• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lyft around question

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
My husband made a last minute decision to Lyft instead of renting a car. So my question now is if we use lyft to get around will we be able to get to other resorts for shopping and drinking or do we need reservations?

Dee

My husband made a last minute decision to Lyft instead of renting a car. So my question now is if we use lyft to get around will we be able to get to other resorts for shopping and drinking or do we need reservations?

Dee
It’s been reported that rideshare trying to enter CR, BW, or Yacht & Beach without reservations of some kind near park opening times, shortly before fireworks times, etc. have been turned away.

CR is where the risk is highest - there was a period of time when the line of cars trying to enter the CR parking lot just to drop guests off for MK was so long it extended onto World Drive, impeding buses trying to get to MK. They also became a safety hazard by stopping just inside the guard gate to let guests out and then turn around.

At BW, rideshare dropoffs became an issue when RotR first opened and people had to be inside DHS in order to try for a Boarding Group (VQ). Too many cars trying to enter that parking lot at one time!

That’s what led to restrictions on rideshare.

It makes no difference if you are using your own rental car or riding in a Lyft, the same rules would apply.

Same rules if you're parking as if you're just being dropped off? I don't think that's true in most cases. Possible in certain situations, like the ones @CarolynFH mentioned
Yep, my car has been denied entry to park and my Uber/Lyft has been denied entry to drop off when arriving at MK resorts as well as Boardwalk resorts without reservations... It does sometimes depend on the guard and the time of day/year.

Yep, my car has been denied entry to park and my Uber/Lyft has been denied entry to drop off when arriving at MK resorts as well as Boardwalk resorts without reservations... It does sometimes depend on the guard and the time of day/year.
Unfortunate. Too many abusing it as quick access to the parks or to avoid parking charges I guess.

Thx. We will lyft to our reservations in different resorts but we will take buses to visit places we dont have reservations, like GF. I want to see the gingerbread house. And swan and dolphin, our friends are staying there and we want to visit.

Thanks all,

Thx. We will lyft to our reservations in different resorts but we will take buses to visit places we dont have reservations, like GF. I want to see the gingerbread house. And swan and dolphin, our friends are staying there and we want to visit.

Thanks all,
Swan/Dolphin/Reserve are no problem at all. If you park, you’ll pay (the parking lots themselves are gated, not the entrance to the resort), but rideshare can drive up to the front and drop off without any restrictions.

Swan/Dolphin/Reserve are no problem at all. If you park, you’ll pay (the parking lots themselves are gated, not the entrance to the resort), but rideshare can drive up to the front and drop off without any restrictions.
Thank you

I used Uber almost exclusively when I stayed at the Coronado. I never had any problems going to any other resort. However as PP stated it could have been the time of year/ time of day

PS most if not all of the table service restaurants will comp the parking fee, if you want to eat there with your friends. In any case, enjoy!
There is no parking fee if you are dining at a resort. Only if you are leaving your car over night but not staying there. This info is direct from DVC rep. And I have never in the past paid a parking fee anywhere on property when visiting a resort for dinner lunch drinks or shopping.

Thanks though.

Dee

There is no parking fee if you are dining at a resort. Only if you are leaving your car over night but not staying there. This info is direct from DVC rep. And I have never in the past paid a parking fee anywhere on property when visiting a resort for dinner lunch drinks or shopping.

Thanks though.

Dee
I’m sorry, I realize now that I should have said at the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve - most if not all of those TS restaurants will comp the parking, if you want to drive over there to eat with your friends in one of the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve restaurants. At Swan/Dolphin/Reserve you do pay to park, no matter what the length of time is that you’re there. The DVC rep told you the policy for Disney resorts, which is different from the Marriott-operated Swan/Dolphin/Reserve resorts.

Thanks though.

Dee
I'm not quite awake, but this doesn't make sense to me. There is no fee for parking at a Disney resort. The issue is whether or not the guard at the gate lets your vehicle in. If you are not staying at the resort and do not have a dining reservation at the resort, the guard might not let your vehicle in. But if the guard does let your vehicle in: once you're in, I don't think anybody pays any attention to whether your car is there for an hour or overnight.

I'm not sure what "DVC rep" gave you that information. The DVC guides (salespeople) do not always have completely accurate info. When Disney World opened, parking at resorts was free. There was a fee for parking from 2018 until January 2023, then the fee was eliminated again. The fee was for people staying at the resort; it was added to their hotel bill.

People staying on DVC points have never had to pay for parking at DVC resorts.

I agree and know what you are referring to. I called DVC Member Services to ask because somewhere along my posted questions here someone mentioned that I would have to pay to park if coming in to meet up with friends and that didn’t sound correct. It’s now a mute point since we decided not to rent a car. But i do appreciate your info. We haven’t had a problem pulling into any resort w an uber so far, but that was with dining reservations.

Dee

I agree and know what you are referring to. I called DVC Member Services to ask because somewhere along my posted questions here someone mentioned that I would have to pay to park if coming in to meet up with friends and that didn’t sound correct. It’s now a mute point since we decided not to rent a car. But i do appreciate your info. We haven’t had a problem pulling into any resort w an uber so far, but that was with dining reservations.

Dee
That was for the Swan/Dolphin. You mentioned you had friends staying there and planned to drive to meet them and park. The Swan and Dolphin charge all guests, even their own, for parking. The only mention of paying for parking at a Disney resort was for valet.

Just some info to share…we pulled into the Dolphin in an uber….no guard, no gate, no one to ask why were there. Pulled up to the lobby and walked right in to meet our friends. Easypeesy.

Dee

Just some info to share…we pulled into the Dolphin in an uber….no guard, no gate, no one to ask why were there. Pulled up to the lobby and walked right in to meet our friends. Easypeesy.

Dee
Same at CS. However no easy park access from CS

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter