LYFT to ORL Brightline

Betsyp

DIS Veteran
I need to be picked up no later than 2:15 since I need to be at the station early to go through inspection, etc….I guess it takes at least 45 minutes to get there

Should I request an earlier pick up in case they’re late? I’m getting kind of paranoid about not making it with enough time to get through everything…I don’t know how big the station is, etc…

Thanks!

I can't help you with what security is like at Brightline, but distance-wise you're looking at ~30 minutes with no traffic depending on where you're actually coming from. This is from Grand Floridian because I figured to be safe that it'd be the farthest away (Animal Kingdom Lodge should be closer and a bit more of a straight shot). The station itself is actually fairly easy to get to, with a separate entrance before you get to MCO Terminal C (or A/B) if you come from 417, but if you're talking 2:15pm on a Saturday I'd want to allow extra time regardless.

Screenshot 2024-03-11 002128.png

Personally I'd give myself the extra time... like pick up 1hr before you want to be at the station. That way if the Lyft is late (traffic, miscommunication, etc.) then you can still make it.

I can't help you with what security is like at Brightline, but distance-wise you're looking at ~30 minutes with no traffic depending on where you're actually coming from. This is from Grand Floridian because I figured to be safe that it'd be the farthest away (Animal Kingdom Lodge should be closer and a bit more of a straight shot). The station itself is actually fairly easy to get to, with a separate entrance before you get to MCO Terminal C (or A/B) if you come from 417, but if you're talking 2:15pm on a Saturday I'd want to allow extra time regardless.

View attachment 840881

Personally I'd give myself the extra time... like pick up 1hr before you want to be at the station. That way if the Lyft is late (traffic, miscommunication, etc.) then you can still make it.
I’m actually leaving today - sorry, I should have been more specific

I’m not sure I even have the energy to go to DS - I might just have lunch at the YC. But regardless. I think giving myself extra extra time is the right thing to do.

Thank you!

I know it's late for you but from everything I have heard about Brightline is the security is a piece of cake compared to what you find at MCO. Only takes a few minutes at the longest.

Also too late for OP but to help someone else: security at MCO Brightline station is easy peasy. Send large bags through the x-ray machine, walk through the screener, and carry on. No removing shoes, taking out laptops/liquids, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter