - purple, blue, yellow, and red.

Ahhh the suspense is killing me. We arrive on the 27th as well and were supposed to get our Magicbands by yesterday at the latest, but they are sitting in PA. (I'm assuming snow issues) They have been on a journey (been watching the tracking like a hawk lol). FL, to IL, to PA and hopefully home to us in VA by tomorrow!

Our second set of bands (for a 1/31 check-in - we're doing a split stay) was originally set to arrive a day before our 1/27 bands, but they ended up delayed in TN, and I assume it was weather-related as well. Our bands didn't have quite the cross-country adventure that yours did, but I'm expecting we'll get them tomorrow. Since our first set is 2.0, I'm guessing the second set will be, too.

Last edited:
Is this new style of band adjustable like the original ones were? The old ones cold be made to fit little ones by peeling some of the wrist band away.

Is this new style of band adjustable like the original ones were? The old ones cold be made to fit little ones by peeling some of the wrist band away.

They are sizable like the old ones, but the hard plastic at the top does not bend and my daughter's wrist is not wide enough for it. There still is the black part of the band you can tear off. The pic above of my daughter's band is technically sized for her wrist. It's as tight as it can go without feeling uncomfortable. We already tore off the black part before we put it on her wrist. It's just a weird fit compared to how the old magic bands fit her.

They are sizable like the old ones, but the hard plastic at the top does not bend and my daughter's wrist is not wide enough for it. There still is the black part of the band you can tear off. The pic above of my daughter's band is technically sized for her wrist. It's as tight as it can go without feeling uncomfortable. We already tore off the black part before we put it on her wrist. It's just a weird fit compared to how the old magic bands fit her.

Thanks. I had not noticed the pic above but now that I am looking at it I see what you mean. My 2 granddaughter are going this trip. One is 6 years and the other just turned 2. I guess I better look around and see if I have any other their bands from the last trip.

Thanks. I had not noticed the pic above but now that I am looking at it I see what you mean. My 2 granddaughter are going this trip. One is 6 years and the other just turned 2. I guess I better look around and see if I have any other their bands from the last trip.

Keep in mind that middle comes out and eventually they will be selling things to put it in and attach to your bag or clothes. while an increase in costs, it does offer some more flexibility other than wearing it if that might help. I actually keep the icon of one of them in my bag for ride photos and use a card for everything else.

Ahhh the suspense is killing me. We arrive on the 27th as well and were supposed to get our Magicbands by yesterday at the latest, but they are sitting in PA. (I'm assuming snow issues) They have been on a journey (been watching the tracking like a hawk lol). FL, to IL, to PA and hopefully home to us in VA by tomorrow!
Ours are taking forever to. It's been a week for what should be a 2 day journey. I love in PA not far from where they are. We got like an inch of snow so they shouldn't be held up.

Ours are taking forever to. It's been a week for what should be a 2 day journey. I love in PA not far from where they are. We got like an inch of snow so they shouldn't be held up.

It's so frustrating to see them just sitting there. I feel like I've been waiting years. lol I've decided if they aren't here by Monday I'll contact Disney. I have read some older threads where the York, PA facility is the blackhole of Magicbands haha, but they all eventually got them. Fingers crossed! Good luck, hope you get yours soon!

It's so frustrating to see them just sitting there. I feel like I've been waiting years. lol I've decided if they aren't here by Monday I'll contact Disney. I have read some older threads where the York, PA facility is the blackhole of Magicbands haha, but they all eventually got them. Fingers crossed! Good luck, hope you get yours soon!
Thanks you to. We don't check in till the 29th but I just want to know if they r 2.0 or not and I m the type of person that needs to know now. Haha

Just received ours for a 1/29 arrival. They are 2.0. The kids' resized version (with the gray part pulled off) is not an ideal fit for a child's wrist, but I'm sure he won't complain. The puck part is bulky for a six-year-old. I like how they look, and we're excited to have something new to try. Can't wait to see additional accessory options!

E.T.A. Tracking said they shipped from IL, but the return address on the package said FL. If it was indeed IL, there must have been some weather delays since it took 8 days to arrive in MI. The package is more compact than the last one we received, and used less cardboard, which is great!

Attachments

• IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 28

That's the same journey ours have been on! They left on Jan.1st and haven't made it to NC yet. We have snow now, so who knows when they'll get here.

Another 1/29 check in here and we just got ours, 2.0 as well.
My 4 year old hasn't taken hers off since they arrived so even though it looks huge on her wrist it doesn't seem to bother her.
I'm getting so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter