• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

magic band 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes that is the fully functional band in the picture. The icon is not that large and I'm rather impressed with the size.. When you see it in the small keychain it's smaller than many other keychains (not all).

It's so much smaller (it's wide across the wrist but not as thick from the wrist up) than other pictures made it look.

That's a good question and I don't remember what I did back then. We've been so many times since MB came along that I forgot.

:)

I still have all our lanyards, and we wear them at universal and disneyland (and still at wdw because I still carry ID insurance card cash cc and DVD card and if I ever have an ap or tiw again I'll need that card for discounts). So I definitely know what we did. :)

Pre mb I never knew Disney world without them lol first time we went was when they were just testing them and we were staying off site so we had card tickets but the touch points they have now where in place back in 2013

Aha.

So weird to think about.

I have lost 2 lanyards over the years. One on Space Mountain and another on Rockin' Roller Coaster. You do get them back, but not until the following day. I see a lot of lost "pucks" in Disney's future.

The picture makes the bands themselves look huge and bulky. I hope that's not the case. They sure are ugly and not looking forward to wearing one on my wrist.

The shop Disney Parks phone app.

Accidents side picture doesn't look that big.

You lost whole lanyards??? DH lost a lanyard pouch on ca screamin and therefore lost his and DS's aps, but not the whole lanyard!

I see a lot of lost "pucks" in Disney's future.

The picture makes the bands themselves look huge and bulky. I hope that's not the case. They sure are ugly and not looking forward to wearing one on my wrist.

The only way individual pucks will be lost is if they aren't screwed in.

And they are very thin. Wide across the wrist (just smaller than a Gear S2), but I believe the strap itself is even slightly thinner than the newer version of the original MB

Curious on how this will work for me - we're heading down Dec. 28- Jan. 2, and we have our magic bands. I plan on upgrading (me only) to an AP once I get there ... when they ship my AP band, will it be the new type? Im assuming (I know ... I know ... "assume" ) that they wont ship my new AP band until after the holidays, but will that put me into the new bands?

Curious on how this will work for me - we're heading down Dec. 28- Jan. 2, and we have our magic bands. I plan on upgrading (me only) to an AP once I get there ... when they ship my AP band, will it be the new type? Im assuming (I know ... I know ... "assume" ) that they wont ship my new AP band until after the holidays, but will that put me into the new bands?

It was reported that MB2 were being sent for APs starting this week, and resort guests starting in January. But during the transition period, there's really no way of knowing what you will get

It's so much smaller (it's wide across the wrist but not as thick from the wrist up) than other pictures made it look.

Yeah, now that the wristband isn't an antenna, it's about half the thickness. The wristband is no wider than the old band unless you remove the outer piece to make it smaller. The actually icon part is about half the thickness but a tiny bit wider than the old bands. I like it better but do agree with some others that posted that it's harder to wear it with a second band, like a fitness band. I also feel like I have a watch and keep looking for the time but overall it's a lot more comfortable and feels like it clasps more securely.

And of course the best part is you can just put the icon in your pocket like it's a half dollar coin which is roughly the size of it.

You lost whole lanyards???

Yep. Not Disney Pin lanyards, these were softer and thinner. The first time, it flew behind me and just broke as I was trying to pull it back. When I got the new one, I tucked it into my shirt on rides, but still managed to fly out and break the same way. I couldn't stand the feel of heavy, thicker lanyards on my neck, so I gave up all together.

The only way individual pucks will be lost is if they aren't screwed in.

That is good to know. Still yet, if they are on longer necklaces or lanyards, they will have to be sturdy ones to not break off on high speed rides. Not a problem with regular length or size necklaces, but thinner material with something heavy on the bottom will want to fly.

I've got a stay in January as well. Today is my last day to customize so I'm cutting it close. I'm hoping we get 2.0 just cause I'm a sucker for anything new. I sent a tweet to @WDWToday this morning and this was the response I got...Me:"@WDWToday last day to customize our MBs for our January trip, any chance we'll get the new MagicBand 2.0? Here's to hoping!" WDWToday reply: "@BenEige Fingers crossed for you!
1f91e.png
1f91e.png
"

I hope anyone that isn't an AP holder will post here when they get shipped a new one for a resort stay.

I've got a stay in January as well. Today is my last day to customize so I'm cutting it close. I'm hoping we get 2.0 just cause I'm a sucker for anything new. I sent a tweet to @WDWToday this morning and this was the response I got...Me:"@WDWToday last day to customize our MBs for our January trip, any chance we'll get the new MagicBand 2.0? Here's to hoping!" WDWToday reply: "@BenEige Fingers crossed for you!
1f91e.png
1f91e.png
"

I hope anyone that isn't an AP holder will post here when they get shipped a new one for a resort stay.
even if you are a ap the resort band should be the ones they send for the resorts i don't think it matters i am a ap so i have i get the mb 2.0 i have three more days to customizes my resort stay bands but am thinking that they will not ship till after christmas because i have till the 23rd end of day to make changes the the weekend is christmas

I was in MK on Sunday for my pre-trip trip to Disney and I ordered the Rogue One MB2.0, but I wanted to see what it looked like since I was there. I actually like them, they are nice and thin, and they actually feel pretty light compared to the current MBs. My band will b delivered tomorrow via UPS, so I will be linking it and using it in rotation with my other MBs for my vacation this week. I have a feeling that I might enjoy this one more than the older ones. I can post pictures of the new MB when I get it in tomorrow with side by side comparisons with the current MBs

I was in MK on Sunday for my pre-trip trip to Disney and I ordered the Rogue One MB2.0, but I wanted to see what it looked like since I was there. I actually like them, they are nice and thin, and they actually feel pretty light compared to the current MBs. My band will b delivered tomorrow via UPS, so I will be linking it and using it in rotation with my other MBs for my vacation this week. I have a feeling that I might enjoy this one more than the older ones. I can post pictures of the new MB when I get it in tomorrow with side by side comparisons with the current MBs
That would be great I have ordered both the 45th and the Star Wars one for me and my wife I plan on doing a unboxing and a compare them to the older magicbands on my YouTube channel I have all three versions here with me ounce they come

Our bands arrived today for our resort stay starting 1/11. They are not the newer style. I am expecting newer style ones once I activate my AP in January :-)

Please don't hold my child size wrists against me, but the band came today and these are the differences:

nxreo0.jpg

6qv3u9.jpg

2hnta3n.jpg

20qkuh2.jpg

The new macho band is thinner, definitely feels lighter and conforms to my wrist a lot better than the current magic bands, removing that awkward gap. The Icon can be removed by an eyeglass screwdriver

Please don't hold my child size wrists against me, but the band came today and these are the differences:

nxreo0.jpg

6qv3u9.jpg

2hnta3n.jpg

20qkuh2.jpg

The new macho band is thinner, definitely feels lighter and conforms to my wrist a lot better than the current magic bands, removing that awkward gap. The Icon can be removed by an eyeglass screwdriver
Thanks for posting can't wait to get mine

nxreo0.jpg

Yeah DS got his yesterday and sent me picture, it is for sure bigger but looks really sharp.

I opted out of MB when I renewed my ap in April, is there a way to opt back in to get the 2.0 ones?

I just got my AP band in the mail and it is the new one. I really like it!
Wow, really? When did you customize? I just got passes for my two sons who are home for Christmas but was planning to hold off awhile on customizing their bands to hopefully get the new ones. One will be home mid-Jan - think it's safe to do now?

We have an upcoming trip in which we have already received our Magic Bands - and they were the old style. I just bought Annual Passes and linked those in my account and it has the option to get new Magic Bands. However, the visual graphics on the website still look like the old style bands. If we customize those bands (just put in today) will we get the old style band or the new bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter